Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

I think you are right and that there are so many examples that equate. I think the hard part about this is that TOTWL was open to all and why people think its a different situation than the Epcot Lounge. That was never opened to resale buyers. Result is the same though...exclusion...

And, the fact that DVD is giving up making more money by limiting who gets to pay for food and drinks...which seems odd...the whole reason is to market it as exclusive and you can't do that if everyone can go...trade off and they must think at this point, whatever bar and food costs they lose from resale buyers, are worth it.

I am still wondering, just based on the language, if this is now going to have capacity limits to just the seating (they added more outside) and that when that is full, so will the lounge...no more letting everyone up if you can't get a seat..

So, even for those who are eligible, the rules could end up different...maybe there will be no more popping up 10 minutes before fireworks, to watch and go...for anyone.
I've read so many resale buyer's posts over the last few years, many of them condescending, telling me how foolish it was to buy direct and even consider the perks, because Disney can take them away at a moment's notice. Yet now, there's a sense of surprise and outrage that it has unexpectedly happened to them as well, and that it's neither fair no right. Uh, excuse me? You can't have it both ways. (And I did not buy for the perks anyway, just for booking Riviera, VDH, and Poly2 down the line.)

I think once they see impact of blue card members being restricted from the exclusive white card events that hilltopper and I are organizing they'll be changing their tune. These are going to be some epic white card parties going on at the ping pong tables shuffle board and volley ball courts!

Yeah I have a vision of grabbing all the chairs on the beach and playing some sick music. Maybe a round robin connect four tourney along with outdoor chest duels. May even try to keep the hot tub clogged up with us chilling there. Either way it will be a party. digital pass will be required.

Yeah I have a vision of grabbing all the chairs on the beach and playing some sick music. Maybe a round robin connect four tourney along with outdoor chest duels. May even try to keep the hot tub clogged up with us chilling there. Either way it will be a party. digital pass will be required.
We'll make so much noise their monocles will be falling into their martinis up in totwl!

I've read so many resale buyer's posts over the last few years, many of them condescending, telling me how foolish it was to buy direct and even consider the perks, because Disney can take them away at a moment's notice. Yet now, there's a sense of surprise and outrage that it has unexpectedly happened to them as well, and that it's neither fair no right. Uh, excuse me? You can't have it both ways. (And I did not buy for the perks anyway, just for booking Riviera, VDH, and Poly2 down the line.)
But isn't that a perk they could contractually take away. Like direct from the original 14 could be excluded if they ever felt the need to? Buying direct seemed very risky I thought due to price and possible rule changes too. Btw if I am condescending I apologize and purely here for a good time teasing myself and peers alike.

But isn't that a perk they could contractually take away. Like direct from the original 14 could be excluded if they ever felt the need to? Buying direct seemed very risky I thought due to price and possible rule changes too. Btw if I am condescending I apologize and purely here for a good time teasing myself and peers alike.

Where points can be used is not a perk. It is part of the contract via the DVC Resort Agreement.

As long as a resort is part of BVTC, then owners have trading rights to other resorts. The rules for each resort are set, Prior to RIV, all resorts entered with the same rules.

But, RIV entered under different one…only direct points can be used there at 7 months, unless purchased before January 2019, It also said that points bought direct can be used at future resorts as well.

The only way that goes away is if they remove a resort from BVTC…then it trades with no one..which means all owners. However, being removed from BVTC can’t be done on a whim…there are specific reasons it can happen, spelled out in the agreement,

The only way current points can’t be used at future resorts is if DVD doesn’t make them part of BVTC, and starts a whole new system.

DVD has never made rules that restrict where points bought from them can be used and it doesn’t benefit them to do so,

Perks are incidental benefits and are defined in FL timeshare law, That is what can come and go, Materially changes to the POS can not, unless owners vote.

BVTC could be completely dissolved and then no one gets trading until each resort found another company to do that…but, the chances of that are slim to none as It would not benefit DVD in anyway.

Now the rules for trading to other resorts can be changed. They can charge a fee. They can set trading point charts, They can treat resorts differently…and they do not need to keep the booking windows the same.

Where points can be used is not a perk. It is part of the contract via the DVC Resort Agreement.

As long as a resort is part of BVTC, then owners have trading rights to other resorts. The rules for each resort are set, Prior to RIV, all resorts entered with the same rules.

But, RIV entered under different one…only direct points can be used there at 7 months, unless purchased before January 2019, It also said that points bought direct can be used at future resorts as well.

The only way that goes away is if they remove a resort from BVTC…then it trades with no one..which means all owners. However, being removed from BVTC can’t be done on a whim…there are specific reasons it can happen, spelled out in the agreement,

The only way current points can’t be used at future resorts is if DVD doesn’t make them part of BVTC, and starts a whole new system.

DVD has never made rules that restrict where points bought from them can be used and it doesn’t benefit them to do so,

Perks are incidental benefits and are defined in FL timeshare law, That is what can come and go, Materially changes to the POS can not, unless owners vote.

BVTC could be completely dissolved and then no one gets trading until each resort found another company to do that…but, the chances of that are slim to none as It would not benefit DVD in anyway.

Now the rules for trading to other resorts can be changed. They can charge a fee. They can set trading point charts, They can treat resorts differently…and they do not need to keep the booking windows the same.
Well I understood what you said mostly before but I was more inferring Disney still has plenty of wiggle room to back out and strip portions of what made DVC attractive. But charging for transfer points or transfer charts would be their way of killing off older resorts and forcing owners to buy new resorts. imagine what they would do to those Saratoga owners and OKW that usually transfer a lot of points at 7 months. Either way I am getting off topic from this thread ha. I just think it is somewhat crappy that Direct buyers do not get much locked in as perks. Future resort access is valuable but wish there was more that could be counted on.

Well I understood what you said mostly before but I was more inferring Disney still has plenty of wiggle room to back out and strip portions of what made DVC attractive. But charging for transfer points or transfer charts would be their way of killing off older resorts and forcing owners to buy new resorts. imagine what they would do to those Saratoga owners and OKW that usually transfer a lot of points at 7 months. Either way I am getting off topic from this thread ha. I just think it is somewhat crappy that Direct buyers do not get much locked in as perks. Future resort access is valuable but wish there was more that could be counted on.

DVD could legally decide to make a perks program with more guarantees. Nothing in the law prevents that.

But, DVD can’t include incidental benefits as part of the POS and charge owners via dues for any of it because FL timeshare law prohibits it. It had to be kept separate. Owners can’t be forced to pay for those type of things.

I would be surprised to see the changes for use in BVTC…it doesn’t make a lot sense as it hurts direct…but just saying it is something that could happen…many don’t even know you are only guaranteed a one month home resort advantage. It doesn’t have to be four.

I had to go back and look at my old notes but in 2018, Reunion Station hosted several paid activities which were limited to DVC members who qualified for Membership Magic. There were also plans for a nightly reception for qualified owners but that was oddly abandoned before it started.

https://dvcnews.com/resorts/villas-...4/4106-reunion-station-opening-date-confirmed
My DW and I attended the mixology class at reunion station around that time. It was a paid activity. They also had a wine tasting and a painting class. They all ran $30-$40 and were limited to qualified owners. They also were booked very quickly.

I took a photography class with friends at Reunion Station.

Years ago we also did a painting class at TOTW.

Those kind of things have made visits to WDW more enjoyable for me. I hope more of those kinds of things come back.

I think more direct perks are coming as DVC recovers from these last few years. Their direct pricing for non sold out resorts is, as we all know, more competitive than we all anticipated, and I think we’ll see all sorts of clever new perks start to appear to further differentiate direct from resale. It’s more their fun factor than their worth in dollars, but they’re still valuable to me.

I think more direct perks are coming as DVC recovers from these last few years. Their direct pricing for non sold out resorts is, as we all know, more competitive than we all anticipated, and I think we’ll see all sorts of clever new perks start to appear to further differentiate direct from resale. It’s more their fun factor than their worth in dollars, but they’re still valuable to me.
I hope so. I’ll give them my money. Just make it worth it.

It is opening tonight and tomorrow for members staying at Bay Lake Towers only

Attachments

• CC34D3F5-CD58-4E00-A167-85E94B8B16E9.jpeg
    CC34D3F5-CD58-4E00-A167-85E94B8B16E9.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter