Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

I really preferred the original classy rooftop experience and think I can live without the Villains theme … unless that buffet offers unlimited Villains lair cake !
I could be thrilled& chilled to the bones for all you can eat cake …

Im trying to get the link. Its called the "wicked wind down package" It was posted on Facebook by DVC. This was screenshotted and sent to me. I don't see the post. Then there were comments that MS confirmed it through chat and gave the dates and price. I don't see why someone would add this on when $55 is more than a drink and app. Unless for the "special" viewing area.

Edit* looks like the post was taken down...

View attachment 682804
Wow!!

I do wonder if they will change their tune later if the room is half capacity. I can see them opening it up for a fee and have restrictions for us. Who knows.

Id be surprised to see that but as you say, who knows. And with the new paid option to enjoy the spot, no need to really do it if the goal is exclusive for the purpose of membership extras.

Id be surprised to see that but as you say, who knows. And with the new paid option to enjoy the spot, no need to really do it if the goal is exclusive for the purpose of membership extras.
Well wish they would just create a quick service there and make it happen somehow but I know there is a lot of reasons why not.

Top Of The World Lounge To Offer Nightly Paid Event

From July 11 through August 11, qualifying Disney Vacation Club members can take advantage of "Wicked Wind Down" at the exclusive lounge. For a fee of $55 per person plus tax and gratuity, members will receive a cocktail, appetizer and "sinfully sweet treat" from the lounge's new menu. The fee also incudes a reserved table inside the lounge and access to a "specially reserved area of the rooftop terrace" during the Magic Kingdom's fireworks presentation.

In order to participate, members must qualify for Membership Magic and have a current reservation at a Disney-owned resort using their DVC points. Contact DVC Member Services in order to make reservations. This offering is subject to daily capacity limits.

Plans call for additional dates to be added. Certain holidays and special events dates may be excluded.

Top Of The World Lounge To Offer Nightly Paid Event

From July 11 through August 11, qualifying Disney Vacation Club members can take advantage of "Wicked Wind Down" at the exclusive lounge. For a fee of $55 per person plus tax and gratuity, members will receive a cocktail, appetizer and "sinfully sweet treat" from the lounge's new menu. The fee also incudes a reserved table inside the lounge and access to a "specially reserved area of the rooftop terrace" during the Magic Kingdom's fireworks presentation.

In order to participate, members must qualify for Membership Magic and have a current reservation at a Disney-owned resort using their DVC points. Contact DVC Member Services in order to make reservations. This offering is subject to daily capacity limits.

Plans call for additional dates to be added. Certain holidays and special events dates may be excluded.

I wonder, do the points you're using for your DVC villa have to be direct points themselves or do you just need to have the blue card?

Yeah, but that temporary card says access until 8/8
Because you printed it today. They have a one month expiration. My guess is those will be removed at some point.

It doesn’t really matter though because the terms and conditions for TOTWL now require DVC Y as well as the digital membership card. The temporary cards are not the digital card.

But you know all this already.

Last edited:
I wonder, do the points you're using for your DVC villa have to be direct points themselves or do you just need to have the blue card?

You have to show DVC Y to enter the lounge. It doesn’t matter how your reservation was booked as long as you are staying at WDW.

What's the max capacity? I bet this sells out and locks people showing up out.

We don’t know if they will be capping based on seats or based on the observation deck.

But, there is always a chance that any of us who are eligible to go will not get in..that’s why I don’t think they will be changing the rules to allow those not eligible in. They won’t need to

Because you printed it today. They have a one month expiration. My guess is those will be removed at some point.

It doesn’t really matter though because the terms and conditions for TOTWL now require DVC Y as well as the digital membership card. The temporary cards are not the digital card.

But you know all this already.
Maybe I missed this, but when I log into my DVC and I have a blue card, the only card I see is the temp card that is good for a month. How do I see the digital card, where is that? Thanks

What's the max capacity? I bet this sells out and locks people showing up out.
The lounge had seating for about 75 and the outdoor deck supposedly holds about 400. It has always been first-come, first-served, and some days the lounge would fill up before fireworks time. Most days, you weren't going to arrive 10 minutes before fireworks and get a seat on the window--or necessarily any seat. This is kinda like a FastPass for fireworks seating. If you're already planning to buy a beverage, appetizer and dessert, you're paying another ~$20 for the reserved seat.

I guess it's an appealing option for people who prefer not to invest the time. But I don't think it's going to send popularity of the lounge into the stratosphere.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter