Top of the World Lounge - Non DVC trip

ande2428

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are DVC members heading to Disney World in September but paying cash at a non-DVC resort (All Star Sports). Will we be able to still visit the Top of the World Lounge on this trip as we are eating dinner at the Contemporary one of those evenings and thought it would be fun to check out the updates to it.

Thank you!

Mark

We were staying at Boulder Ridge two weeks ago and visited the Lounge after Chef Mickey's. The Lounge had a 2-2.5 hour wait for a table to eat, but we elected to just go up to the outside viewing area instead of the Lounge itself. All the hostess by the elevator asked to see was my DVC Member ID. She didn't ask if we were staying on property, etc.

Hello! We are DVC members heading to Disney World in September but paying cash at a non-DVC resort (All Star Sports). Will we be able to still visit the Top of the World Lounge on this trip as we are eating dinner at the Contemporary one of those evenings and thought it would be fun to check out the updates to it.

Thank you!

Mark

According to the website, lounge access:

"*Requires eligibility for Membership Extras which is an incidental benefit subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee.

**Access to Top of the World Lounge requires an eligible Walt Disney World Resort hotel reservation booked by using your Membership, valid photo ID, and digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card."

To further clarify the room part, it says:
"Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras––who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort using their Membership (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash)––may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park."

Not absolutely sure, but I would guess this means if you booked your cash room through Member Services, you would qualify.

As I interpret the policy I would say no (assuming you just booked through Disney and not MS) but as stated above they let the member and their party in.
Try it and report back your results.

We were staying at Boulder Ridge two weeks ago and visited the Lounge after Chef Mickey's. The Lounge had a 2-2.5 hour wait for a table to eat, but we elected to just go up to the outside viewing area instead of the Lounge itself. All the hostess by the elevator asked to see was my DVC Member ID. She didn't ask if we were staying on property, etc.
Happy to know that the viewing area was opened for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter