Top Chef All Stars: LA

starvenger

DIS Veteran
Anyone watching? I have some thoughts about the first episode:

- My preseason favourites are Bryan Voltaggio and Gregory. Volt is a beast that came second on Top Chef Masters, and Gregory lost Top Chef Boston because Mei - who was no slouch herself - went beast mode in the finale.
- Weakest chefs I thought were Stephanie (who got hosed on her elimination) and Jamie (who stupidly gave up his immunity and got eliminated)
- Dark horses IMO are Melissa and Eric
- Nini is my favourite of this bunch.
- Why are Angelo and Jen back? They already had a shot on the first All Stars.
- Felt like one of the chef spots would've been for Fatima Ali, who died last year from cancer.

- Quickfire was an interesting 2-parter, but there was really no excuse for the Red team not to win, since they had the most time to prep

- Elimination immediately tries to prove me wrong on chefs as the Yellow team (with Stephanie and Jamie) win, but Gregory gets the gold star.
- Malarkey and Lee Anne are vets that really should have known better. Lee Anne especially given her history with the show.
- Sad to see Moustache Joe go, but I think he might win a couple of times on LCK.

I agree with most of your analysis - especially about Bryan and Gregory being favorites. Bryan was a shoo-in his season if it wasn't for the fact that he had to go against his brother.

I forgot that Malarkey was on Top Chef - I'm so used to seeing him on all the Food Network competition show as a judge that I forgot that he was a chef himself (and it doesn't look like he's ready for competition yet). A couple chefs, I barely remember as well, and I think I've seen every season.

I liked Joe, but he had a lot of weaknesses overall - he's a pasta chef primarily, but he screwed up pasta in his first attempt. Not a good sign.

We haven't watch it yet, can't wait!!!
I need a distraction from life........

I watched it today. So sad to see Joe go, he has some a bright energy about him. Now Brian is who I want to have win! I still think Las Vegas was the best season to Top Chef, glad to see a few of them representing.

Haven’t watched yet. I was sad to read the updates yesterday how chefs have had to close their businesses. I don’t always watch, but I used to be pretty close to one contestant’s father. So this season is a must for a bit.

All Stars and viewer favorites. And Project Runway three-peats its All Stars, why not TC?
I think this is actually Jen's fourth time on the show - she didn't make it through LCK in Colorado. And I do like both of them, but it would've been more fun to see some other faces show up for a redemption season. There were some great chefs on the Texas season, for example, but zero representation from there.

But obviously, desire and availability plays a factor into this. So I'm not mad or anything. Plus there's precedent as Casey was on All Stars and Fans vs Favourites.

Haven’t watched yet. I was sad to read the updates yesterday how chefs have had to close their businesses. I don’t always watch, but I used to be pretty close to one contestant’s father. So this season is a must for a bit.
I doubt many of these chefs do takeaway. But still, point taken, and we should at least attempt to support the local businesses if we're in a position to do so.

I was so sad about that!!! I remember him well.

So I was perfectly happy with who went home last night. That person seemed to be a little over-confident! :)

I'm not. That is 2 of my favorites, gone.

Wasn't that surprised to see him go. Dish was kind of all over the place, and the judges weren't feeling it.

- Was a bit concerned for Melissa at first since Tom didn't seem to like her dish, but the other 3 judges seemed to be ok so I guess he was overruled.
- Serving Indian food to Padma is apparently like serving risotto to Tom.
- Thought that might be enough to send Stephanie home
- What's wrong with crunchy cabbage?
- Nini's cooking decisions always sound like a bad idea and then she does something great. If she can stay away from front of the house-type stuff she'll probably be ok.

LCK - Seafood Challenge, with chef Michael Cimarusti
- One guy is going kind of safe with caviar and eggs. one guy is going risky with grilled geoduck.
- It's actually nice having a second person there tasting the food. Sometimes I think that Tom already has an elimination in mind before the challenge starts.
- Advancing in LCK
Joe's moustache. Also, Joe
- On the losing chef,
I think Angelo has become way too zen, and it's possible that, while he's still a great chef, he's lost that fire that pushed him to the finals of Top Chef. One that he probably could've won had he not been sick

LOVE Top Chef! So happy to see it back - especially now while isolating. Nice to have something to look forward to each week. I love so many of the chefs this season that it's hard to choose a favorite.

I love Nini. She is one of my favorites, and I think several of the chefs don't consider her a true threat. I hope she shows them.
I also love Kevin. He does his thing, and the taste shows. No fancy pants on him, and I love his sense of humor.

There really isn't anyone I cannot stand and would be irritated if they won. If I had to pick one it would be Malarkey. He grates on me after a while. Too much.

And although he is incredible, Voltaggio is already so well known. So that makes me want to see it go to someone else. He's considered the one to beat, and I typically root for the underdog. I guess that's why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter