Top 25 Most Attended Theme Parks in the World for 2010

I'm not surprised that CP is behind Knott's, since Knott's is open 364 days/year. King's Island barely had more people, and I think that's due to it being open about 3 weeks earlier than CP. I'm surprised that Canada's Wonderland gets that many tourists. I know they've done a lot to that park over the last 10 years, but I wouldn't put it in the same league as CP or King's Island.

Man, I need to get back to Ohio. It's been 10 years since I've been to CP!

I'm also not surprised by the Cedar Fair (Knotts, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, Cedar Point) rankings.

Knotts - Open year round in large urban area.
Canada's Wonderland - Only large amusement park for 50 miles around Toronto CA. One of the larges cities in North America.
Kings Island - Near Cincinatti,OH with huge Annual pass sales.
Cedar Point- Location hampers large numbers of repeat visits.

So, from a monitary standpoint Cedar Point may be the most profitable because of fewer annual passes.

I know that MK is the park so to speak, but it is shocking to me that AK and HS has almost 1/2 its attendance. I guess I assumed since its a tourist destination where many folks travel many miles to visit, that they would go to all 4 parks. Being a So Cal native, MK is the park I spend the least time in when I visit Florida. You think most folks do attend all four parks but spend more days at MK? Or do you think I'm off base and its another factor?

You think most folks do attend all four parks but spend more days at MK?

This. MK is usually open several hours later than the other parks, so it is our "go to" park in the evenings. If you want to do anything after 9 or 10 PM MK is pretty much it.

I know that MK is the park so to speak, but it is shocking to me that AK and HS has almost 1/2 its attendance. I guess I assumed since its a tourist destination where many folks travel many miles to visit, that they would go to all 4 parks. Being a So Cal native, MK is the park I spend the least time in when I visit Florida. You think most folks do attend all four parks but spend more days at MK? Or do you think I'm off base and its another factor?

When it was just dh and myself we did 3 or all 4 parks every visit, with an extra day at mk or EPCOT. Now that we have our toddler, we do 2 days each at mk and EPCOT and maybe hit one of the other 2 for a half day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter