• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party?

MrsWaltDisney86

Mouseketeer
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Question

For those of you who have done this? Do you like it? What is it?

We only have 1 day (1 planned day :lmao:) for wishes and since were going to see it why not have some dessert and relax for it...

Do I have the right idea/mindset of what this is?

Also, Why do they say it starts 1 hr before wishes but have reservation times every 15 min. If I take a 7:00pm resie are they going to be pushing us out at 7:30pm before wishes even starts?

Thanks for your help!

I would do the party. They have things timed so that it doesn't get too crowded at the dessert table. You won't be pushed out before Wishes. Enjoy!

Also, Why do they say it starts 1 hr before wishes but have reservation times every 15 min. If I take a 7:00pm resie are they going to be pushing us out at 7:30pm before wishes even starts?

Thanks for your help!

Where are they "pushing you out" to? You eat your dessert in the Terrace Noodle Station Pavilion and you watch the fireworks right there.

My guess the staggered ADR times is to better manage the influx of people getting in to the restaurant and getting desserts. But in my experience most people line up long before it even opens (not sure what for...your table is preassigned and there is plenty of food).

My opinion...definitely go :wizard:

We loved it last July and are doing it again this March. (Just booked online-yeah! :woohoo:) I highly recommend it (even though I'm one of the few). I actually am paying less to go in March than last July. Did I eat $30 worth of desserts? Nope.

Was it worth it to
1) know where to go to get a good view?
2) have a nice spacious area where my 2 year old could move around?
3) Sit and relax and enjoy desserts and people watching without worrying about the other masses around me?

YOU BET!!!

We had grabbed Buzz FP before and then were right there to ride after the fireworks. When we went in July we had a big breakfast at Crystal Palace, snacked throughout the day, and then had desserts. :) HTH

We went in December and I think you're paying more for the view than the desserts. It was not crowded and a great place to watch the fireworks from but the desserts were nothing special and I don't think it was worth the $20+/person. I do not plan to do it again.

I called and asked for a price for April 2011 and it was 26.99 for adults and 14.99 for kids although it's not available for booking at this time. It seems pretty expensive for dessert but it might be a great experience!

Just made my ressies for May. :banana: Can anyone here tell me about how many people they "let in" to the dessert party each night? I had heard it was just 50, which would be awesome.

We are also booked for may. I am excited. It will be nice not to try to get a view, worry about ppl staning on front of my kids and having to stand through the wait to hold a spot after a busy day. I asked DS (5) if he would like a dessert party with fire works rather then a sit down dinner that night, it was a definite yes

I would also be interested in any photos anyone might have of the dessert buffet. DH is concerned it might not be "worth it." Of course, I tell him, it's Disney and they don't do anything half-a$$ed. :lmao:

Is there a specific time that is better than others. I checked for availability on the day that we are going to be at MK and their are only two time slots available 9 pm and 9:15. Are these good times or should I try for something earlier.

We went last year and are going again this year - at DH's request!

If you are concerned about having a late start time, check with the CM before it opens - I had one of those later times last year and the CM told me I was crazy, that they wanted everyone to be lined up & get wristbands 5 - 10 minutes before it opens, so that you can go right in to your table and start to relax with your goodies.

I thought there was a nice assortment of desserts. While certainly it would have been cheaper to buy ONE big dessert from the Main Street Bakery and stand with the crowd to watch the fireworks, part of the fun was trying the "little bites" of so many things, and then going back to load up on the favorits. Another strong point for me was that while the beverages did not include soda pop, they did include unlimited ice-cold milk. That's not something you can find every day. And milk goes so well with chocolate cake and brownies and cookies and......

Yes, after a busy park day it was great to sit down, not be crowded, eat and drink, and then have a great view of the fireworks rain or shine. The only downside for some people would be that you really can't get a good view of the parade before Wishes, so if the parade is a must-do you might have to skip the Dessert Party.

Oh - and while last year in June it was $26.99, I booked this year in May and it was only $21.99. It's Disney - prices do vary wildly by season.

I am so excited...we are going June 1st and celebrating my DS 16th birthday.

Should be awesome!!

Just looked into this
$16-35
Holds 50
With 5 kids ages 7-7 months it might be worth it though

how many days in advance can you book this? I know it's less than the 180 day mark, but having a hard time finding this info online- does it change?

FYI - if it's available for your date - don't delay booking. With such limited seating, it will sell out quickly! We've been twice and plan to go for a third time. I like being able to sit and watch the fireworks, without having to tussle for a good spot. I also like the desserts. My party is typically 2, so for a small party it's easy on the wallet.

For more information, take a look at the 2 threads located at the top of my signature. Hope this helps :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter