Tom Sawyer's Island

lisaisjessiesmom

Earning My Ears
I have never been to Tom Sawyer's Island. Would it be good for a two and a half years old, or would we be better off with the play area by Dumbo?

Thanks!

It's sort of like comparing apples and oranges. They are both good places to let the kids burn off some energy, but extremely different. Tom Sawyer's Island is going to require a tighter eye on your 2.5 year old. Not that Dumbo's area won't, but at least that's enclosed. TS Island is full of trails, logs to hop across, things to climb on, dark caves.. I recommend experiencing both, but overall Dumbo's area will be more geared to the 2.5 age range.

Also consider the season. The first time we tried Tom Sawyer Island it was late October and delightful and fun and we hung out for an hour. Fun and relaxing at the same time! Next time it was early September, hot as balls, caves were sweaty and claustrophobic and NO one was scampering over rocks and such. Couldn't wait to get back on that raft.:crazy:

It would be a great place for a 2.5 year old to take a nap or rest. It tends to be quiet and not very crowded. It is fun, but they play areas and dark, small caves are for more mobile/agile kids, and adults that can see in the dark:rolleyes: Great place to for quiet time though. I would try and go if you can. It's a great connection to Walt, which you may understand, but the 2.5 year old won't. It's still magical at any age though, IMHO:)

Also consider the season. The first time we tried Tom Sawyer Island it was late October and delightful and fun and we hung out for an hour. Fun and relaxing at the same time! Next time it was early September, hot as balls, caves were sweaty and claustrophobic and NO one was scampering over rocks and such. Couldn't wait to get back on that raft.:crazy:

LOL!!! We went in Aug and yes, it was hot as balls. We actually overheated from walking around so much. It was fun, but man is it tough in the heat. We sweated so much, it was like someone turned on the heat over there. Then the fun ride back crammed on the raft in the blazing sun. We just about died.

Ha! I forgot about that packed raft. It was like we were being rescued from heat torture, only to have to pass through the gates of hell to get to safety. To add insult to injury, it was that "Year of a Million Dreams" thing when CMs would hand out random fast passes, Mickey Ears, nights in the castle, etc, and the WHOLE raft in front of us won necklaces with like 8 fast passes on them! They were still all beaming and congratulating themselves in the offloading area when our poor scorched selves disembarked. :grouphug::faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter