Toilet Paper for RVs

Since one entire loop is closed at one of our favorite campgrounds due to septic issues, I think the "clog" issue is more about the campground and less about our black tanks...

So we will use RV TP so we are not adding to the problems. That is interesting about the Scotts TP, but it is ironically, thicker than their regular TP haha.

When we first started RVing we bought the special "camping" toilet paper. We've been using the Costco Kirkland Toilet Paper for the past severl years with no issues in the RV.

Since one entire loop is closed at one of our favorite campgrounds due to septic issues, I think the "clog" issue is more about the campground and less about our black tanks...

So we will use RV TP so we are not adding to the problems. That is interesting about the Scotts TP, but it is ironically, thicker than their regular TP haha.

I worked for State Parks previously with access to the Waste Water Treatment Plant, the clog issue maybe on the campground end, but is usually caused by campers. Two biggest issues we usually had a problem with feminine hygiene products and moist towelette type butt wipes.
Those items will clear from a full black tank, but cause havoc on the campground system and pumps.

We use either Angel Soft or Scotts - 2 ply, whichever is on sale when we are buying it. Never had a problem. We use lots of water before we flush and lots of water after we flush and Happy Camper. We put the happy camper in when we get to a site with lots of water (in both the black and grey tanks) and then again after we have flushed out the tanks.

Thanks for the pointer!
I am embarrassed to admit but I am actually asking because of advice from plumber . I live on 3 rd floor and constantly having clogged toilet . Apparently the brands I like don’t dissolve so I was hoping to get to the bottom of toilet paper advice from all you friendly honest campers surviving in the Wilderness!

The most important point is, what is upstream from the toilet drain?
The new low-flush toilets do a great job of getting stuff out of the toilet and into the pipes, but not so much after that. It doesn't really matter if upstream from the toilet drain is a shower, bath of washer. Something that will clean the pipes with lots of water. But, generally the drains are set to wherever it is convenient. So, start doing a triple flush for #2.

House TP works for us...and it isn't one ply.

....we use lots of water.....

I asked DW to recite the Lord's prayer while stepping on the "flush pedal" whether it's either #1 OR #2. (Got that idea from this forum, I think.) No, it's not because what you just created is so righteous. The idea is to get the most water into the black tank that I can, at least 30 seconds worth of water. If in doubt, recite it twice.

....and I do a heavy flush of the black tank when we leave a site. I also put around 5 gallons of fresh water in the black tank before we leave.

Ditto

P.S. - any prayer will do...except the Sheppard's prayer. It's way too short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter