Toddler at Le Cellier and Shula

Can you take an 18-month-old to Le Cellier and Shula's? Yes. The only restaurant with an age restriction is Victoria and Albert's.

Should you take an 18-month-old to Le Cellier and Shula's? That's another matter entirely.

With Le Cellier's theme park location, kids shouldn't be an issue, but some people will be against your bringing a toddler to any signature restaurant. While I've never been to Shula's, from what I've read and know about the restaurant, it seems less toddler-friendly.

In my opinion, whether or not you should bring your toddler to a signature dining experience depends entirely on your toddler. Is your child able to sit for a long period of time, perhaps several hours, over the course of a signature meal, without disturbing other patrons? Will you be bringing appropriate distractions for your child should he require distracting to make it through the meal (think coloring books, sticker books, iPad/similar device with headphones and a movie or game he enjoys, etc.)? What time is your meal planned, and how does that fit with his usual schedule (i.e. will he be awake for it, will he be unhappily awake and therefore cranky/noisy, will he be conked out in a stroller)? What will you do if his presence becomes a problem or disturbance for others (like if he were to throw a tantrum at the table)? Do you have options besides taking him to the meal (private babysitting, others in the group willing to watch him for the evening, etc.)? And, most importantly, will he actually enjoy the meal, and, by extension, will you actually enjoy your meal?
I'm not saying there's a right answer or a wrong answer to any of those questions, or even that those are the right/only questions to be asking. You know your son, and only you will really be able to evaluate whether or not you should bring him to your signature dining experiences.

I just want to commend you on your tact. This was very well thought out and written. I couldn't have written it better. Kudos to you!!:thumbsup2

My son is well behaved at this point and I am comfortable taking him to any restaurant. We go early and are walking out the door when most people are just starting to show up. If he was acting up I would take him out, but that hasn't happened yet.

I would not go to Shula's at 8pm, but would have no problem going at 5pm.

I've only been to LC, and there were plenty of little ones there. I would look at it the same as I would any other restaurant. The only time kids are an issue is when they're totally out of control. If people can't handle a baby babbling or an excited kid who is talking a mile a minute, that's their problem. Even when I'm out with just the hubs I enjoy cute little ones just doing their thing.

We did several table service places with our 18 month old. I remember LeCellier let us order our desserts as soon as our entrees were delivered. That way there wasn't a long wait after dinner to get dessert. It was perfect.

I know we took him to Coral Reef. I believe they did the same thing for us.

Enjoy your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!