Today's Disney bad press...

I think that's a huge part people are missing....again. you are paying more than you did for when things worked, or were spotless, so where is all that money going? If they aren't reinvesting in the product they have no right to raise prices.
Prices have nothing to do with the quality of the parks and everything to do with demand. If they can charge Disney prices while providing a Six Flags experience, they’re going to do that. More money for the shareholders that way and Chapek gets a bigger bonus.

“Paying more for less is the natural result of progress.” -Josh D’Amaro.

Wow. Nothing personal, but I wouldn't have believed that if I didn't verify it myself. I think he meant "progress" in double quotes. Disgusting. Unbelievable that he would actually say the quiet part out loud. But I guess it's not so quiet anymore, anywhere.

Prices have nothing to do with the quality of the parks and everything to do with demand. If they can charge Disney prices while providing a Six Flags experience, they’re going to do that. More money for the shareholders that way and Chapek gets a bigger bonus.

Well, I will say that I was there this past week and the experience was hardly "Six Flags." They weren't perfect, but did show signs of improvement from previous post-covid trips. It was also more expensive than ever, but the experience was really good overall.

We did 3 Disney parks, UO, IOA, SW so far this year, and as in the last few years the reality intrusions were more glaring but still acceptable for the most part. Bathrooms and overall park cleanliness are about the same across all the FL parks we've been to in the last few months. Same for customer service.

Sure if you're strategy as a CEO is to pump and dump the company, but it seems Disney already peaked months back.

The ideas chapek are implementing aren't exactly earth shattering or new, it's just that everyone else chose not to do them previosuly....for very intelligent reasons.

Wow. Nothing personal, but I wouldn't have believed that if I didn't verify it myself. I think he meant "progress" in double quotes. Disgusting. Unbelievable that he would actually say the quiet part out loud. But I guess it's not so quiet anymore, anywhere.
Can you link to where that bit of wisdom came from? Wondering if there is some context missing.

Can you link to where that bit of wisdom came from? Wondering if there is some context missing.
Trying ot, but all the sites that reported it must be blocked?

“Paying more for less is the natural result of progress.” -Josh D’Amaro.
It seems your replies are not posting but I was able to see part of them in a search, maybe the disappearing post issue is hitting this thread.

Anyway, I found the WSJ article where he said something like that and had actually read it last month, it did not strike me as all that bad. I just took it as "customers almost always are initially resistant to change/progress".

The exact quote you posted above is not in the article that I saw and does change the meaning quite a bit.

Mr. D’Amaro said he’s aware of the tension caused by rising prices and other changes, especially for annual passholders, but describes it as the inevitable result of progress, and insists that every change Disney has implemented at the parks is in service of improving visitors’ trips.

Other top Disney executives say the company is merely reacting to consumer behavior. “Demand has not abated” at the parks, Disney Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy told analysts in a conference call in August, explaining why the company wasn’t considering opening up the parks to more days for annual passholders. The new reservation system has allowed the company to limit attendance without having to turn visitors away when the parks become overcrowded, as it occasionally did in previous years.

It seems your replies are not posting but I was able to see part of them in a search, maybe the disappearing post issue is hitting this thread.

Anyway, I found the WSJ article where he said something like that and had actually read it last month, it did not strike me as all that bad. I just took it as "customers almost always are initially resistant to change/progress".

The exact quote you posted above is not in the article that I saw and does change the meaning quite a bit.

Mr. D’Amaro said he’s aware of the tension caused by rising prices and other changes, especially for annual passholders, but describes it as the inevitable result of progress, and insists that every change Disney has implemented at the parks is in service of improving visitors’ trips.

Other top Disney executives say the company is merely reacting to consumer behavior. “Demand has not abated” at the parks, Disney Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy told analysts in a conference call in August, explaining why the company wasn’t considering opening up the parks to more days for annual passholders. The new reservation system has allowed the company to limit attendance without having to turn visitors away when the parks become overcrowded, as it occasionally did in previous years.
From that quote, D'Amato doesn't sound like a very honest leader.

I don't believe everything I read on those sites. At the same I don't dismiss every negative press that comes out for Disney either.
Nor do I. But in this case I recently did my own in person research (having been a shareholder for decades, I have always paid close attention to the condition of "my" assets) and found most of the comments outdated - the parks were clean, better staffed than I had seen in years, no ride downtimes that we experienced, reasonable ride times on all but a few, no need for G+/LL add ons. The "too expensive" complaints are a matter of opinion and will be different for everyone. So I did not just dismiss it, I actually researched it, unlike the "reporter" of this story who read it on reddit LOL.

Just got back from a week stay and the cleanliness and cast attitudes were great. Any issues I did see were caused by drunk guests on a Saturday night at Epcot and general entitled attitudes from guests who had no consideration for anyone else but themselves.

Just got back from a week stay and the cleanliness and cast attitudes were great. Any issues I did see were caused by drunk guests on a Saturday night at Epcot and general entitled attitudes from guests who had no consideration for anyone else but themselves.
Yea, Epcot WS on a weekend night, you are a brave person!

I wonder how dated that article is. We just recently got back for a visit after a cruise and it
was heads and tails better than our visit last Nov.

We also spent some time at Universal and frankly saw more trash there. Portofino hotel however
was very nice and except for leaky shower and broken drawer the hotel seems better value
than Dis deluxe.

I wonder how dated that article is. We just recently got back for a visit after a cruise and it
was heads and tails better than our visit last Nov.
We saw the same and there are many other posts on the boards agreeing with us. I think the article is dated and made up of people who like to complain about old issues like it was yesterday...

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter