TL or BB with 7yr old?

Add the water park option to your ticket if you can swing it, I don't think it's all that expensive.

The Ski Patrol area of BB is cool, no doubt about it. They're getting a bit old for it now (13, 9, 9), but they use to love it. They thought the zip line was awesome, and there's a challenge where they have to walk across floating "icebergs" without falling in (there's a net rope overhead for them to hang onto too). The slides in that section are really more for younger kids, maybe ages 2-6.

If your son is a fish, then he'll definitely love the wave pool at TL. It's amazing. Again, just the caveat of "be careful" and make sure someone is watching him. The deeper you go into the pool, the bigger the wave is. For a full grown adult, you can go in where the water is 5' deep when calm. When the wave comes, it's incredible, but you need to be a strong swimmer. The shallower the water you're in, the smaller the wave.

Try the family tube rides. They are a blast. TL just built a brand new one, so I haven't tried it yet, but am looking forward to it.

The lazy rivers are great to relax in. Sure, you'll get kids pushing their way through, or even adults acting goofy sometimes, but on the whole, my wife and I love to float around for a lap or two while we let the kids go off and do slides. Just beware...you will get splashed on them. They have sections where a waterfall feature is overhead, or other guests can spray you from the outside. It's a lot of fun, but just be prepared for it.

We're planning on going to a water park one day too (have never been to either) and had to decide on which one. My son will be 10 when we go, and he chose Typhoon Lagoon. From what I could tell some of the more extreme slides were located at BB and my son is not comfortable with the bigger, scarier slides, but TL seemed to have lots of middle ground stuff.

I liked the idea of TL for the same reasons but also because I don't care for the theming of BB. We get enough snow where we live as is, when I go on vacation I want to get away from that! I also think all that white snow glare would be a recipe for one killer headache!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter