• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips! (You NEED them!)

AuroraBelleCindy

Mouseketeer
:wave: Hi, I've got tips you really do need! First of all bring two old pairs of shoes because trust me my daughter brought a brand new pair of shoes and she ruined them from all the walking!:bounce: Second write what your going to do try to get in a park early and go back to your hotel and about 2 hours later or whenever go to another park then it only takes 2 days to visit the parks then have one day to just relax and after you can just visit the parks again and do the things you didn't do!:Pinkbounc (but trust me do a plan! So that you're not going to go crazy!):crazy: And third just have fun and be a kid! Also,if you are going to the CSR resort go outside when it's dark out with your child/children and you can look for armadillos because you can find them out there I don't know if they're at the other resorts but you can find them! Thank you for your time reading this and I'd love reading your posts!:earsgirl: :smooth:

I never knew about the armadillos at CSR! Is there any one place that is better for seeing them? I would love to see one. We will be there tomorrow so maybe we will get lucky!

I have armadillos at CSR and All Stars Music. They were just wondering around. Also saw an aligator in the water at CSR. Of course I didn't have my camera to prove to my kids there really was one.

We saw an armadillo at All Sports and All Music. If you hear rustling in the bushes take the time to find out what is in there. That is how we found the armadillo. It was one of the big highlights of my son's trip.

When we stayed at the WL a few years back, my DS and I came across an armadillo at the bottom of the stairs built in the rocks near the pool. I kept getting closer and closer to see the small creature ( I always thought they would be bigger) as it was digging in the dirt when it turned and came right at me. It continued to chase me to the door where I jumped in and then it ran off. Needless to say, my DH and DS had a very good laugh.

We travel around WDW and the hotel really late at night (so much more peaceful and cooler) all the time and have seen several armadillos along the road ways but rarely up close and personal.

Good luck on your sighting!

I was at CSR in 2001 and saw a gator in the lake. It went right over to the area where the Pepper Market is. There happened to be some people standing there. We were coming back from the pool so we didn't have our camera. Of all things- three men in uniform came walking up with some equipment and pulled the gator out of the water! Way cool!! Here we were about 2-3 feet from this 4ft. Gator with our kids and no camera!!

We also saw hummingbirds on that trip. They are so incredibly small and fast you could easily mistake them for those large horseflies.:cool:

You can also catch them if you walk around at night at Fort Wilderness. As well as the infamous cooler-opening, egg-stealing racoons! LOL

Christiana

yes much disney wildlife abounds. DH saw a live armadillo while by the stairs Dalmation building, ASMo. (I to this day have never seen one that wasn't upside down looking like a stuffed tick in the middle of the road). We also are amused by the many "thumper" CM's who inhabit the many resorts. We have seen them everywhere. Now it's to the point we just go "oh look, more Disney wildlife", it's almost like theming. LOL;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter