Tips for two attachments to your mobility device . . .

iuki

DIS Veteran
As some of you may know, I recently purchased the Falcon Reclining Foldable Electric Wheelchair (aka my “Hot Wheels”). Just as RaySharpton loves his Fold and Go, I absolutely LOVE my Hot Wheels. Like Ray, the best investment I ever made! Mine is in hot pink and I get so many compliments on it. I told the last gentleman who said he loved my HW, that it also comes in other colors. He said, “Oh no! I love that color! That’s what I would get for ME!”

First tip: Instead of using the free cup holder that came with my HW, I purchased a soft mesh cup holder, so that I didn’t have to remove it whenever we folded my HW for travel or entering a room with a narrow door. It also has a small pocket which is supposed to be for your cell phone. However it’s too small to actually be used for a cell phone. I use it to store my little pouch that holds my folding cane.

Second tip: When we attached the cane holder that also came with my HW, I always managed to knock the cane off its holder, and my husband kept picking it up from the ground for me. I finally found the perfect solution, that is, if you have a folding cane. I fold my cane and place it in the pouch. The pouch has a drawstring that closes the pouch, and I just hang on the armrest. So my cane is available for use when I need it, and the pouch is kept in the pocket of the soft mesh cup holder when I’m using my cane.

I ordered both the cup holder and the folding cane pouch from Amazon. These two small purchases have made it so nice and convenient so that I don’t have to remove the cup holder to put the travel bag over my folded HW, and the cane pouch holding my folded cane can easily be placed in my purse or tote bag when I’m on the plane.

I’m always open to tips, so I thought I’d share my tips with others.

Happy travels.

Judy

Do you have a pic of the cup holder?
The black bag hanging from the armrest is holding my folded cane. My husband loves that he doesn’t have to keep picking up my cane that kept getting knocked off from the cane holder. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter