Tips for a Couple's Birthday Trip?

TheApprentice'sApprentice

Earning My Ears
I'm surprising my wife with a trip to Disney for her 30th birthday this October. It'll be my 3rd time going and her 7th or 8th. We're staying at Boardwalk and for 6 days and have 5 days of park tickets. We've never gone without our son before so I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the adult side of Disney.

We're going to MNSSHP one night and I have my eye on some special dinner reservations. I'm looking for your best tips and tricks to make it an extra special birthday trip for her!

Would she enjoy a backstage tour, such as Keys to the Kingdom or Wild Africa Trek (and others)? Those are excellent for seeing the parks in a whole different way, and because there’s a minimum age it’s not always feasible to do with the entire family.

DH and I also enjoy just walking slowly through the parks and looking at the buildings. The upper story windows on MK Main Street and at DHS and the animal theming on buildings at AK are really interesting. We also like the trails around the AK Tree of Life.

In other words, we slow down and don’t run from ride to ride!

Get a birthday button at Guest Relations (or maybe your hotel check in?) for her to wear. It's amazing how CMs can spot those things! And even other guests will comment so that's fun.

If you want a drink we were at Disney Springs last week & went to The Edison for a before dinner. The bar downstairs is super cool! The bartenders taught us about different Old Fashioneds (it wasn't very busy yet) so we tried a few & just enjoyed the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter