Tip when labeling your child's stuff.

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
I work in a building that thousands of people and hundreds of children are in and out of.

A DS showed up a couple of weeks ago that has several very nicely printed p-touch labels on it- bearing only a common first name.

So parents, if you label, that's smart, good for you!- but be sure to put something useful on the label like a last name, email, or phone #. :)

Good tip. :) I always use address labels to stick on expensive electronics, etc. I figure that with both my name and address, I stand a better chance of getting an item back.

Speaking of labeling, it's always a good idea to label anything a child might take off at school like a jacket, sweatshirt, hat, etc. We send home reminders to our preschool parents to please label all clothes and reusable snack containers and it's amazing how many still don't do it. Kids tend to toss things in the wrong cubbies or on the counter and it's hard for us to sort them out if they're not labeled. I even label jackets for my 14 and 11 year olds. They tend to leave them on the playground and a name and even a room number helps keep them out of the lost and found pile.

And I'm sure kids aren't gonna pay attention to which reusable plastic container is theirs, especially if it's not of their favorite character or something.

You can usually have clothing labels made up. I know my aunt has a few of them. And just sew them in, that way it's a unique label that won't wear off.

DS's labels say "Property of DS. Please call 555-555-5555 if found." And a cute picture of a dump truck. :) Got them from VistaPrint as a "free" add-on on another order I was placing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter