Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

kim3339~ you already have me listed as doing the 5&10K.....but now add me to the 1/2....just registered after all.
I'm nervous about the 1/2....but more nervous about getting up so early 3 days in a row!!
Big bummer is I don't have time to get a certified 10k proof of time....so it looks like I will start in the last corral...with the balloon ladies :(

:banana: Added the ½ to you.

I updated the list w/ everyone else. I think I got everyone, but if I forgot you or a race, sorry. Just let me know and I'll update it again. 14 weeks... :goodvibes

Ok dh saw how much I loved running the DW race even though I am not a runner and have no interest in running any where else. While Dh signed me up for this race.
A few questions are the races only in the park or outside the park? I hope only in the park. Also do they have power aide or just water at the 10k.
How cold is it in the morning of the races ? I hate the cold I would rather have 100% humidity like Florida then cold.

Ok dh saw how much I loved running the DW race even though I am not a runner and have no interest in running any where else. While Dh signed me up for this race.
A few questions are the races only in the park or outside the park? I hope only in the park. Also do they have power aide or just water at the 10k.
How cold is it in the morning of the races ? I hate the cold I would rather have 100% humidity like Florida then cold.
If they use the same route as the 10K for the Dumbo, the run starts by the Mickey and Friends parking, and the first 2 miles are outside the park. (Basically, down DIsneyland Drive, turn left on Convention Way, down to Harbor, up Harbor to Disneyland backstage.) The next 4 miles are through the parks, and the finish is beside the DLH.

It was cool last year. Sweatshirt weather. And if I remember right, the 10k had water. There was Powerade at the finish.

I am running the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon. Please add me to the list.

It will be my DD and I. We are staying at the CCI. We arrive Friday morning and leave Tuesday afternoon. Getting a 4 day park hopper. Tuesday morning will not be a park morning but a DTD, Goofy's Kitchen type morning.

My plan for race morning is to get up and leave DD sleeping away and then plugged in (3DS, Touch, Personal DVD) until I get back. If the route takes us by the CCI, then she will go out and cheer me and then go back. We plan on hitting the parks in the afternoon.

I am running the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon. Please add me to the list.

It will be my DD and I. We are staying at the CCI. We arrive Friday morning and leave Tuesday afternoon. Getting a 4 day park hopper. Tuesday morning will not be a park morning but a DTD, Goofy's Kitchen type morning.

My plan for race morning is to get up and leave DD sleeping away and then plugged in (3DS, Touch, Personal DVD) until I get back. If the route takes us by the CCI, then she will go out and cheer me and then go back. We plan on hitting the parks in the afternoon.

Added you to the list.

The 1st email/newsletter went out today! :cool1: We're getting closer. If anyone didn't get one and wants one, pm me your email address and I'll send it off to you.

Checking In, Will be doing the inaugural 10k for sure. Haven't yet signed up for the Half (hoping to get a spot for Green Friday if it happens or through GET Travel if I decide last minute). :)
I got the email from runDisney, but my name is Leslie according to Capt Hook! LOL!

I was very sad that Hook called my by my real name:rotfl2: First time running disney anything. One thing that has me panicked is the crowds and pace. I will struggle to not get swept with my avg pace being a 14 min mile. However I did the CHOC walk and the amount of people was just overwhelming. Please tell me its easier and your able to pace in that large of a crowd? Also when do the sign ups for the Disneyland come out? I want to know I can do this one first before I invest more.

I was very sad that Hook called my by my real name:rotfl2: First time running disney anything. One thing that has me panicked is the crowds and pace. I will struggle to not get swept with my avg pace being a 14 min mile. However I did the CHOC walk and the amount of people was just overwhelming. Please tell me its easier and your able to pace in that large of a crowd? Also when do the sign ups for the Disneyland come out? I want to know I can do this one first before I invest more.

Not sure how many runners CHOC has, but Tink is b/w 13-15,000. The pace is 16 min for the Disney races so running at 14, you should be fine.:goodvibes The time for sweepers begins when the last person crosses the start line. If you want to give yourself some more extra time, try to get as close to the front of your corral vs. the middle or back. For the most part, I've never really had a hard time staying at my pace. The part outside of the parks are on the streets and there's plenty of room for you. The only parts you might have some problems are when you go backstage from onstage in the parks or when we turn into the backstage area from the street at the beginning. It bottlenecks and slows down just a little bit, but nothing to be worried about. Plus it's only when we're in the parks and only a couple of times so at most it would add 30 secs extra to your overall time, if that.

The DL races usually open up in Jan. You'll be able to sign up at Tink. If it's like the past couple of years, they'll also have pre-reg for Disney Visas and I think DVC and APers. If you don't sign up at the expo, it'll probably open to the general public Tues after Tink.

CHOC had 15K people, which was why I started to worry about the crowds. Thank you for this thread and support. Even if I come in at 3:29...I will be happy if I get a medal.

CHOC had 15K people, which was why I started to worry about the crowds. Thank you for this thread and support. Even if I come in at 3:29...I will be happy if I get a medal.

You will totally be fine if you are a 14mm. Dont be too nervous!

I have a question about getting Park tickets through Get Travel: If I do that is it best to have them mailed to you? If you do the Will Call thing at the Expo, just exactly how does that work? Do they have a place to pick them up at the Expo and does it take a lot of time to get them?

This trip is our Christmas gift. I think it would be best for me to pick up the tickets at the Expo, but, just worried about how that will work.

TIA

Checking In, Will be doing the inaugural 10k for sure. Haven't yet signed up for the Half (hoping to get a spot for Green Friday if it happens or through GET Travel if I decide last minute). :)
I got the email from runDisney, but my name is Leslie according to Capt Hook! LOL!
Ok I have to ask...what is green Friday?

Exactly! Whether you finish 1st or very last, it's all the same race and the same beautiful medal. It's hard to say don't worry or be nervous, but I still get nervous for my races. But you will be fine, you'll finish!

I have a question about getting Park tickets through Get Travel: If I do that is it best to have them mailed to you? If you do the Will Call thing at the Expo, just exactly how does that work? Do they have a place to pick them up at the Expo and does it take a lot of time to get them?

This trip is our Christmas gift. I think it would be best for me to pick up the tickets at the Expo, but, just worried about how that will work.

TIA

I've always just picked them up there at the expo. You pick them up in the lowel level of the expo where you get your bibs. I've never had any problems doing it that way. The time all depends on the line really. For DL this past Labor Day, I didn't have a line at all. Don't think it was bad for Tink either, but a few of the Labor Day ones there are lines. They have more than 1 person working the booth, it just depends how crowded it is when you get there.

Ok I have to ask...what is green Friday?

Last year on "Black Friday" they called it Green Friday and opened up a few more spots for the 1/2 for people to register.

Thanks! I will order them and plan on picking them up at the Expo.

I think I am on overload for the first day already. Flying in on the 17th, headed to the hotel to check in, then the Expo. Back to the hotel to drop things off and then headed to the Park. In the Park, I have to get my DD a DAS card, and exchange the PhotoPass + voucher. I am more worried about the logistics of this than I am the 1/2 :)

I'm going to post this on both threads, so sorry for the repeat...

I'm sooooo curious as to how it works for spectators. Is the ChEar squad "worth it" and is that the only way to get into the park to watch? What is "grand stand" viewing with the squad packages? Is it hard for family to see the finish (or close)? I want to see my son somewhere along the way!

I got three. One in my name, the others as Peter and Makayla :)

TIA

We had no problem picking up the tickets at the expo. but don't forget to pick them up like we did. We had done everything and were heading back to the hotel when we remembered we had to get the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter