Timeshare Question

tankgirl427

DIS Veteran
I have a friend with a RCI timeshare, we are looking to trade it in for a place by Disney. We set up an ongoing search back in January. Do you think there is any chance we could get a DVC for October? We need a place that can sleep 5 people. Thanks!

I have a friend with a RCI timeshare, we are looking to trade it in for a place by Disney. We set up an ongoing search back in January. Do you think there is any chance we could get a DVC for October? We need a place that can sleep 5 people. Thanks!
I would look over on tugbbs.com for help on this. I read in the wyndham thread where DVC units have been spotted for trading various point amounts.

I think most of the DVC weeks have already gone into RCI through December, so that may mean your friend doesn't have the necessary trade power. Most (if not all) of the 2br units are gone by now.

If they are in RCI weeks, do you know how many TPU their week is worth? It will take at least 25 to grab a DVC week.

There are many, many nice RCI resorts in the immediate area if they can't get DVC. Don't wait too long to expand your search to include some of them. The Food & Wine Festival makes October busy, particularly the Columbus Day week.

Sheila

In my experience, as soon as a DVC is posted in RCI, it's spoken for. Especially if it's trade in weeks, not extra weeks. Within an hour or two, 4 availabilities were spoken for the same day that I found ours. Your friend can do an ongoing search. It's under "My Account" in the RCI page. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter