Time to DOUBLE up!! 2 for 1 Pre-TR!!!!!!! TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!!!!!!!

Tim, have to be honest with you--we didn't care for WCC at all. My DH got sick on the food and the service was awful. I understand Boma is better for breakfast than dinner if you are worried about too many different flavors/spices. We love Cape May Cafe--both for breakfast and we enjoyed dinner too!

It seems there are a lot of people that either love or hate WCC. I've also read that the service is hit or miss.:confused3 Maybe we will try Cape May (B), that would be one character meal we haven't done yet! LOL :lmao:

Okay, here's just my opinions: Whispering Canyon is such a fun restaurant. I think Juliana would get a kick out of it! Cape May Cafe does have good food. I think there's characters there for breakfast! Same with Donald's Safari Breakfast. I don't know if she'd like Boma, but I may be wrong. I also, I can't remember if there's a kids buffet there or not. The Coral Reef would be fun. She'd love sitting next to the tank and looking at the fish/scuba divers. The Hoop-Dee-Doo is a good show with good food. If Juliana likes entertainment, she'll have a great time. I think this one takes 2 TS's.

I don't know if I'd want to use 2TS's on a meal????? Although when we are there we won't be eating at Disney on Saturday or Sunday because we will be spending time with Melody's family. So we will have 4 days to use the 5TS and 5CS.

All updated wow did I miss alot. Where did my time go :confused3? LOL well anyways great time to go Food and Wine Festival can't go wrong with free samples I can't recommend any restaurants I have only tried Tony's, 50's prime time, Tuskers for lunch and Nine Tails which were all good :thumbsup2.

I was thinking about maybe trying 50's PT for lunch... but it seems when we are in DHS we are always 'running' around. Don't know if we would want to have a TS for lunch and dinner:confused3

Whispering Canyon is a MUST DO. You'll all LOVE IT!
Boma was amazing - awesome. They have kid fare there as well.
Coral Reef was good. My hubby isn't a fan of eating fish so I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would have otherwise (because I'm stressing he is not going to enjoy his meal).

Did your husband end up eating fish at Coral Reef or did he have a steak or pork chops? At Boma is the kids menu 'normal' because when I was checking out the menu it seemed there wasn't the normal kids mac & cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, etc....?

Did your husband end up eating fish at Coral Reef or did he have a steak or pork chops? At Boma is the kids menu 'normal' because when I was checking out the menu it seemed there wasn't the normal kids mac & cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, etc....?

Arnie had steak - but he doesn't eat mushrooms so he had it plain so it was "boring" and "had no flavor" :lol

Boma's - ok ... we didn't bring the kid's to that meal Iused kid's club for our anniversary) so I'm not 100% of the kid's menu now that I think about it. I know they had plain pasta on the buffet. Arnie is REALLY picky and yet he LOVED it.

LOVED Hoop Dee Doo. I bet Juliana would love it. Claire is mesmorized the whole time. She doesn't eat alot there, but some. Last year she ate alomost a whole bucket of salad herself. This year she's decided she doesn't like salad.

But we got her to eat a little during the breaks.

I really liked Whispering Canyon, but if you get the skillet the food is almost the same as at HDDR. But they have awesome milkshales. LOL! And it was fun.
And as you know, we enjoyed Cape May as well.

I'm a little late, but checking in for the pre-TR. :) popcorn::

We are also going for FD and staying at POP, but we are leaving 2 days before you arrive.

LOVED Hoop Dee Doo. I bet Juliana would love it. Claire is mesmorized the whole time. She doesn't eat alot there, but some. Last year she ate alomost a whole bucket of salad herself. This year she's decided she doesn't like salad.

But we got her to eat a little during the breaks.

I really liked Whispering Canyon, but if you get the skillet the food is almost the same as at HDDR. But they have awesome milkshales. LOL! And it was fun.
And as you know, we enjoyed Cape May as well.

I just went back and re-read the Hoop-Dee-Doo part of your TR(page 31-32 if anyone else wanted to check it out!LOL) I think Juliana would have a good time and probably love the entertainment but the menu:confused3 Do you know if you can order anything else for kids besides the family style items?

Maybe try youtubing the Hoop-Dee-Doo show and see if it'd be worth the 2 TS for you??

I will check it out later:thumbsup2 I never think to search for this type of stuff on youtube. I'm always looking for 'stupid' stuff on there!!LOL

I'm a little late, but checking in for the pre-TR. :) popcorn::

We are also going for FD and staying at POP, but we are leaving 2 days before you arrive.

DW and I were checking out pictures from POP (i think jenseib started it!!!!) this morning and DW was loving all the pictures. Too bad we weren't going a few days earlier, I've never met s DISer before!!! Thanks for checking out my PTR!! Do you have a PTR started???

Arnie had steak - but he doesn't eat mushrooms so he had it plain so it was "boring" and "had no flavor" :lol

Boma's - ok ... we didn't bring the kid's to that meal Iused kid's club for our anniversary) so I'm not 100% of the kid's menu now that I think about it. I know they had plain pasta on the buffet. Arnie is REALLY picky and yet he LOVED it.

I don't love mushrooms either but I just push them to the side. I like mushroom dishes like chicken marcella, i just don't eat the shrooms. The mushroom filet at Le Cellier was the bomb... i couldn't imagine it with out the sauce.:goodvibes

We really liked Cape May! The resort is beautiful and I think what I like the most about this breakfast was taking the boat to the boardwalk and walking around the grounds at the resort. It made for a nice morning! The food and characters were really good too.

Boma was awesome- the resort again was so nice to look around. It felt like we were dining someplace really nice and yet having little ones with us didn't feel out of place at all! - If you do eat here, remember to ask the chef to make you his fried oreos. I have a pic of them on my PTR. They were yummy and something he only does once in awhile...so we were lucky!
We are going back on this trip- and they have a campfire at night, with story and I think we may check it out after dinner or they have some night vision thing?? at the safari which would be cool too!

DW and I were checking out pictures from POP (i think jenseib started it!!!!) this morning and DW was loving all the pictures. Too bad we weren't going a few days earlier, I've never met s DISer before!!! Thanks for checking out my PTR!! Do you have a PTR started???

This will be our first time at POP, too, and I am addicted to the POP picture thread! I get pumped for the trip every time I look at it! :banana: I know, I wish our dates overlapped. I've never met a DISer, either. I would have loved to have met your little Juliana! She is such a doll!

I just started my Pre-TR today, so there's not much in it yet. But please come check it out! :goodvibes I'll be updating regularly. The link is in my sig.

Yes you can order other food. I'm not sure how you do it, but ask when you make the ADR. Or post that question on the restaurant board. But I have heard of lots of people getting things like mac and cheese or hotdogs for there kids, but it is better for them to know ahead of time. But I think if worse comes to worse you can ask then too. They go over to the trails end restaurant and get it.

Yes I started that Pop thread after our first stay 2 years ago. People were always asking for pictures and I had a hard time finding many before the trip and now there are a zillion of them. I love it! It really took off. :banana:

We really liked Cape May! The resort is beautiful and I think what I like the most about this breakfast was taking the boat to the boardwalk and walking around the grounds at the resort. It made for a nice morning! The food and characters were really good too.

Boma was awesome- the resort again was so nice to look around. It felt like we were dining someplace really nice and yet having little ones with us didn't feel out of place at all! - If you do eat here, remember to ask the chef to make you his fried oreos. I have a pic of them on my PTR. They were yummy and something he only does once in awhile...so we were lucky!
We are going back on this trip- and they have a campfire at night, with story and I think we may check it out after dinner or they have some night vision thing?? at the safari which would be cool too!

We saw the storytelling when we we were there in March. We were just passing by though. I didn't know about the fried oreos.... this will be going in my notes. THANKS!!!!:goodvibes

This will be our first time at POP, too, and I am addicted to the POP picture thread! I get pumped for the trip every time I look at it! :banana: I know, I wish our dates overlapped. I've never met a DISer, either. I would have loved to have met your little Juliana! She is such a doll!

I just started my Pre-TR today, so there's not much in it yet. But please come check it out! :goodvibes I'll be updating regularly. The link is in my sig.

I posted on your PTR. I'm following about 20 PTR & TR's. My list is growing every day! I was a little bummed about staying at POP, but after seeing the pictures in the POP thread, I think Juliana (and us) will have fun there.:goodvibes

Yes you can order other food. I'm not sure how you do it, but ask when you make the ADR. Or post that question on the restaurant board. But I have heard of lots of people getting things like mac and cheese or hotdogs for there kids, but it is better for them to know ahead of time. But I think if worse comes to worse you can ask then too. They go over to the trails end restaurant and get it.

Yes I started that Pop thread after our first stay 2 years ago. People were always asking for pictures and I had a hard time finding many before the trip and now there are a zillion of them. I love it! It really took off. :banana:

That's good to know about ordering food at HDD. I'll do a few searches over on the restaurants board and see what I can find out..... That POP thread is loooong, I'll have to limit myself to 10 pages a day! LOL

LOL. You sound just like my B/F. Let me know what you find/think of HDDR!

I watched a few short clips with Juliana. She kept asking me what they were saying.LOL It looks fun! Hummmmm It might be between HHD and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.:confused3 I still have 3 months to figure this out:)

I watched a few short clips with Juliana. She kept asking me what they were saying.LOL It looks fun! Hummmmm It might be between HHD and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.:confused3 I still have 3 months to figure this out:)

Better make sure you find out what they serve at each thing...they might be a lot alike!

Last night a couple friends and I went to the NEW Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees play the A's. Going to the old stadium since I was a kid, it was weird walking into this stadium. Seeing it in person was awesome. It is huge! The field looks like the old field, but every thing else is totally different. The seats were comfortable, the food was good, and the atmosphere was electric! The video board in center field was the biggest TV I ever saw in my life.

Here is a view walking past the old stadium.

DSC05043.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

Here is the atrium.

DSC05046.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

DSC05052.jpg

Couple shots of the field.

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05049.jpg

DSC05054.jpg

DSC05055.jpg

DSC05058.jpg

DSC05069.jpg

DSC05059.jpg

My friends Bill and Mike and Me.

DSC05051.jpg

Derek Jeter

DSC05060.jpg

Andy Pettitte

DSC05063.jpg

Jeter batting.

DSC05068.jpg

Posada on first chatting with Jason Giambi.

DSC05074.jpg

Yankee store with a huge TV over it.

DSC05078.jpg

This is the view inside the Mohegan Sun Bar in center field. There is tinted glass that you look through.

DSC05080.jpg

We had a great time at the game and the Yankees won too 5-3. :yay::woohoo::banana:

Cool pics of the stadium!! I grew up in New Jersey for the summers and old Yankee Stadium was our home away from home--thanks for sharing the photos!
My sister was in the city last weekend and went to the new Shea stadium(I know its called Citi-Bank or something, but it'll always be the new Shea to us!) and also had great pictures!:goodvibes

Cool pics of the stadium!! I grew up in New Jersey for the summers and old Yankee Stadium was our home away from home--thanks for sharing the photos!
My sister was in the city last weekend and went to the new Shea stadium(I know its called Citi-Bank or something, but it'll always be the new Shea to us!) and also had great pictures!:goodvibes

The new Shea is called Citi Field. I'm going there the last week of May with a few friends who are Mets fans. I'm sure we will have a good time there too!:goodvibes

I didn't know if anyone would even care to see the pics. I really don't know if there are any baseball fans out there reading my PTR. Plus this doesn't have anything to do with Disney:confused3

:headache: Yankees (ok, just kidding) But did you expect anything less from me??
The stadium does look great- but it should since you have the most expensive ticket price in all of MLB!

What are the dates you are going back on your trips? Wayne told me tonight that after this trip we can start planning a trip for MNSSHP in 2010! So excited- now having the trip end will not be so sad for me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter