Time to ask a job related question....

Unfortunately, no pay in the summer, however for the past two summers I have worked for the township doing a camp.

With the camp, I do get paid.

Oh Cindy!! Now there are other reasons for the TA position! If you decide to go back to school, there may be some sort of tuition reimbursement. If you decide to become a teacher, you have your foot through the door with a district and you have experience!!! The TA position is looking better and better to me! :)

Thanks for all the pointers! No one said #1, I find that interesting....

I've talked to others and this seems like the best fit

Doesn't #1 offer free college tuition, though?

Well, it did IF I worked 30 hours a week, I would get free tuition.

They said, per the dean, that I would only get 25 hours a week (due to budget, so they say). First they said I would get 30, then they brought it down to 25.

(I know most companies do this so they can get out of paying benefits... I'm a little PO'd about that, since I was "counting" on the tuition)

My friend is an educator, and gave me some scenes from the other side.

Based on my own personal experiences, I’d go with the teacher’s aide job.

Granted, there is probably more of a future for you at the university, but putting together child care for holidays and the summer is SUCH a hassle—not to mention very expensive. I’m still reeling over the cost of child care for the summer.

#2 sounds best to me as well, because while the child care expense is there, next year when DD is in scholol, that won't be as much of an issue, and the rest of the times you'll be on the same schedule with your kids.

I think choice #2 is the best. Good luck whatever you decide Cindy!

I say #2... sounds like a better job there.

I'd also choose #2. Don't you commute a pretty good distance for your job now? The cost of mileage would also factor into the pay.

6th graders are a challenge, but it's a fun one. You'll be their best friend one day and mortal enemy the next (especially with the girls). As long as you're the type who can brush off the days when you're given the brush-off, you'll have a blast.

Kermit.. well the mileage is less. The middle school is in the town that I live in, and my job at the college is one town over. There is constant construction so a 4 mile drive now can take over 30 minutes in a bad day!

Another vote for #2. Let us know what you decide.

BTW, I left a job and became a part-time teacher. I LOVED having most (I taught summer session) of the summer off with the kids.

It sounds like a great opportunity. Plus, since you want to teach and will be in a school already.......You know what they say, not what you know, but WHO!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts