Time spent on Queen Mary

ChanaC

DIS Veteran
We’re looking at visiting the Queen Mary and are interested to know how long people seem to spend on it? I’m looking forward to the standard history tour, and I think we’ll enjoy walking around and just talking in the sites of Long Beach on it. We may try to do another museum or attraction on this day but we’re not sure how much time to budget to this.

And off this question, has anyone eaten lunch on board? The menu seems okay but with nothing too exciting and the Yelp reviews are pretty moderate. I’m wondering if we are there in the morning if we should try to eat there or go off site. Is there anything in walking distance?

Update/rant: Guess which weekend we were planning on visiting…

Attachments

• IMG_1516.png
    IMG_1516.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
It’s too bad that weekend is closed. It seems like there’s a music festival then. Not sure if that means you’re scrapping your plans but I’ll chime in anyways.

I went to visit back in December on one if the discounted Tuesdays. I took the engine room tour. I’d say I spent a few hours there. The tour was an hour and then I probably spent another hour or two exploring the rest of the ship. I’d say half day.

I’m not a huge sign reader, so I probably moved faster than one could, and I didn’t get a chance to see the special exhibit towards the engine room area.

Never bought lunch there but have had wedding food there. Nothing memorable. I did see they occasionally have a Sunday buffet that looks pretty good. But there’s nothing walking distance nearby. The Long Beach water taxis might be running by then.

Thanks! We can possibly do Monday, but was hoping to do it on a weekend to avoid traffic (I'm technically a local in Burbank looking for things to do with some out of state visitors). Looks like on that Monday the first tour isn't until 11:15. We're looking at the Glory Days tour which seems to be the most "general" tour. I think we'll probably get there, walk around, and head back to Burbank in time for dinner. It looks like two cruise ships might be in the Port of Los Angeles so maybe we can even watch them sail away.

You only need two to three hours on board...SEaport VIllage has tONS of shops and restaurants right there!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter