Tiffins Question

happypaws

Mouseketeer
So this September I am planning a last minute planning trip to Disney without any ADRs and I vaguely remember that at many of the restaurants you can eat at the bar/lounge (California grill, etc). I know Tiffins has a lounge, but couldn't remember if the menu was the same or different? Can you order an entree from the restaurant menu in the lounge? We are just two adults going and looking forward to the sustainable fish we had the last time. Tiffins ADR might be an exception if we can't order from the lounge.
Thanks for the help!

So this September I am planning a last minute planning trip to Disney without any ADRs and I vaguely remember that at many of the restaurants you can eat at the bar/lounge (California grill, etc). I know Tiffins has a lounge, but couldn't remember if the menu was the same or different? Can you order an entree from the restaurant menu in the lounge? We are just two adults going and looking forward to the sustainable fish we had the last time. Tiffins ADR might be an exception if we can't order from the lounge.
Thanks for the help!

The lounge next door is Nomad Lounge: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/nomad-lounge/

The menu has a few influences of the Tiffins menu, but as far as I know you can’t actually order any of the real Tiffins menu items there (note, I have never asked).

FWIW, I like both menus and would happily eat at either depending on the time of day, circumstances, etc. Nomad Lounge is really more small plate style, but you can put together a decent meal there, in my opinion.

Nomad Lounge might be one of my favorite places on property and a big reason that AK and AKL have been elevated in my choices lately. I agree with @GADisneyDad14 that you can put together a decent meal there. The drinks are really great, too! I'd like to know if you can order from the Tiffins menu, too, so I'm following!

I want to say (and I could be wrong) that you can order off the tiffins menu at nomad lounge, but not the other way around.

I was at Nomad a couple weeks ago and the menu offered was light bites. I didn't ask for the Tiffin's menu, so can't answer for sure that you can order from it but will say that most of the seating options are not conducive to eating a fully plated meal, except for possibly the one central communal table.

When my wife and I were down on our last trip, we sat in Nomad Lounge waiting for our table at Tiffins. We did notice a couple sitting at the bar that had ordered food from the menu of Tiffins.

was at Nomad a couple weeks ago and the menu offered was light bites. I didn't ask for the Tiffin's menu, so can't answer for sure that you can order from it but will say that most of the seating options are not conducive to eating a fully plated meal, except for possibly the one central communal table.

I agree with the seating options, as much of the furniture is comfortable family room style, all tables are low, I think. We sat at the bar, on the corner, so it wasn't a problem for us.

We make it a point to visit Nomad Lounge every trip. The outdoor seating is the best, such a relaxing oasis. In addition to the Lounge menu, you can also order any of the appetizers or enhancements off the Tiffins menu, just not the main dishes. The fried cauliflower from the Tiffins menu is amazing! Enjoy!

Nomad Lounge might be one of my favorite places on property and a big reason that AK and AKL have been elevated in my choices lately. I agree with @GADisneyDad14 that you can put together a decent meal there. The drinks are really great, too! I'd like to know if you can order from the Tiffins menu, too, so I'm following!

As of the last time we were there, you could order appetizers/sides off the Tiffins menu, but not entrees.

We've got to stop talking about how great Nomad is! We don't need the crowds there.... :)

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback! Might chance it and just try the lounge, sounds like it will be good either way 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter