I have a similar situation with Covid extended tickets where I want to add a park hoppers and the park reservations are full (May 22). When I called the general ticket number she couldn’t make changes, and she set up a call back for me from Ticket Services (different from her department somehow?). Unfortunately I missed the callback.
Robo, are you saying it won’t be a problem to upgrade in person?
As much as anyone on this board can "say," (which is based mostly on the experiences of many Dis members and CMs) you should have no trouble upgrading to Hopper while at WDW.

As much as anyone on this board can "say," (which is based mostly on the experiences of many Dis members and CMs) you should have no trouble upgrading to Hopper while at WDW.
Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better! I’ll report back how it goes for me.

I have a similar situation with Covid extended tickets where I want to add a park hoppers and the park reservations are full (May 22). When I called the general ticket number she couldn’t make changes, and she set up a call back for me from Ticket Services (different from her department somehow?). Unfortunately I missed the callback.
Sooo, last friday when they announced the no mask outdoors policy and that capacity would be increased in the parks, on a whim, I tried to upgrade our tickets through MDE website even though just two days prior I could not, called ticketing and could not and was told just do it at arrival on WDW (which prompted my reply here)..... AND LO and BEHOLD, the "system" allowed me to upgrade.

This is what I deduced, is they made the announcement and simutaneously upgraded capacity but didn't come out and say what date they were upgrading capacity. We are going 6/1 - 6/11. SHEER LUCK on our part....

Wouldn't hurt to give a try again on MDE if not just do it when you arrive.

I've flown to WDW dozens of times over the years from back home in MA, but my boyfriend and I now live in FL and my family is coming down in July to go to WDW. I saw minors don't have to show ID and I therefore purchased a FL resident ticket for my little brother (17 y/o). Will we run into any issues with this? Will he still have to show his ID for his name while picking up tickets (his driver's license is in MA)? My partner or myself *will* be with him when we get our tickets, as we are all going together. Trying not to break any rules here. Thanks!

I've flown to WDW dozens of times over the years from back home in MA, but my boyfriend and I now live in FL and my family is coming down in July to go to WDW. I saw minors don't have to show ID and I therefore purchased a FL resident ticket for my little brother (17 y/o). Will we run into any issues with this?
1. Will he still have to show his ID for his name while picking up tickets (his driver's license is in MA)?
2. My partner or myself *will* be with him when we get our tickets, as we are all going together...
1. Guests under 18 years do not need to show ID.
2. It could be helpful if at least one of you would be with him
when he actually enters his first park with his new ticket.

Can you upgrade UT tickets prior to arrival? I’m on the fence on 4 or 5 day hoppers. If I buy 4 days can I add the 5th day behold I arrive?

Forgive me if this has been asked 10,000 times before and if my questions are confusing. I'm just returning back to Dis life after a 15 month hiatus.

We had AP's that expired in early March 2020 and received the standard Covid grace period extension (the extension pushed the expiration date to September 2020). I heard that Disney isn't selling new AP's but is renewing AP's canceled after the Covid closure on a case by case basis. Are they still doing this?

I purchased 5 day single park tickets for our June trip. Have there been reported cases of people able to bridge single park tickets to the cost of renewing AP's *if* the renewal is approved? I don't even know if this is possible and if we should ask before/while we're there. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Forgive me if this has been asked 10,000 times before and if my questions are confusing. I'm just returning back to Dis life after a 15 month hiatus.

We had AP's that expired in early March 2020 and received the standard Covid grace period extension (the extension pushed the expiration date to September 2020). I heard that Disney isn't selling new AP's but is renewing AP's canceled after the Covid closure on a case by case basis. Are they still doing this?

I purchased 5 day single park tickets for our June trip. Have there been reported cases of people able to bridge single park tickets to the cost of renewing AP's *if* the renewal is approved? I don't even know if this is possible and if we should ask before/while we're there. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Yes we did exactly that. Start by calling the standard AP line and explain your situation. The will schedule a call back from the AP recovery team.

1. So if they go unused I can upgrade them to an 8 day ticket next year snd pay the difference?
2. And I can do this well before I arrive to WDW?
1. You can.
You will very likely need help from Disney via a phone call.

--- But, your unused tickets might expire before your next trip.
Note that ALL tickets sold have an ultimate expiration date, even if they are not used.
But, don't worry. If they DO expire, you can still use their original "Disney value" toward the purchase of NEW tickets (of any length) from Disney for use on your future trip.
Copy the ticket numbers and keep those numbers in a file on your computer.
(Expired tickets will dissappear off of your MDX account [you won't be able to see them-but Disney can,] so keep their numbers safe for your future reference.)
2. Yes. But, you will very likely need help from Disney via a phone call.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how this works now with the parks reservations system.

I have a 3 day hopper ticket and a 4 day hopper ticket on my profile in MDE. The 3 day hopper ticket is for a trip in August and the 4 day hopper is for a September trip. In the past when this would happen, I would move one of the tickets to a "fake" profile to make sure the correct one was being used for the first visit. But now that it is a requirement to make park reservations, can I keep both tickets on my profile and when I scan my magic band at the gate it will only use the ticket that has the reservation on it for that day?

Trying to figure out how this works now with the parks reservations system.

I have a 3 day hopper ticket and a 4 day hopper ticket on my profile in MDE. The 3 day hopper ticket is for a trip in August and the 4 day hopper is for a September trip. In the past when this would happen, I would move one of the tickets to a "fake" profile to make sure the correct one was being used for the first visit. But now that it is a requirement to make park reservations, can I keep both tickets on my profile and when I scan my magic band at the gate it will only use the ticket that has the reservation on it for that day?
In the case of “dated” tickets, only the ticket that is valid for the date(s) that you enter will be used at the gates.

In the case of “dated” tickets, only the ticket that is valid for the date(s) that you enter will be used at the gates.

Thanks. So the 3 day hopper with the reservations for the August dates will automatically be used when I go in August, as opposed to the system trying to use the 4 day hopper with the September reservations.

Thanks. So the 3 day hopper with the reservations for the August dates will automatically be used when I go in August, as opposed to the system trying to use the 4 day hopper with the September reservations.
If you bought tickets specifically for dates in September, those tickets will not be valid in August.
The only dated tickets that can be used in Aug. are tickets that are dated for the Aug. date(s) you are entering the park

Last edited:
I have a 4 day PH ticket bought through UT pre-pandemic (for trip in April 2020). It's a hard ticket that I never attached to MDE. I would like to apply the ticket to a 6 day PH ticket. Can I call the Disney ticketing for them to do this for me or do I contact UT? Or should I apply to MDE and upgrade online? Recommendations??

I have a 4 day PH ticket bought through UT pre-pandemic (for trip in April 2020). It's a hard ticket that I never attached to MDE. I would like to apply the ticket to a 6 day PH ticket. Can I call the Disney ticketing for them to do this for me or do I contact UT? Or should I apply to MDE and upgrade online? Recommendations??
I have one that I purchased through UT for May 2020. I had already linked it to MDE. I ended up calling UT but they said I had to call Disney to upgrade it to use for our May 2022 trip. I wasn't able to do anything online with it without calling but that's just my experience.

Now I have a couple questions: I recently found out we'll have an opportunity to go in April 2022 in addition to May 2022 so I'm considering getting an annual pass (once they are available). I already have my May 2022 tickets in MDE and my park passes reserved. Trying to figure out the best way to go about reserving park passes for the April trip if I want to wait to buy an AP...After reading the sticky, I think I have two options:
1) Wait until next April, go to guest services and upgrade my May 2022 to an AP instead. This of course means not being able to make park reservations until we arrive (but maybe that won't be an issue, by then?) but buying regular tix for my husband for April so he'll have park reservations once I get those tix.
2) Buy an AP whenever it becomes available and transfer the May 2022 tix to my husband so he can use them for our April 2022 trip. Once an AP is purchased or an AP voucher, will that enable me to make park reservations without "activating" the AP?
Seems like option 2 is best but I know there's a lot of "what-ifs" and I'm not sure I'm understanding everything fully.

I ended up calling Disney again, and I chose the option for expired tickets (even though the tickets weren’t technically expired.) The man I spoke with was very helpful and upgraded all 8 of my tickets over the phone. It took a loooong time, but I didn’t want to continue fretting over it until I actually got to the park.

Now I have a couple questions: I recently found out we'll have an opportunity to go in April 2022 in addition to May 2022 so I'm considering getting an annual pass (once they are available). I already have my May 2022 tickets in MDE and my park passes reserved. Trying to figure out the best way to go about reserving park passes for the April trip if I want to wait to buy an AP...After reading the sticky, I think I have two options:
1) Wait until next April, go to guest services and upgrade my May 2022 to an AP instead. This of course means not being able to make park reservations until we arrive (but maybe that won't be an issue, by then?) but buying regular tix for my husband for April so he'll have park reservations once I get those tix.
2) a. Buy an AP whenever it becomes available and transfer the May 2022 tix to my husband so he can use them for our April 2022 trip.
b. Once an AP is purchased or an AP voucher, will that enable me to make park reservations without "activating" the AP?
c. Seems like option 2 is best but I know there's a lot of "what-ifs" and I'm not sure I'm understanding everything fully.
If you choose "2."
a. That can work if it suits your plans.
b. Yes.
c. We can't know exactly what MIGHT change, but currently what you outline in "2" should work,
assuming that APs will become available within your timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter