Just so you know, those tickets for those dates direct from Disney are $2035.80, and good 3/10-3/23 when I just looked this up. This means you are saving about 6.7% by using Boardwalk Ticketing. Consider if there is someplace you could save more than 6.7% on Disney Gift cards and buy direct from Disney. Then you don't have to worry about finding a CM who can properly bridge your boardwalk ticketing tickets to gate price. Used 3 hours on a 3 day trip once, and only once. Now I'm buying directly from Disney with Gift Cards I got at 20% off.

Any suggestions on who has gift cards for 20% off?

Any suggestions on who has gift cards for 20% off?
There's a thread on gift card deals https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/ You might want to skip to the last 20 or so pages.

I get 20% off by buying gift cards at Kroger with 4x fuel points (which is 14% off if you get all 35 gallons; I do) with an Amex Blue Cash Preferred card (6% cash back at grocery stores). If I am running short on fuel points, I will buy the $100 visa gift cards to buy the Disney gift cards with, which gives another ~7%, even after the 5.95 fee.

How difficult is it to add a day to your tickets after you buy them? If you buy multiple days, I know the difference between adding an extra day is less for each day you add. But is that only at the time you buy the tickets? Right now, it’s showing $140/day for a 2 day ticket and $130/day for a 3 day. If I buy the 2 day now and add the 3rd day later, is day 3 at full price, or will they reduce the price to make it a 3 day ticket?

How difficult is it to add a day to your tickets after you buy them? If you buy multiple days, I know the difference between adding an extra day is less for each day you add. But is that only at the time you buy the tickets? Right now, it’s showing $140/day for a 2 day ticket and $130/day for a 3 day. If I buy the 2 day now and add the 3rd day later, is day 3 at full price, or will they reduce the price to make it a 3 day ticket?

The cost to upgrade will be the DIFFERENCE between the cost of the ticket that you HAVE subtracted from the cost of the ticket that you WANT.
Do not use the "cost per day" as the basis to computing an upgrade cost.

The way to determine costs for upgrading is found in Post #6 near the top of the thread on which we are now posting.

Can you confirm that I can upgrade my UK 14 Day Park Hopper, bought as a package via Disney's own travel site to an Annual Pass and, if so, can I do it before I use it or do I need to use it once before I can do it? I ask because I did email Disney about it and the reply did not even begin to answer my question, there was no mention of annual Passes at all from her. I plan to have three trips within the next 12 months, so an AP makes sense.

1. Can you confirm that I can upgrade my UK 14 Day Park Hopper, bought as a package via Disney's own travel site to an Annual Pass and, if so,
2. can I do it before I use it or do I need to use it once before I can do it?
3. I plan to have three trips within the next 12 months, so an AP makes sense.
1. UK tickets can be upgraded to Annual Passes, based on the current exchange rates.
2. No need to use a ticket once, or more, before upgrading. That doesn't affect the ability to upgrade, or the price.
3. Then an AP would be a good choice.

Thanks Robo. I have been an AP holder in the past, but, had to let it slip last year as I didn't do any trips from when it ran out in June to next month. The reply from the CM was useless.

This has probably been answered here already but I'm having trouble finding it. We currently have a resort reservation with MYW tickets. One of us want's to change to an AP. We are also looking at DAH (if available) and H2O Glow Party which offer an AP discount. Does MDE recognise the AP for the discount straight away or do we have to wait until we arrive and activate the pass before we can use it to obtain the discount?

This has probably been answered here already but I'm having trouble finding it.
1. We currently have a resort reservation with MYW tickets.
2. One of us want's to change to an AP. We are also looking at DAH (if available) and H2O Glow Party which offer an AP discount.
3. Does MDE recognise the AP for the discount straight away or do we have to wait until we arrive and activate the pass before we can use it to obtain the discount?
1. On what date did you make your resort reservation?
2. If you a have "room and tickets" (Package) reservation, then ALL of those registered to that reservation must have the
same kind of ticket right up until check-in date. So one person cannot upgrade to AP if the rest of your party has standard tickets.
But, after arrival, anyone in the party can choose to upgrade (or not) to any other kind of ticket or AP.
3. Looking at #2 above (assuming that it applies) then nobody will have an AP certificate before check-in date.

1. On what date did you make your resort reservation?
2. If you a have "room and tickets" (Package) reservation, then ALL of those registered to that reservation must have the
same kind of ticket right up until check-in date. So one person cannot upgrade to AP if the rest of your party has standard tickets.
But, after arrival, anyone in the party can choose to upgrade (or not) to any other kind of ticket or AP.
3. Looking at #2 above (assuming that it applies) then nobody will have an AP certificate before check-in date.

1. The original booking was made 8 March, 2018. It was then changed to it's current dates on 21 October 2018.
2. We have a room booked and tickets booked. I'm not sure if it's a package. Can't find anything on MDE that indicates this. Unless all bookings that have both are automatically packages.
3. Is there any benefit to it being a package? Can I book them separately? We do have a travel agent.

I need the AP discount to book the DAH if dates are released. I'd be disappointed if it sold out while we were waiting to arrive there to upgrade the AP and then purchase tickets.

1. The original booking was made 8 March, 2018. It was then changed to it's current dates on 21 October 2018.
2. We have a room booked and tickets booked. I'm not sure if it's a package. Can't find anything on MDE that indicates this.
A. Unless all bookings that have both are automatically packages.
B. Is there any benefit to it being a package?
C. Can I book them separately? We do have a travel agent.
D. I need the AP discount to book the DAH if dates are released. I'd be disappointed if it sold out while we were waiting to arrive there to upgrade the AP and then purchase tickets.
A. If the tickets were bought as part of the resort stay, that's what makes it a "package."
(Ask the TA if the tickets WERE, in fact, bought as PART of the resort stay.)
B. At the time you originally booked, no.
However, NOW... that's become a tricky thing, BECAUSE since you booked, they have changed the KIND of tickets that they sell.
C. Yes, you CAN, however, if you do than now, you will have to cancel the tickets that you have booked.
If you DO that, you must then buy new, CURRENT tickets. That means a new higher price, and new "ticket rules."
D. Think carefully if getting the AP discount would offset the new higher ticket prices if you cancel your current tickets.

We purchased and are planning to use park hoppers, but have one ticket left from last year (we went to guest relations when we realized we weren't going to be able to use it). Does the system automatically know which ticket to pull from, the park hopper vs the one park pass?

Does the system automatically know which ticket to pull from, the park hopper vs the one park pass?
Nope.
The system would have no way of "knowing" unless YOU specify.

To choose which ticket you DO want to use next:

Before heading to a park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have the CM set the ticket that you want to use NEXT to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE file.
That ticket will be used until it is used up... or until you have another ticket's priority set higher.

Can a ticket purchased with a flexible date option be "upgraded" at guest services to a ticket without?

Example, we think we might go at Easter, high season, so purchase 5 day tickets starting Apr 23 with flexible date option (cost $489.90, $480.85 plus $9.05 flexible date fee). Decide time frame doesn't work so change trip to September, low season, where 5 day date based tickets without the flex option cost $419.35 and 5 day date based tickets with park hopper are $499.22

1. Can we "upgrade" our 5 day flex tickets to 5 day tickets with park hoppers without flex option paying $499.22 - $489.90
2. Assuming yes, is the $9.05 paid for flexible date considered a fee rather than part of the ticket price ie. would i pay $499.22 - $480.85 or $499.22 -$489.90

I've spent hours going through the two current ticket threads so I apologize if I've missed this.

Hi, Can tickets be upgraded more than once? I need to add a day and hopper to my husbands ticket now so that I can add another day of fastpasses. We leave next week. I was planning to upgrade to an AP when we are there. MDE is allowing me to upgrade the extra day and hopper, but will I still be able to upgrade to an AP when we are there? Thanks!!

1. Can tickets be upgraded more than once?
I need to add a day and hopper to my husbands ticket now so that I can add another day of fastpasses. We leave next week.
2. I was planning to upgrade to an AP when we are there. MDE is allowing me to upgrade the extra day and hopper,
3. but will I still be able to upgrade to an AP when we are there?
1. Yes.
2. OK.
3. Yes.

Sorry, this is more of a magic band then ticket question, but it involves both. I'm going with friends in June, they have access to Military tickets, the father is a retires Air Force colonel. But we will be there for 6 full days. THe military tickets are 5 days, some in the party want to add a day, which can't be done, but it is still cheaper to use the military tickets and a one day base ticket, than to buy a 6 day base ticket. My question is, is there a way to tell the system which ticket to use on which days, as the military tickets are hoppers, and of course the base ticket is not? Thanks!

Sorry, this is more of a magic band then ticket question, but it involves both. I'm going with friends in June, they have access to Military tickets, the father is a retires Air Force colonel. But we will be there for 6 full days. THe military tickets are 5 days, some in the party want to add a day, which can't be done, but it is still cheaper to use the military tickets and a one day base ticket, than to buy a 6 day base ticket. My question is, is there a way to tell the system which ticket to use on which days, as the military tickets are hoppers, and of course the base ticket is not? Thanks!

This is actually a "MyDisneyExperience" question as opposed to a "MagicBand" question.
MagicBands and tickets are both connected to a MyDisneyExperience account.
(It is the MDX account that controls/determines most operations like these.)

Guests with multiple tickets in MDX cannot, themselves, control which tickets will be used.
To choose which ticket you DO want to use next:

Before heading to a park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have the CM set the ticket that you want to use NEXT to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE file. That ticket will be used until it is used up... or until you have another ticket's priority set higher.

Looking for clarification on picking up tickets and AP's. Myself, hubby and Daughter have purchased APs and understand we need to go to guest relations to pick them up. We also have friends that are linked in our group. They are not staying on site, they have 2day tickets and also myself and friend have MK AHM tickets. Wondering if we all need to be at guest relations when picking up the tickets or if just hubby daughter and myself since we have to show ID for our APs. Can I get the tickets for my friends since they are linked to me and actually come to think of it I paid for them with my CC. ??? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!