I read the information in the post about it, and saw something about upgrading to an annual pass.
1. Is this a way to save money?
2. Or is it best to just purchase the annual pass from Disney right off the bat?
1. It can be.
"Saving money" is the reason guests buy any kind of ticket from an authorized Disney ticket discounter.
Upgrading to an AP from one of those tickets allows AP guests to "keep the discount" that they got when they bought the original discounted ticket.

2. You certainly can buy an AP at full price, if you like.

1. It can be.s
"Saving money" is the reason guests buy any kind of ticket from an authorized Disney ticket discounter.
Upgrading to an AP from one of those tickets allows AP guests to "keep the discount" that they got when they bought the original discounted ticket.

2. You certainly can buy an AP at full price, if you like.

Thank you again! I will look into UT and see how much the savings would be. You are the best, Robo!!

One more question, if I may. I will be purchasing an annual pass for the first time. Is there a better way to do it? I read the information in the post about it, and saw something about upgrading to an annual pass. Is this a way to save money? Or is it best to just purchase the annual pass from Disney right off the bat?

Thank you!

Disney traditionally increases ticket prices in February. We don't know for sure if they will do that this year or if recent changes to ticket policies will also lead to changes in when prices go up, but if you have plans to purchase an AP, I'd just get online right now and do it through Disney's website. People have reported occasional difficulties getting full credit for their tickets recently when trying to upgrade (though it sounds like upgrading through the app has maybe been more reliable). If you get the AP now, you will have access to some perks even before you activate it (such as online booking for discounts vs. having to call, purchasing discounted event tickets at AP prices ahead of time, etc...). Just my 2 cents.

Is a renewal for TIW cheaper or the same price as a new TIW card? Not sure if I should be asking this here or on another thread.

Disney traditionally increases ticket prices in February. We don't know for sure if they will do that this year or if recent changes to ticket policies will also lead to changes in when prices go up, but if you have plans to purchase an AP, I'd just get online right now and do it through Disney's website. People have reported occasional difficulties getting full credit for their tickets recently when trying to upgrade (though it sounds like upgrading through the app has maybe been more reliable). If you get the AP now, you will have access to some perks even before you activate it (such as online booking for discounts vs. having to call, purchasing discounted event tickets at AP prices ahead of time, etc...). Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your 2 cents - lol!

Just to clarify, if I purchase the AP now, I would not have to activate it until my first visit? I do not plan to go to WDW until October this year, and then again in January - April of next year. So I would "activate" it in October, and then it would be valid until October of next year. Correct?

Thanks for your 2 cents - lol!

Just to clarify, if I purchase the AP now, I would not have to activate it until my first visit? I do not plan to go to WDW until October this year, and then again in January - April of next year. So I would "activate" it in October, and then it would be valid until October of next year. Correct?

Correct. We bought our AP vouchers or certificates (whatever they're called) last October right before the big change to ticketing took place and will activate them when we go in May. I like being able to see all the AP stuff online (like the room-only discounts and event ticket AP prices) right now instead of having to call to get the information. I also like that it's all done and we don't have to worry about it later. Anything I can do to cause less stress during my trip!

Correct. We bought our AP vouchers or certificates (whatever they're called) last October right before the big change to ticketing took place and will activate them when we go in May. I like being able to see all the AP stuff online (like the room-only discounts and event ticket AP prices) right now instead of having to call to get the information. I also like that it's all done and we don't have to worry about it later. Anything I can do to cause less stress during my trip!

Thank you! Agree about less stress, always a good idea!

Is a renewal for TIW cheaper or the same price as a new TIW card? Not sure if I should be asking this here or on another thread.
There is no longer a discount for renewing TiW. You have to purchase a new membership every year. Best to let it lapse and get it when you need it next to get the full advantage. Price is $150 for AP/DVC or $175 for Florida residents. If you call, you get a physical card like a gift card (my preference). If you get it in person its a piece of paper. If you choose to call, make sure it is about 5 weeks before you need it so you get it in time.

There is no longer a discount for renewing TiW. You have to purchase a new membership every year. Best to let it lapse and get it when you need it next to get the full advantage. Price is $150 for AP/DVC or $175 for Florida residents. If you call, you get a physical card like a gift card (my preference). If you get it in person its a piece of paper. If you choose to call, make sure it is about 5 weeks before you need it so you get it in time.
This is very helpful! Thank you! Our TIW will expire October 2nd so I will definitely let it lapse then purchase it again in time for our December trip......but only after I really work out the math. We will have free dining for 4 of those December nights and I'm going to have to figure out if we should upgrade our free dining QS plan to the DDP and get TIW or not. December trip will be the first with our granddaughter who will be only 15 months old. She's a great baby now but we'll have to wait and see how patient she will be at table service restaurants. We are planning a few character meals which will be OOP if we don't upgrade dining.

I will be going to Disney in August with my sisters who are 17 and 15. I want to get all of us annual passes. We do not have the same last name or live at the same address and will not be traveling with either parent. Will it be a problem picking up and activating their annual passes? Online it says minors must have a guardian with id that matches the address of the child, which we won't have. Thank you for any information!!

I will be going to Disney in August with my sisters who are 17 and 15. I want to get all of us annual passes. We do not have the same last name or live at the same address and will not be traveling with either parent. Will it be a problem picking up and activating their annual passes? Online it says minors must have a guardian with id that matches the address of the child, which we won't have. Thank you for any information!!

It won't be a problem.

Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly because I've never done AP before.
I'm a new DVC member with 2 upcoming trips in 2019 so it makes sense to get the discounted AP to take advantage of all the discounts offered. So, I need to purchase online, receive a certificate, then go to Guest Relations at one of the parks to activate it. Is that correct? Will I be allowed through the gates to Guest Relations with just the certificate? Also, how do a I purchase a TIW card? Can I do that online when I purchase the AP certificate?
Thank you for your help.

Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly because I've never done AP before.
I'm a new DVC member with 2 upcoming trips in 2019 so it makes sense to get the discounted AP to take advantage of all the discounts offered. So,
1. I need to purchase online, receive a certificate,
2. then go to Guest Relations at one of the parks to activate it.
3. Is that correct?
4. Will I be allowed through the gates to Guest Relations with just the certificate?
5. Also, how do a I purchase a TIW card?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Nope. But, additional Guest Relations can be found OUTSIDE the gates at all parks
(and, at Disney Springs.) No need to go inside a park before the upgrade.
5. You can buy it when you go the Guest Relations to activate your new AP.
(No need to have it before your trip.)

I don't mean to turn this into a TIW thread, but while we're on the subject I do have one question based on what you said here. If you order the card ahead of time like you suggest, does it activate when you purchase it? So if I order 5 weeks before our trip, our year will begin at that point? Also, I actually doubt I can order ahead of time since I only have a certificate right now and my AP won't be activated until we are on site. Correct?

@Robo I want to make sure I'm remembering correctly from our trip in 2015. On our first day at Disney when my son and I go to the AK, will we need to go over to guest services to verify my FL residency. If I remember correctly, the last time we went, when we touched our bands to the turnstyle and then did the finger scan, there was a problem. I mentioned I was a FL resident and she asked had I gone to guest services to verify residency yet? She said that had to be done before entering the park for that first time and then we were good for the rest of our visits. This probably still stands correct?

@Robo I want to make sure I'm remembering correctly from our trip in 2015.
1. On our first day at Disney when my son and I go to the AK, will we need to go over to guest services to verify my FL residency. If I remember correctly, the last time we went, when we touched our bands to the turnstyle and then did the finger scan, there was a problem. I mentioned I was a FL resident and she asked had I gone to guest services to verify residency yet? She said that had to be done before entering the park for that first time and then we were good for the rest of our visits.
2. This probably still stands correct?
1. Yes.
2. Yes. Anyone 18 yrs and older must have a legal photo ID.
If that is a legal FLORIDA ID (i.e. driver's license,) that'll also prove residency.
(Anyone younger than 18 is not required to produce any ID.)

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Anyone 18 yrs and older must have a legal photo ID.
If that is a legal FLORIDA ID (i.e. driver's license,) that'll also prove residency.
(Anyone younger than 18 is not required to produce any ID.)

Much appreciated! I love how you number and then answer that way! My son is 11 so it'll just be me producing the ID.

I don't mean to turn this into a TIW thread, but while we're on the subject I do have one question based on what you said here. If you order the card ahead of time like you suggest, does it activate when you purchase it? So if I order 5 weeks before our trip, our year will begin at that point? Also, I actually doubt I can order ahead of time since I only have a certificate right now and my AP won't be activated until we are on site. Correct?
It will be active, but the CM explained that they push the expiration date to the next month to cover the order/transit time. I originally called end of October and was advised to call back Nov 1st since I had an early December trip. I ordered Nov 1st and my current card expires 1/31.

I am not sure about the AP certificate. The CM was able to verify my active pass with just my e-mail address so I am not sure what the certificate would show as. Maybe just call and see?

Hello experts. Please help me understand my tickets. I bought these in Jan 2015. MDX said they're "10-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More & No Expiration Options" I have since used up 5 park days and no water park admission yet.

Am I correct that :
1. DS, now 11, can continue to use his child tix until all 10 days are used up. That I don't have to pay to upgrade to adult tix?
2. I have 5 park days left and I still have 10 water park admissions left?
3. Will I continue to have 10 water park admissions after all 10 park days are used? Must I have at least 1 park day left for the secondary park portion to remain 'active'?
4. Say I decided to buy a new set of tix or AP, can I still use the remaining water park admission in future since they're unexpired?

TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter