• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was just pricing out my trip on disney's site and for the package - there is no 4 day ticket. It has 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. No 4? Is that a glitch? I wanted 4 day. Confused!

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 7.30.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 7.30.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 7.30.19 PM.png
    377.6 KB · Views: 3
Nevermind! I found the answer! With the Fun & Sun package: When you book a room and ticket package with a minimum 4-day theme park ticket, you can get one more day added to your ticket for FREE! So that's why there's no 4 you get an extra day for free. Too bad I don't need the extra day.....

So I was told tonight at DS GR that bridging or upgrading to current gate price can no longer be done. The system knows what you paid for your ticket and you will pay the difference between that and the AP (in my instance) - youcan apply the price paid vs. current AP price. Note: my tickets were purchased from UT. The new price structure no longer allows for what they used to be able to do - apparently this is a new procedure. They talked to a "coordinator" and tried to do it and was told the same. The odd thing was that one of the tickets I purchased from UT showed as a gate price (not sure if that was a result of last night's attempt a time Epcot?!). But strike 2. :(

Last edited:
So I was told tonight at DS GR that bridging or upgrading to current gate price can no longer be done. The system knows what you paid for your ticket and you will pay the difference between that and the AP (in my instance) - youcan apply the price paid vs. current AP price. Note: my tickets were purchased from UT. The new price structure no longer allows up as in the system?what they used to be able to do - apparently this is a new procedure. They talked to a "coordinator" and tried to do it and was told the same. The odd thing was that one of the tickets I purchased from UT showed as a gate price (not sure if that was a result of last night's attempt a time Epcot?!). But strike 2. :(
What price did the other ticket from UT show? Did you do the upgrade? Thanks.

No they have not made any changes to how they price bridge discounted tickets
People have successfully bridged the tickets without expiration to the current expiration priced tickets
Have any of these successful people upgraded to APs since 2/12/17? Thanks.

So I was told tonight at DS GR that bridging or upgrading to current gate price can no longer be done. The system knows what you paid for your ticket and you will pay the difference between that and the AP (in my instance) - youcan apply the price paid vs. current AP price. Note: my tickets were purchased from UT. The new price structure no longer allows for what they used to be able to do - apparently this is a new procedure. They talked to a "coordinator" and tried to do it and was told the same. The odd thing was that one of the tickets I purchased from UT showed as a gate price (not sure if that was a result of last night's attempt a time Epcot?!). But strike 2. :(
Don't take this as fact, just yet.

First off, "the system" has no way of knowing what the guest paid for a discounted ticket.

What price did the other ticket from UT show? Did you do the upgrade? Thanks.
$411 - I did bridge the one ticket that showed a gate price. Didn't want to risk something changing. That one showed a price of $537, so the difference was $57.

$411 - I did bridge the one ticket that showed a gate price. Didn't want to risk something changing. That one showed a price of $537, so the difference was $57.
Which obviously proves their answer for the other incorrect.

I don't get it, they know the ticket was not sold by Disney and the price they are quoting is pretty close to what I paid, so the "system" must know something? At any rate, several CMs are saying they are upgrading to gate and it still doesn't get to current gate price due to the fact that the ticket was purchased pre-rate hike.

Which obviously proves their answer for the other incorrect.
The CM couldn't explain why one ticket showed gate, but the $537 is based on Disney's ticket counter rate for a 7 Day PH ($20 more than online). She actually thought I purchased the tickets separately, so I was wondering if the CM yesterday somehow changed the ticket to gate and now you have to do separate transactions - one to fix the price to gate and then go back and upgrade to AP?! Hoping to try this theory another time this week.

This seems to be an issue as of today.....that $411 seems to be a common # since I asked ROBO my question we called the 3rd party for my ticket purchase and since it is a PepsiCo ticket, they said they had no idea where WDW is getting this information from regarding my price of $442 and WDW saying it's worth $411. I'm troubled by this development.

Yes, they have
And our CM from ticketing here at The Dis has confirmed no changes
Angi do you think there is a way around this glitch? When we return in 3 weeks, should we activate the 7 day "promo" ticket and use it on my DH magicband and then before the last day upgrade it to an AP? I'm trying to figure out in my mind what the variables are. The 3rd party that gives/sells tickets to PepsiCo employees swears they have no idea about the "hidden fee" WDW is telling me is attached to the ticket. It seems WDW is throwing out the $411 as a random value. Your thoughts?

This seems to be an issue as of today.....that $411 seems to be a common # since I asked ROBO my question we called the 3rd party for my ticket purchase and since it is a PepsiCo ticket, they said they had no idea where WDW is getting this information from regarding my price of $442 and WDW saying it's worth $411. I'm troubled by this development.
They definitely can't tell which ticket seller I purchased from other than the fact that it wasn't Disney. Interesting that another vendor is also showing the $411! I know that TicketsAtWork was something around $419+tax for the same ticket, so that $411 is definitely not what the ticket was purchased for.

I also tried to upgrade a ticket I bought directly from Disney (it was the DVC Promo ticket from last year - buy 4 days, get one free plus water parks) and the CM could only give me the price of that ticket ($392?) towards the price of the AP.

Angi do you think there is a way around this glitch? When we return in 3 weeks, should we activate the 7 day "promo" ticket and use it on my DH magicband and then before the last day upgrade it to an AP? I'm trying to figure out in my mind what the variables are. The 3rd party that gives/sells tickets to PepsiCo employees swears they have no idea about the "hidden fee" WDW is telling me is attached to the ticket. It seems WDW is throwing out the $411 as a random value. Your thoughts?
I suggested this to the CM last night and he said it wouldn't matter, the system would still know. It was my Plan B in the event I strike out a third time to see what would happen.

Have any of these successful people upgraded to APs since 2/12/17? Thanks.
Yes, they have
And our CM from ticketing here at The Dis has confirmed no changes
I don't doubt that people have successfully upgraded to an AP. I do wonder what the price difference is that they paid. I could have easily upgraded to an AP, but the differential was not current gate price vs. AP. :(

I suggested this to the CM last night and he said it wouldn't matter, the system would still know. It was my Plan B in the event I strike out a third time to see what would happen.
Unfortunately that test won't happen until May.

They definitely can't tell which ticket seller I purchased from other than the fact that it wasn't Disney. Interesting that another vendor is also showing the $411! I know that TicketsAtWork was something around $419+tax for the same ticket, so that $411 is definitely not what the ticket was purchased for.

I also tried to upgrade a ticket I bought directly from Disney (it was the DVC Promo ticket from last year - buy 4 days, get one free plus water parks) and the CM could only give me the price of that ticket ($392?) towards the price of the AP.

I am aware of the issue with WDW Promo Tix We had an unfortunate incident and WDW gave us 2 sets of tickets for length of stay....we tried to upgrade them and they would not allow us to use the value. That was 2 years ago. This new glitch is beyond my comprehension.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter