Ticket Price Increases for Disneyland Announced

So.....I checked my email today, still no etickets from DL. I do have the confirmation email tho so that's good enough for now I guess. I have time before my trip, I just have to remember to keep checking.

I didn't get them yet either - ordered on Friday. But! I did see the payment posted on my Discover card so they're paid for! *yeah baby yeah* :cool1:

I ordered mine on Sat. and didn't receive an email confirmation or the etix. I placed an order from my DM about 1/2 hour later and she got the confirmation and eticket. Guess I'll have to go to GS to get my AP when we go next. Kind of annoying. :confused3

The DLR "Corporate Ticket Program Pricing" for tickets valid through December 31, 2013 was announced today. Basically, it's a straight 10% discount. So 5 day Park Hoppers are $261/$243 instead of the full price $290/$270.

The 2013 Corporate tickets go on sale June 8th. Before then, you can get 10% off the last week's prices. $221.40/$203.40 for 5 day Park Hoppers instead of the $246/$226 online full price.

So for a family of four, getting 5 day park hoppers went from $849.60 to $1,008, an 18.6% increase in one year.

Does anyone know of any of these sites that have old pricing that are selling the AP's with the old prices? And if so, can we do the payment plan if buy them through them or do we have to pay in full? TIA

Does anyone know of any of these sites that have old pricing that are selling the AP's with the old prices? And if so, can we do the payment plan if buy them through them or do we have to pay in full? TIA

I bought mine from giftcardmall.com yesterday for the old prices and they do not have a payment plan option.

I didn't get them yet either - ordered on Friday. But! I did see the payment posted on my Discover card so they're paid for! *yeah baby yeah* :cool1:

Interesting....my situation is the opposite. I ordered on Saturday, got the tix in my email a couple of hours later, but the payment STILL hasn't posted to my c.c. account.

I bought mine from giftcardmall.com yesterday for the old prices and they do not have a payment plan option.

Do you think you might have to pay the difference at the gate with these? It looks like it is a Disney gift card for the amount of $379. :confused3

I wasn't aware of the price increase until after it had occured. I usually purchase the premier AP and if I had known about the increase I would have purchased another year before the increase was implemented.

Interesting....my situation is the opposite. I ordered on Saturday, got the tix in my email a couple of hours later, but the payment STILL hasn't posted to my c.c. account.

Is it still pending or hasn't shown up at all? Some card sites are slow. Still, since you have your etickets in hand, put your dancing shoes on...it's time to happy dance!! :cool1:

Do you think you might have to pay the difference at the gate with these? It looks like it is a Disney gift card for the amount of $379. :confused3

It's just a guess, but I would think the answer to your question is, "Yes." I view it as the gift card has a dollar value to it. That dollar amount is no longer going to pay for the annual pass it was originally designed to purchase.

This is just a guess. I have no first-hand experience or info at all. I would call Disneyland directly and ask.

- Dreams

There are a lot of places that sell the actual passport in the form of a gift card, but it is for the passport, not a dollar value that can be credited toward the purchase of a passport. That means you would be buying the passport at the price stated. It is always best to call Disney to verify before making such a purchase.

It is hard to imagine now, but I got my first PAP in 2003 for $200. List price was $220, but there was a $20 off coupon available on 2-liter coke bottle.

From $200 to $650 in 9 years.

Of course, I have a snapshot of the ride status board from Sept of 2003 with 7 of the top E-tickets closed.

2005 we downgraded from PAP to DAP to keep the cost down. In 2009 we switched from every-year to a plan of every-other-year. 2009 no passes. 2010 DAPs. 2011 no passes. 2012 we planned to get passes in the fall.

Seems not.

Now we're hoping for some minor discounts on 3 day hoppers for next winter. As my wife said, it was fun having APs while we could afford it.

It's just a guess, but I would think the answer to your question is, "Yes." I view it as the gift card has a dollar value to it. That dollar amount is no longer going to pay for the annual pass it was originally designed to purchase.

This is just a guess. I have no first-hand experience or info at all. I would call Disneyland directly and ask.

- Dreams

They aren't gift cards, but the passes like they sell in grocery stores. You will not have to pay the difference, its just like purchasing a pass in the store.

Will my monthly payment still be the same until my current 12 month cycle is up?

Pretty sure it is just like a car loan. You don't need to pay more if the next year's model goes up.

When I signed up for the monthly payments, it clearly stated what the monthly payment would be and for how many months. If you are on the plan, it is a set payment per month. Thank goodness!

my question is: is there a cap on these prices? I mean, how high does disney plan on raising their prices?? Will it be $1000 per person for a premium pass one day?? This is getting out of hand!:sad2:

my question is: is there a cap on these prices? I mean, how high does disney plan on raising their prices?? Will it be $1000 per person for a premium pass one day?? This is getting out of hand!:sad2:

My guess would be just like anything in life, as long as someone is willing to pay then prices will continue to rise.

I can remember paying 5 cents for a loaf of bread, yesterday I paid $3.59. Gas used to be 25 cents a gallon, today I paid $4.29. My first house I paid $32,000 the one I live in now $170,000.

I think you get my point.

DH and I got our PAP in May and paid $499 each for them. We will attend approximately 25 days in 4 different trips this year. So that is $19.96 each day per person. Not bad in my eyes. Even at the $649 it would be $25.96 per person each day. Again not bad. We would be taking those 4 vacations even if we did not go to DLR.

I think $20-26 for a days entertainment is pretty darn cheap. We pay waaaay more than that to attend a local ball game.

Once again as long as people will pay the prices will reflect that fact.

Of cource this is just my observations.

My guess would be just like anything in life, as long as someone is willing to pay then prices will continue to rise.

I can remember paying 5 cents for a loaf of bread, yesterday I paid $3.59. Gas used to be 25 cents a gallon, today I paid $4.29. My first house I paid $32,000 the one I live in now $170,000.

I think you get my point.

DH and I got our PAP in May and paid $499 each for them. We will attend approximately 25 days in 4 different trips this year. So that is $19.96 each day per person. Not bad in my eyes. Even at the $649 it would be $25.96 per person each day. Again not bad. We would be taking those 4 vacations even if we did not go to DLR.

I think $20-26 for a days entertainment is pretty darn cheap. We pay waaaay more than that to attend a local ball game.

Once again as long as people will pay the prices will reflect that fact.

Of cource this is just my observations.

Totally agree..many people are not old enough to remember the days gone by, I was just as hard to live in the 40's,50's etc as it is today. No cell phones, no internet, good forbid NO FACEBOOK. Prices will continue to rise until the economy collaspses and things start again with even higher prices and maybe a much nastier country to live in. Just an observation.

Jack

I just really hope they find a way to close the gap between the 6 day pass and the annual pass. The gap as huge, and as a family who likes to stay for a bit over a week, and usually isn't able to return within a year that is a big chunk of change floating there. In the past people have reported being able to add extra days at the ticket booths, but we tried and tried last January an weren't successful. Having a pass that would be something like 10 days within x amount of time would be wonderful.

I just really hope they find a way to close the gap between the 6 day pass and the annual pass. The gap as huge, and as a family who likes to stay for a bit over a week, and usually isn't able to return within a year that is a big chunk of change floating there. In the past people have reported being able to add extra days at the ticket booths, but we tried and tried last January an weren't successful. Having a pass that would be something like 10 days within x amount of time would be wonderful.

:worship:

MY THOUGHTS TOTALLY!!!

This is the issue we are having. I think that Disney is still a great value based on the cost per day and what we get in return for our money.

My issue is not the increase in price but the dropping the 6 day parkhopper to only a 5 day parkhopper. That to me is the bigger story. When we go on vacation we like to have a relaxing vacation and sometimes we are there for up to a week+. I don't like the idea that now I have to look at my 6 year old and say sorry we can't go into disneyland today we have to "conserve" our days.

I know we can do other things like legoland, universal, or head to the beach but that is just forcing me to spend my money elsewhere instead of at disneyland. Which in itself seems silly since they want us to stay on property as proven by building Downtown Disney.
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter