Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes; from confirmation in this thread the rolling still continues.

If differing info comes in, the thread will be updated; keep following along. :-)

Once again, thanks so much!! I, as I'm sure many here, appreciate all your information and help.

Ok, so what I understand is that if I book a campsite Saturday night (check out Sunday), Monday night (check out Tuesday), and Wednesday night (check out Thursday), I can book for all the days until the Thursday starting 60 days before the Saturday (booking 65 days in advance for the Thursday). Is that correct? Does that make sense?

Do you get EMH for just the days booked? 2 days with a 1 night ressie? and also magical express inbound? and magic bands?

Hi! A planned night at the contemporary for a birthday surprise and extra perks has been nixed by my husband. He would rather do a throwaway room if the perks are that important to me (operating under the assumption that SWGE will be open by Mid December, we are taking our SW loving boy to celebrate his 10th bday).

We're staying off site, our dates are 12/14-12/21. I have dated tickets that start on 12/14. It will not let me book a campsite with a check in date of 12/14, check out on 12/15. It WILL however let me book a campsite for a check in date of 12/15 and check out on 12/16. Our first full park day is the 15th.

Will the rolling 60 apply to me? Is it my check in day + number of ticket days I can book in advance, or will I have to get up early each day to make the next park days fast passes?

Thanks in advance, there is a lot of great information here and I just want to make sure I am understanding it correctly.

ETA: Just wanted to clarify this will be a reservation we plan on keeping and paying for. Also, I didn't see check out addressed. I'm assuming nothing needs to be done?

Last edited:

Hi! A planned night at the contemporary for a birthday surprise and extra perks has been nixed by my husband. He would rather do a throwaway room if the perks are that important to me (operating under the assumption that SWGE will be open by Mid December, we are taking our SW loving boy to celebrate his 10th bday).

We're staying off site, our dates are 12/14-12/21. I have dated tickets that start on 12/14. It will not let me book a campsite with a check in date of 12/14, check out on 12/15. It WILL however let me book a campsite for a check in date of 12/15 and check out on 12/16. Our first full park day is the 15th.

Will the rolling 60 apply to me? Is it my check in day + number of ticket days I can book in advance, or will I have to get up early each day to make the next park days fast passes?

Thanks in advance, there is a lot of great information here and I just want to make sure I am understanding it correctly.

ETA: Just wanted to clarify this will be a reservation we plan on keeping and paying for. Also, I didn't see check out addressed. I'm assuming nothing needs to be done?

Yes, you will be getting the rolling 60 Day FP+ window. 60 days before Dec 15th you will be able to book FP+ for any day until Dec 16th (check out day) that your ticket is valid. Any day after Dec 16th will need to be done individually (60 Days before the 17th, 60 days before the 18th, etc)

Yes, you will be getting the rolling 60 Day FP+ window. 60 days before Dec 15th you will be able to book FP+ for any day until Dec 16th (check out day) that your ticket is valid. Any day after Dec 16th will need to be done individually (60 Days before the 17th, 60 days before the 18th, etc)

Thank you for your help!

Hi all! Just wanting to inform or possibly gain some incite if I am doing something wrong...We have a FW campsite booked one night for Easter, checking in April 21st and checking out April 22nd. We are actually staying at FW that night, but did book with the intention of benefiting from the perks of staying onsite one night-we will be moving to Windsor Hills for the remainder of the week.

I booked the room through my MDE account and our 7 day park tickets (not dated) are linked and showing up in the same reservation. Two days ago I was able to make our FP+ reservations at when our 60 day window opened but now it is 60 days out from the first "rolling" day (the 23rd)and it is not letting me make FP+ reservations for that day. I don't know if they have closed this loophole or if I am doing something wrong. Anyone else experience this this week?

Rteetz just reported on this in the rumors and news section:
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...-to-fastpass-reduce-misuse-of-the-service.htm

From the link above:
"Another change effective this week limits resort hotel guests using the 60 day pre arrival booking window to a FastPass+ period as long as their resort stay. If you have a ticket longer than your resort stay, you will need to wait until the 30 day pre arrival booking window to make additional FastPass+ reservations. With a 14 day ticket being the longest available and using a 60 day pre arrival booking window, this puts the maximum FastPass+ window at 74 days out."

Rteetz just reported on this in the rumors and news section:
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...-to-fastpass-reduce-misuse-of-the-service.htm

From the link above:
"Another change effective this week limits resort hotel guests using the 60 day pre arrival booking window to a FastPass+ period as long as their resort stay. If you have a ticket longer than your resort stay, you will need to wait until the 30 day pre arrival booking window to make additional FastPass+ reservations. With a 14 day ticket being the longest available and using a 60 day pre arrival booking window, this puts the maximum FastPass+ window at 74 days out."

OF COURSE. I booked yesterday so they would today :sad2::sad2:

Now I need to decide if I want to add another night to our campsite ressie to up my chances of getting SWGE FP for the boy's birthday, or wait until 60 days, see if I get any, and if I can't, just cancel to save the $110.

They'll likely make less money off me because of this, because I'm spiteful like that. Just give me the damn option to BUY premium fast pass access already.

Now I need to decide if I want to add another night to our campsite ressie to up my chances of getting SWGE FP for the boy's birthday, or wait until 60 days, see if I get any, and if I can't, just cancel to save the $110.

They'll likely make less money off me because of this, because I'm spiteful like that. Just give me the damn option to BUY premium fast pass access already.

I seriously doubt a 2 day stay will be long enough to get anything much, least of all swge. It’s rare to get SDMT or FOP with a stay that short, let alone something that’s going to be as sought over as swge.

If you’re willing to pay the money for premium fast pass access, which would probably be close the current club level $50/day per person, why not just pay to stay onsite?

Consider booking 1-night in a CL level room for the option to purchase extra FP+ at 90 days, booking a VIP tour or keeping your eyes open for any SWGE tours WDW may introduce to get quicker access to SWGE rides. As PP pointed out, a 1-night stay will probably not be long enough to get SWGE FP+ as most guests who are currently trying to get FOP and SDD FP+ typically need to try to get them at 60+3 or even further into their trips.

Consider booking 1-night in a CL level room for the option to purchase extra FP+ at 90 days, booking a VIP tour or keeping your eyes open for any SWGE tours WDW may introduce to get quicker access to SWGE rides. As PP pointed out, a 1-night stay will probably not be long enough to get SWGE FP+ as most guests who are currently trying to get FOP and SDD FP+ typically need to try to get them at 60+3 or even further into their trips.
It is a minimum 2-night stay in a CL room to purchase 3 days of CLFPs. Still very pricey - hopefully upcharge events will be offered for SWGE.

A multi-night Throwaway will still be less expensive.

If you’re willing to pay the money for premium fast pass access, which would probably be close the current club level $50/day per person, why not just pay to stay onsite?

That's a fair question. When we started planning this trip (my kids spend their 10th birthday at Disney), it was a no brainer for me to stay on prop. Then in response to the Vegas shooting, Disney started going into hotel rooms as the wished all willy nilly. Now, please understand I know that hotels do have some privileges to go in your room for health/safety reasons. However the trips reports I saw had them coming in unannounced/disturbing people's sleeping in, otherwise disrupting them in their room. It seemed to be a daily thing.

That right there was a hard no for us. My husband travels with a lot of expensive tech for any work/emergencies he might have to tend to when we're in our room/overnight and beyond being disturbed/intruded upon for how much we spend to stay there, it was too much of a risk for sensitive equipment.

That being said, Disney also can't provide me with the accommodation experience that I want. Multiple bedrooms, FULL sized kitchen, full personal laundry. Even if they did eventually have full sized condos/single family homes for accommodations, because they are Disney branded, they would be OBSCENELY priced.

People will stay offsite regardless of what they do. Letting people pay for ala carte fastpass or wristbands to enter the shorter line would be one way to squeeze money out of those who refuse to stay on site. You'd think they would want to maximize where they can.

The people who will be happy by this change are already giving Disney their money. They'll lose money from the people who use this method/hack.

I had not considered the possibility of a tour, this is great. I will be following closely to the construction info and tours information. Thank you!

DISboard Administrators have allowed this thread and its concepts for the past 5 years.

The following statement still applies:
"This thread is not for debating whether or not this is a good, bad or allowable strategy. Posts/posters who ignore this warning will be removed accordingly"

For open discussion, please join in over on the News board:
Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter