Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Just checked there again, (as I had originally, when I posted "...but when I click on MB's on MDE, all I can see is my MB from last year's trip..") but no change. Only my MB from last trip is there; not even MB's from my family from last year's trip are there.
I've heard a few people have had that issue - they were able to fix it by calling. Hope you are able to also!

I've heard a few people have had that issue - they were able to fix it by calling. Hope you are able to also!

Yes, we called last night, it is fixed, now we just deciding on colors. I want everyone to have the same colors as our last trip, so we can keep track more easily, but my DW is pushing for new colors. In any case, these are 2.0 MB's versus 1.0 MB's from our last trip, so it should be easy to tell them apart regardless of the color.

And thanks to everyone for indulging my posts related to my throwaway room reservation that were not directly related to the concept of a throwaway room itself. I realize that the MB's issues I had could happen with any room-only reservation. Just glad it's all settled, one less thing to worry about before the trip!

I'd like to share my experience with a Throwaway room.

For me (just back) they worked great.

2 tent spots at Fort Wilderness ($95 after taxes) for 4 families (total of 19 people). We shared a 9-bedroom vacation home about 15 minutes west of Disney.

We were all planning only a few theme park days, so two days of parking, plus magic bands, plus 60-day Fast passes, plus access to an EMH morning at DHS made it all worth it.

No worries, no hassles and a great time.

I would highly recommend this for a short trip with a large group of people.

Thanks to this thread for the tips and suggestions.

I'd like to share my experience with a Throwaway room.

For me (just back) they worked great.

2 tent spots at Fort Wilderness ($95 after taxes) for 4 families (total of 19 people). We shared a 9-bedroom vacation home about 15 minutes west of Disney.

We were all planning only a few theme park days, so two days of parking, plus magic bands, plus 60-day Fast passes, plus access to an EMH morning at DHS made it all worth it.

No worries, no hassles and a great time.

I would highly recommend this for a short trip with a large group of people.

Thanks to this thread for the tips and suggestions.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the update!

Can someone explain it to me because I don't seem to understand.... How does booking a through away room save money on parking if the room is more that the parking fee?

Can someone explain it to me because I don't seem to understand.... How does booking a through away room save money on parking if the room is more that the parking fee?
You need to factor in the total perks:
Two days of parking
+
# of MagicBands
+
2 days of EMH (worth a lot to some)
+
60-day FP booking window with rolling (also very worth it to some - especially if you are going after Pandora opens)

"You need to factor in the total perks:
Two days of parking
+
# of MagicBands
+
+
60-day FP booking window with rolling (also very worth it to some - especially if you are going after Pandora opens)"

EXACTLY.

Paid $84 for a campsite
GOT:
Parking=$40
Magic Bands for 6=$120 (not essential but nice)
EMH--not a fan
****60 Day booking window ESPECIALLY important since we arrive May 25--would not be able to ride 2 Tier 1 Pandora rides without LONG LONG waits--the Avatar FPs are GONE for Sunday May 28 now. I booked at 8:15AM CST 60 days out & only evening FPs were available. I tried to tweak our FP times today & there are NONE for that day.

WORTH IT

Two days of parking
+
# of MagicBands
+
+
60-day FP booking window with rolling (also very worth it to some - especially if you are going after Pandora opens)"

EXACTLY.

Paid $84 for a campsite
GOT:
Parking=$40
EMH--not a fan
****60 Day booking window ESPECIALLY important since we arrive May 25--would not be able to ride 2 Tier 1 Pandora rides without LONG LONG waits--the Avatar FPs are GONE for Sunday May 28 now. I booked at 8:15AM CST 60 days out & only evening FPs were available. I tried to tweak our FP times today & there are NONE for that day.

WORTH IT
You need to factor in the total perks:
Two days of parking
+
# of MagicBands
+
+
60-day FP booking window with rolling (also very worth it to some - especially if you are going after Pandora opens)

Ahh I see... we have a ton of magic bands already (pretty much every color plus specialty ones) so I guess it wouldn't be worth the savings for us. Bummer! :sad1:

Last edited:
Ahh I see... we have a ton of magic bands already (pretty much every color plus specialty ones) so I guess it wouldn't be worth the savings for us. Bummer! :sad1:
For the 60+ FP window, we already have our tickets. If I book a room then reserve my fp+, can't I then cancel the room without losing my fp+ reservations? Thus getting the 60 window without losing any $$$?
But, because this is the Throwaway Room thread where the premise is booking and keeping the room, cancellations are not discussed in this thread. :)

Two days of parking
+
# of MagicBands
+
+

EXACTLY.

Paid $84 for a campsite
GOT:
Parking=$40
EMH--not a fan

WORTH IT

We are doing this as well (only two days in the parks), but my understanding is you get parking for everyone in your room / tent site. In our case (we will see what happens in May when we go) we will have 2 cars so 6 Magic Bands at 12.99 each (that 77.94 right there) plus 2 days of 2 cars parking (another 80) and we actually make money on the camp site (only 85 or so with tax). I almost feel bad about it but not really :) And then there was getting fast passes to Frozen in Epcot, that was worth it right there for me!!!

Ok I just booked a campsite for $59. My dates are 8/2-8/3. We have 6 day tickets with the water park and more fun option purchased thru Undercover Tourist.

1. I can check-in online without having to set foot at the campsite?
2. I can get EMH for 8/2 and 8/3. How will they know if you are eligible for EMH thru magic bands?
3. I get free parking for 8/2 and 8/3 also thru magic bands?
4. The magic bands get mailed 30 days outs from 8/2 but you can set them up before then?
5. I can start making FP reservations on June 3 for 8/2, June 4 for 8/3 and for the the rest of the 4 days beginning on June 5?

Is this all correct? Please let me know if anything is wrong with my thinking. Thanks.

Ok I just booked a campsite for $59. My dates are 8/2-8/3. We have 6 day tickets with the water park and more fun option purchased thru Undercover Tourist.

1. I can check-in online without having to set foot at the campsite?
2. I can get EMH for 8/2 and 8/3. How will they know if you are eligible for EMH thru magic bands?
3. I get free parking for 8/2 and 8/3 also thru magic bands?
4. The magic bands get mailed 30 days outs from 8/2 but you can set them up before then?
5. I can start making FP reservations on June 3 for 8/2, June 4 for 8/3 and for the the rest of the 4 days beginning on June 5?

Is this all correct? Please let me know if anything is wrong with my thinking. Thanks.
Your reading comprehension skills are excellent! :) Yes to all your questions. Happy planning! :goodvibes

Your reading comprehension skills are excellent! :) Yes to all your questions. Happy planning! :goodvibes

Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering if it was worth the extra hour or two to attend on EMH days since it would be alot busier or go on non-EMH days and hope for a smaller crowd?

Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering if it was worth the extra hour or two to attend on EMH days since it would be alot busier or go on non-EMH days and hope for a smaller crowd?
The main perk as soon as Pandora opens is that EMH is nightly for 2 hours through July 4th.

Which park for a morning EMH? And if you are hopping, that also factors into EMH - stay until the park begins to get busy and then hop to another.

Magic kingdom EMH is 8/2 from 9pm to 11pm. Epcot is 8/3 from 8am to 9am. As you can see if we go to MK first and Epcot second then we don't get much sleep. I was thinking of flipflopping the schedule and do Epcot first but we lose the EMH for both days but perhaps gain smaller crowds on both days. Since we have 6 day tickets we can do both parks twice?

@apone6 ~ with 2 days in those parks, it's your selection of FPs that will be more effective than worrying about getting something done within a short hour during morning EMH.

With the 60-day booking, you should get your choice of rides at Epcot.

We are staying offsite 5/28-6/9. Booked AKL for night of 6/9 so we could got to AK on 6/9 as a treat and to have FP at 60 days out. We have 4 days of park tickets.

Is my thinking accurate....

1)I can book one day of FP for 6/9 at 60 days prior to 6/9?

2) our other 3 days of FP bookings will be 30 days prior to the days we go to other parks (which are all before the 6/9 park day on the calendar)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter