Three Yr Old Boy Dies At Wdw !!!!!!

Thanks, Deb in IA, for the great info. Our DGD is ready to crawl and I'm going to print this out for her mom to read.

This is great advice for those traveling with little ones, too. It's very hard to "child-proof" a hotel room.

Very, very sad for the family. I'm sure that there are many deaths or serious illnesses at WDW but we just don't hear about them.

Very sad.

Unfortunately this did happen. A friend of ours babysat for the family the day of the funeral. The toddler had a sibling in Kindergarden and the parents didn't think it appropriate for him to be at the funeral. Our friend was friends with the family for years and was asked to help out.

Also, the incident occured at Universal Studios, not Disney (according to our friend "the babysitter"). So so sad. I couldn't imagine ever being able to go back to the park again.

Very sad for the family. I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child!!! I sometimes think that I am paranoid with my children's safety until I hear of stories like this one.
We have always been extra cautious with giving hotdogs to our kids. Well past the toddler years we always cut them twice lengthwise and put the resulting 4 "strips" onto the bun. We did the same with grapes and NEVER allowed uninflated balloons into the house as they are impossible to dislodge if caught in the windpipe.
TwingleMum: If the info given in this thread serves as a heads-up to new and prospective Moms and Dads then you may well have saved some child's life by posting it.

That is terrible. My heart goes out to the family.

My prayers are with the family at this time.........so very sad..

I will just share an experience I had a while back..........I was at Sunday Mass at the Luau Cove and was having chest pains..........the staff at the mass were incredible.....and on top of the situation... they sat me down...evaluated me, an ambulance was called and there within minutes...I believe it was Reddy Creek ambulance service, they checked my vitals, drew blood and I was on the way to Celebration hospital in a matter of moments.......I am not sure if anyone has ever had to call an ambulance at home, but if you do your insurance is heftily charged....I was never charged for this service... it was an emergency service supplied by WDW....not to put a price tag on emergency service, but I have to say the response time was miniscule and the treatment impeccable........

Also, the incident occured at Universal Studios, not Disney (according to our friend "the babysitter"). So so sad. I couldn't imagine ever being able to go back to the park again.

Since it seems that the information in the post isn't correct, could the title please be changed from 3 yr old boy dies at WDW to 3 yr old boy dies from choking on a hot dog. The message about feeding toddlers hotdogs will still be there, but the negative connotation for WDW will be eliminated. If the original OP doesn't want to change it, could one of the moderaters do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter