Threads dont get highlighted

?

Results are only viewable after voting.

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
In old forums once I read a thread it was highlighted a different color. This way I knew I read it. In the new forums once a thread is read it does not get highlighted. How do I know I read the thread? Its confusing. Help

That's the first thing I noticed. I also like to see what I have already read. Hope they "fix" it.

me too. I can never remember what I've read already!!

I must also add my vote. It made things much easier for this forgetful brain!

They don't get highlighted, but they do have a little beaded box around your post after you read it, so it shouldn't be a problem!

I just posted this same question on the Resorts Board. I too wish the highlighting would return. It is sooo helpful as previously mentioned . It is true that the beading shows when you click on a post but it doesn't remain there as the highlighting did, for those of us whose brains rely on backups;) PLEASE if anyone in the know reads this and has some input into these boards PLEASE return the highlighting :D

After you read a thread the envelope should be closed. When there are more new replies, it will have letters again. This should help a little.

When things settle down a bit, we will talk to the webmasters to see if we can get the changing thread colors back. :D

The changing envelope icon would be a decent replacement for the hi-lighting, but, unfortunately for me, it doesn't seem to change to clodsed after I've read the thread. Oh well.:rolleyes:

That's the first thing I noticed too. I can't remember which ones I've read either! Also I don't have to spend time looking through the on'e I already read. I hope they fix it too! :pinkbounc

...is that the threads I've read aren't highlighted. I'll start looking more closely at the envelopes, but I guess I'm a creature of habit!

Bring back the highlighting!:(

I am begging for the highlighting to return! I tried using the "open envelope" thing, but it doesn't seem to help me. When I sign onto a board I notice all the envelopes open with new letters sticking out of them. But I'm off and on these boards all day, for just a few minutes each time.

I have noticed if I sign onto a board and read just a few posts and then sign off, when I sign back on in half an hour or so, ALL the envelopes are closed (unless they've had new posts since I was on), even the ones I didn't read last time. It's like it marks them all "read" just because I was on the board, not whether or not I actually clicked on them.

I totally am open to the fact that I could be missing something here or doing something wrong, as I am computer illiterate, but I must admit the lack of highlighting is keeping me off these boards. It's just too frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter