Thoughts on soccer tournaments

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Since we are all going a bit stir crazy, I’m trying to convince DD’s soccer coach to register for a Disney soccer tournament. I’m just looking for any feedback from anyone who went. Did you like it? Was there enough time to explore the parks? How competitive are the teams?

To be perfectly honest, I don’t actually care about the actual sports. I’m just using this as an excuse to get to Disney. Our girls are ages 9-10, and are a travel team but due to not enough girls in the in-house league, restructured our travel teams so we didn’t have an “A” and “B” team. Instead, it’s a mix. Great group of really fun girls (lots of Disney lovers in the group) but not the best soccer players in town. Although I don’t care if we lose, I also don’t want them to be embarrassed. Do you think they’d be okay here?

Again, any thoughts, advice, etc welcome. Hoping I can milk a Disney trip out of this :)

Since we are all going a bit stir crazy, I’m trying to convince DD’s soccer coach to register for a Disney soccer tournament. I’m just looking for any feedback from anyone who went. Did you like it? Was there enough time to explore the parks? How competitive are the teams?

To be perfectly honest, I don’t actually care about the actual sports. I’m just using this as an excuse to get to Disney. Our girls are ages 9-10, and are a travel team but due to not enough girls in the in-house league, restructured our travel teams so we didn’t have an “A” and “B” team. Instead, it’s a mix. Great group of really fun girls (lots of Disney lovers in the group) but not the best soccer players in town. Although I don’t care if we lose, I also don’t want them to be embarrassed. Do you think they’d be okay here?

Again, any thoughts, advice, etc welcome. Hoping I can milk a Disney trip out of this :)

My daughters club team went during presidents day festival. There were many brackets related to what level of play your team is on. The Presidents Day soccer festival is not as competitive as the Girls soccer showcase that they hold earlier in the year. We went 4 years ago and had a blast. Used the team package and stayed at CBR. Discounted tickets were provided and also shuttle transportation to the sports complex was provided. Very well organized and we had a blast. We did go to some parks during that time and rode a few rides but you can't really stay long because of the soccer schedule. We went at night for maybe 2 hours at the most. We also had a team dinner at HDDR. Stayed a week total and made a vacation out of it after the 3 day tournament. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Best of luck!

My daughters club team went during presidents day festival. There were many brackets related to what level of play your team is on. The Presidents Day soccer festival is not as competitive as the Girls soccer showcase that they hold earlier in the year. We went 4 years ago and had a blast. Used the team package and stayed at CBR. Discounted tickets were provided and also shuttle transportation to the sports complex was provided. Very well organized and we had a blast. We did go to some parks during that time and rode a few rides but you can't really stay long because of the soccer schedule. We went at night for maybe 2 hours at the most. We also had a team dinner at HDDR. Stayed a week total and made a vacation out of it after the 3 day tournament. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Best of luck!
Thanks so much! I’m so desperate to get there that I’m going to start bothering the coaches about it now :)

My advice is just to book a trip to Disney! That way you don’t have to work around game schedules.
Thank you! I certainly plan to- just using this as an excuse to go for an extra trip 😀
We visit fairly often so limiting time at the parks isn’t too big of a deal for us. But I’m missing it like crazy and want a trip to look forward to.

I would book a trip for your family. IF youth sports resume anytime soon, some families might be uncomfortable getting on a plane or going to a theme park before the covid situation plays out a lot more. Seems like a very uncertain climate to try to plan something like this involving a team of kids and their families. Just my 2 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts