Thomson have released october 2013 flights....

Atm Thomson is £100 cheaper then virgin with better flight times and flying from east midlands which is closer then Manchester for me. The transfer times dont bother me that much as were not driving so can sit back and chill out on the coach. Looking at maingate lakeside - anyone else stayed thier?

We stayed at the maingate lakeside a few years ago when it was the Best western. Its a good budget hotel, in a good location with restaurants within walking distance. There is a huge Walgreens across the car park so handy for stocking up the fridge in the room with drinks and snacks!
The transport to the parks was ok. After a couple of days we worked out to just get on the first bus of the day to a Disney park regardless of which one you are planning on going to as you always get dropped off at the TTC anyway!

One day when we wanted to go shopping to I drive we got the courtsey bus to SW and then used the I ride trolley to the mall!

The Busch gardens shuttle goes from the hotel too.

We live in Northampton so I'm seriously thinking of looking at Thomson prices from EMA for our next trip! We've always had good experience with VA but now we are looking at school hols at DD starts school this Sept its time to look elsewhere just in case!

Claire :)

We stayed at the maingate lakeside a few years ago when it was the Best western. Its a good budget hotel, in a good location with restaurants within walking distance. There is a huge Walgreens across the car park so handy for stocking up the fridge in the room with drinks and snacks!
The transport to the parks was ok. After a couple of days we worked out to just get on the first bus of the day to a Disney park regardless of which one you are planning on going to as you always get dropped off at the TTC anyway!

One day when we wanted to go shopping to I drive we got the courtsey bus to SW and then used the I ride trolley to the mall!

The Busch gardens shuttle goes from the hotel too.

We live in Northampton so I'm seriously thinking of looking at Thomson prices from EMA for our next trip! We've always had good experience with VA but now we are looking at school hols at DD starts school this Sept its time to look elsewhere just in case!

Claire :)

Thanks for the info :) I have seen thiers a resort fee here which is putting me off a little bit, but its the cheapest hotel so need to work out if the resort fee still makes it cheapest :confused:

We stayed here in 2009 also when it was the Best Western, it was fine to use as a crash pad after a hard day in the parks! Our kids were 2 and 4 then, so we found it a pain having to go the bed when they did (we usually stay in a villa) but as we were doing a cheap last minute Christmas holiday it was fine. DH did all our washing in their little launderette before we came home too so that was fab!
Nice and close to the Sherberth Rd entrance too!

I would certainly recommend it.

I too am looking at Thomson for 2015 - have usually flown virgin. Sooooo want to go PE never done so before but you are soooooo long on that plane its like a day trip in itself and DH is a nervous flyer so i'm tempted to save up for the extra. :)

Its looking more likely ill fly with Thomson. For sep / oct when im looking at Virgin now fly from manchester to london then on to orlando - really dont want to deal with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter