• Studio

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • 1BR

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • 2BR

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • 3R (GV)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Specialty Unit (Beach Cottage, Treehouse, Bungalow, Cascade Cabin)

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Exchange (booked something outside DVC)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other (Used points in a different UY through Bank/Borrow; Rented Out; etc.)

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
We stayed in a 1br and 2br at BLT in 2018, because we had banked points from 2017. Now we are points-poor.

Sounds like add-on time to me.... :) We are actually about to rent the 2018 banked points we just bought at BWV.

Just checking, as I pondered this when constructing the pole: Does Vero GV = Vero Beach Cottage? Or are there both Cottages and GVs? Thanks for your help with this clarification. :)

The Beach Cottage is certainly on our DVC Bucket list, also!

The GV at Vero are the Beach Cottages.

AKL Feb. 2018 UY:
1-Bedroom GCV March 7 nights
Banked rest of points into 2019

AKL Feb. 2019 UY upcoming:
3-Bedroom Grand Villa AKL August 7 nights (also borrowed some from 2020)

AULANI March 2018 UY:
2-bedroom Aulani August 9 nights
Studio Aulani January 8 nights (also borrowed some from 2019)

AULANI March 2019 UY upcoming:
1-bedroom Aulani December 2019/Jan. 2020 8 nights (also borrowed some from 2020)

Last edited:

December 2017 UY
  • 12 nights BWV Garden view studio (September)
  • 2 - 2 night VGC studio (July and November)
December 2018 UY
  • 6 nights AKV - standard Studio (in less than a week!)
  • 2 night VGC studio (July), may try booking another night this year
  • 13 nights BWV Garden view studio (September)

Five nights in a two bedroom at kidani (traveled with friends). January

12 nights at BWV in a one bedroom pool view. January

4 nights at BWV in a one bedroom (run Disney) April

Five nights in a one bedroom at Kidani. August

One night standard view studio at GF. October

So 27 nights in all!

AUGUST UY
January 2018 -Studio at VGF
May 2018 -Studio at BWV and 1 bedroom at BLT
November 2018 -Studio at VGF
December 2018- Studio at VGF

We rarely venture outside our home resort and primarily use studios because it's just myself, my husband and our two small children (4 and 1). Plus we aren't in the room much.

We have an upcoming stay in July for a savanna view studio at AKL and then we have two studios reserved at VGF December 28-January 6th. I am hoping to get a 2 bedroom at another resort at the 7 month window.

I booked a 1 bedroom for my family of 4, a 2 bedroom for DS and his friends (college graduation trip), and a studio for DD and a friend. I voted for all three since I "booked" the 2 BR and studio even though I didn't "visit" them.

I took a solo trip, where I booked a studio (6 nights at BCV)
DH and went to HHI for 11 nights in a 1 BR.

The cabin will be a one and done and we only have stayed in a GV one time for 3-4 nights at HHI. Booking the big daddies (GV or cabin or bungalow or treehouse) will be rarity. Maybe more often once kids get married (they are all 20somethings now).
This type of usage is why I tried aiming the poll to "current year usage" rather than "typical pattern" or "desires." I was looking to see, "How did life actually play out this year?" Sometimes our normal patterns are set aside to meet the "once and done" plan ... and sometimes those same plans are interrupted by outside influences (booking what is available vs what we intended).

I'm enjoying how your examples, and many in this discussion, show such varied usage across the system: different size units, different resorts. To me, that would suggest the points system is working as promised: pick any size unit, any resort, any check-in day, any length of stay, etc. It seems GOOD. :)

We stayed in a 1br and 2br at BLT in 2018, because we had banked points from 2017. Now we are points-poor.
Hear you there! We felt that way in our 2017 UY having only one visit, the Cascade Cabin, using both current and previously banked points. Wowza, loved the stay ... but sure felt poor until our 2018 points kicked in.

I booked a 1 bedroom for my family of 4, a 2 bedroom for DS and his friends (college graduation trip), and a studio for DD and a friend. I voted for all three since I "booked" the 2 BR and studio even though I didn't "visit" them.
Well done ... agreed, the poll wording isn't perfect. Thanks for voting the best fit for how your points were used. :)

So today I was charting all my DVC stays and I calculated number of nights in each room type. This is likely off by 1 or 2 in some room types as my memory aint what it used to be. This is since buying DVC in May 2006.

Biggies- 4 (2 more nights coming in Dec)
2BR- 50 (8 more nights coming in Sept-Oct)
1BR- 25 (7 more nights coming in 3 days....woo hoo and 2 more in May)
studio- 37
Non-DVC hotels- 12 nights (POR, CR, CSR, Pop)

These are rooms we used. Not rooms we rented or gifted to others. Since owning in 2006. Some HHI and Vero (30 nights) as well as Disney World (86). Most stayed at resort was BWV (32) with HHI (26) second.

Also an interesting tidbit...On night 2 of my upcoming trip, my twin DDs' 20th birthday, will be my 100th night at an on property WDW room (as long as my memory is correct).

Last edited:
I'm enjoying how your examples, and many in this discussion, show such varied usage across the system: different size units, different resorts. To me, that would suggest the points system is working as promised: pick any size unit, any resort, any check-in day, any length of stay, etc. It seems GOOD. :)

Same here - in 2019 we will have 6 nights in a standard studio (VGF Easter :scared1:), 6 nights in a std 1BR ((VGF Christmas:scared1:), and 2 nights in a TPV studio, BLT.

Same here - in 2019 we will have 6 nights in a standard studio (VGF Easter :scared1:), 6 nights in a std 1BR ((VGF Christmas:scared1:), and 2 nights in a TPV studio, BLT.
Love those Holiday periods, huh? :rolleyes1
(I survived New Years this year ... more crowded than I prefer but we survived!)

So today I was charting all my DVC stays and I calculated number of nights in each room type. This is likely off by 1 or 2 in some room types as my memory aint what it used to be. This is since buying DVC in May 2006.

Biggies- 4 (2 more nights coming in Dec)
2BR- 50 (8 more nights coming in Sept-Oct)
1BR- 25 (7 more nights coming in 3 days....woo hoo and 2 more in May)
studio- 37

These are rooms we used. Not rooms we rented or gifted to others. Since owning in 2006. Some HHI and Vero (30 nights) as well as Disney World (86). Most stayed at resort was BWV (32) with HHI (26) second.

Also an interesting tidbit...On night 2 of my upcoming trip, my twin DDs' 20th birthday, will be my 100th night at an on property WDW room (as long as my memory is correct).
Well done! I couldn't even begin to recap our stays. I wish the Member site showed history "to the beginning of the contract" like my Worldmark system. (If I'm feeling glum I sometimes open my Worldmark reservation history and look back over the great places we've been over the years. 125+ reservations and growing!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter