This summer compared to last

My mission in life since 2019 is finding a way to cheat code Disneyland. I have been semi successful on multiple fronts with one massive exception. We went to Disneyland a bunch last year. Mainly off of banked trips from COVID. There were 6 noticeable spikes last year in regards to attendance. Of the 6 we entered the gates during 3 of those spikes to include the 2 busiest days of the year (4/12/2022 and 12/30/2022).

To your point of checking the app this summer. I have mini fits of jealousy as I think about what a 20 minute Incredicoaster line with both tracks running must look like.

We were there July 6-11 and at one point on Sunday, Incredicoaster was at 110 minutes!

July 6, 7, and 8 were all good but the 9th and 10th were quite busy by late morning. Space had an issue on the 10th and we got stuck in the LL around 8:30pm for over 45 minutes.

We really like BW Plus Anaheim Inn. The breakfast is great. We had eggs, egg sandwiches, pancakes, bacon, sausages and french toast sticks. They also have cold options every day like fruit, cereal and packaged pastries. There's a really nice coffee/cocoa machine in the lobby. The front desk was very accommodating about all of our requests. The walk is only 2.5 minutes to the Disneyland entrance. We found the beds very comfortable and the rooms spacious. This last trip we had a broken AC and toilet, but they fixed them right away on the first night.

The only thing we didn't like was dealing with the atmosphere on Harbor, but that was about Harbor Blvd, not the BW.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like we made a good decision.
I get what you are saying about Harbor Blvd. I work in Seattle and see that stuff like that everyday and a lot worse. Sad to see what Seattle has become

Do you know if Disneyland tends to overestimate the wait time like WDW does?
I have read some posts about that here on the boards, kinda a mixed bag of responses. I recall reading one post stating the wait times are underestimated after a major attraction that has been closed and then opens up. Ex, Incredacoaster showed a time of 10 mins and hordes of people were actually running to get there only to see an actual wait of 45-50 mins

This was our first trip to DL so I can't compare to last summer, but I was very pleasantly surprised with crowds on our 7/4-7/5 trip. I was expecting wall to wall people like in WDW, but morning crowds felt almost light. Our first morning, we rode 11 rides in DL before noon. Evening lines did not seem bad either. We did buy G+ and park hoppers and those definitely helped, as did rope dropping. Afternoons felt a lot more crowded so we found less popular attractions or went back to our motel to rest. Weather was wonderful compared to Orlando in July! For those staying off-site, I highly recommend finding somewhere on Harbour right across the street or within a 1/2 mile walk. We stayed at Park Vue, which was not fancy, but I'd stay there again for that walk.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like we made a good decision.
I get what you are saying about Harbor Blvd. I work in Seattle and see that stuff like that everyday and a lot worse. Sad to see what Seattle has become
I think you'll really like the BW :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter