This is us..

How's this for a scenario -- Jack gets drunk because Rebecca hurt his feelings. He's too drunk to drive, so he calls Kate for a ride. On the way home they're in an accident and Jack dies. Kate blames herself for his death so she can't talk about it. Maybe Miguel had helped him get drunk so naturally the kids resent him for that.

That or--

Rebecca goes on tour, Jack is drinking and Kate calls him because he didn't pick her up from some activity-- remember Rebecca going over the kids schedules?). On the way to pick up Kate or maybe even on the way home Jack gets into an accident.

Either way I think it involved Jack drinking and something around Kate.

I went to bed analyzing the show last night! My first thought was that he died from drunk driving also, but my husband (who claims to hate this show) says that Kate seemed to have trauma over his death, so that wouldn't make sense. Then I wondered if he drove drunk and killed another person. Your theory holds up.

I was on the edge of my seat when Toby asked, also! I think I spent the rest of the show with my hands on my face!

Maybe Miguel's wife and kids?

I am thinking Jacks death happens when Rebecca is on tour. Like someone else said, I think he will go to pick up Kate after drinking and get killed. I think Rebecca will feel guilty for being on tour and will turn to Miguel for comfort. Kate will feel awful because maybe she see's he is drunk but lets him drive anyway.

As I said upthread, Mandy Moore has said it will be a long time before all is revealed with Jack's death.

Finally finished this week's episode...I have too many things recording at the same time on Tuesdays I guess (Bones, Face Off, This is Us), and it kicks TiU off and I have to watch on demand :sad2: First world problems, LOL!

Poor Randall this week. I could feel my own chest tighten with the weight of his stress, as every little thing got piled on him and went wrong...he works so hard to take care of everyone else, and to be perfect. I relate to that so much. It hit close to home. I know Kevin leaving the play was irresponsible, but he did the right thing for his family (if in the wrong way, he could have announced that there'd be a delay or something) - which definitely shows growth. He wasn't just thinking about himself (although, he did leave his fellow actors and stage crew in the lurch! Again, he should have said there'd be a delay!). This will damage his career even more, but he risked it because he knew he needed to be there for his brother.
Every week is emotional for me, but the moment between the brothers really did me in. Maybe it's because I have two boys, and I so hope they will be there for one another like that - when it really counts.

Also, glad Kate and Toby are slowing things down...and happy to see such a good side to Miguel! I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's been so unlikeable up to this point.

And I laughed at the Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park comments. It's true! He certainly has something in that movie! I was definitely on the Jeff Goldblum bandwagon in the 90s!! (still am!)

I turned the channel at a commercial and missed a few minutes of the show. Do we know for sure that Kate got kicked out, or is she just assuming it because of what Duke said?

I read an interview w/ the show runner recently. He said by the end of the season we would know part of Jack's death story but not all. He said we would know either exactly when it happened or how it happened, i can't remember which. If i can find the article again, I will post back.

I turned the channel at a commercial and missed a few minutes of the show. Do we know for sure that Kate got kicked out, or is she just assuming it because of what Duke said?

She told Toby that she'd been kicked out because she told Duke off and it turned out that his parents owned the place. We didn't actually *see* them kick her out though.

(I think that part seems a little unbelievable... that *she* would be kicked out for turning down the unwanted advances of the owner's son.)

LOVED the Goldblum comments, I laughed soooooooooooo hard. He has always been a huge crush of mine, and yes, Jurassic Park shows his something :-).

I was so happy with what Kevin did, he put family first, and it was such a huge growth moment for Kevin. Randall was stressing me out so badly last night, and then that last clip of teen Kevin crying in his room, oy!

She told Toby that she'd been kicked out because she told Duke off and it turned out that his parents owned the place. We didn't actually *see* them kick her out though.

(I think that part seems a little unbelievable... that *she* would be kicked out for turning down the unwanted advances of the owner's son.)

Agreed. Duke was such a lothario; Kate couldn't have been the only camper who had problems with him.

Is it just me or does Randall's family not seem to give a damn about his career?

I know LOL!! William just kind of showed up and so did Kevin. He was in the middle of a conversation with his boss. It was really unprofessional for Kevin to do that. Then Beth just guilting him into blowing off the work dinner and going to the chess match.

I know LOL!! William just kind of showed up and so did Kevin. He was in the middle of a conversation with his boss. It was really unprofessional for Kevin to do that. Then Beth just guilting him into blowing off the work dinner and going to the chess match.

LOL yup when she said "I call family night," I laughed. So unrealistic.

And then she will be blaming Randall after he gets fired.

Poor Randall this week. I could feel my own chest tighten with the weight of his stress, as every little thing got piled on him and went wrong...he works so hard to take care of everyone else, and to be perfect. I relate to that so much. It hit close to home. I know Kevin leaving the play was irresponsible, but he did the right thing for his family (if in the wrong way, he could have announced that there'd be a delay or something) - which definitely shows growth.

I totally agree... I too could feel Randalls stress. I lead a very stressful life, and sometimes find myself feeling the same 'the ceiling is caving in' type feelings that Randall was displaying.

Kevin leaving the play: I was shaking my head. He worked SO HARD for this, and he threw it away. Ugh.

I totally agree... I too could feel Randalls stress. I lead a very stressful life, and sometimes find myself feeling the same 'the ceiling is caving in' type feelings that Randall was displaying.

Kevin leaving the play: I was shaking my head. He worked SO HARD for this, and he threw it away. Ugh.

I am not sure how I feel about Kevin leaving the play. On one hand, I can see him leaving because it was his brother and he needed Kevin. Kevin's history with Randall has been to scoff at him when he is having a hard time and then do his own thing. Now, he had the chance to change that and it was admirable.

OTOH, I don't think it was 100% okay to just leave the people at the play floundering. They could not do the play without Kevin. People worked hard on the play and to bail less than a minute before the play was not cool. The girl looked like a fool out on stage alone because Kevin bailed with NO warning.

I get that it's a tv show and the whole point was Kevin doing what Jack would do and finally putting Randall as a priority in his life because to Jack, family was everything. It just seemed a little unfair to the other actors, audience members, writers, backstage crew etc.

I suppose he could have called his mom or Kate to go check on Randall, but I guess it was about Kevin stepping up where Randall is concerned.

I am not sure how I feel about Kevin leaving the play. On one hand, I can see him leaving because it was his brother and he needed Kevin. Kevin's history with Randall has been to scoff at him when he is having a hard time and then do his own thing. Now, he had the chance to change that and it was admirable.

OTOH, I don't think it was 100% okay to just leave the people at the play floundering. They could not do the play without Kevin. People worked hard on the play and to bail less than a minute before the play was not cool. The girl looked like a fool out on stage alone because Kevin bailed with NO warning.

I get that it's a tv show and the whole point was Kevin doing what Jack would do and finally putting Randall as a priority in his life because to Jack, family was everything. It just seemed a little unfair to the other actors, audience members, writers, backstage crew etc.

I suppose he could have called his mom or Kate to go check on Randall, but I guess it was about Kevin stepping up where Randall is concerned.

That bothered me also and made it too far fetched for me to get taken in by the emotion of the brothers sitting on the floor like that. I am not exactly sure why the writers decided Kevin needed to completely destroy his career to have this moment of enlightenment. Now what is he going to do?

But I think this show is losing it's shine for me.

I don't think Kevin destroyed his career. He's financing the play so he can't be fired. He can give a refund to everyone in the audience and then just perform for the other nights that they sold.

Hopefully he can make nice with the New York Times reviewer and get them to come the next night.

LOL yup when she said "I call family night," I laughed. So unrealistic.

And then she will be blaming Randall after he gets fired.

Weird, I don't see that in her personality at all. I completely understand that Randall has been under a ton of stress (most times not telling anyone how bad it is or about all of it), but I just don't really get all the "everyone doesn't care about Randall stuff." I don't know, I just don't see it.

His wife has a career as well, does she not?

Has her FIL living with them, who they knew nothing about. He's palliatve. It brings up tons of feelings for her as she lost her father in a similar manner. She seems to take care of William's needs a lot of the time.

Give her a break. I have no clue why Beth's actions/motives are regularly a source of conversation - usually with a negative slant. She seems like a pretty good damn wife/partner in my eyes.

Okay rant over. :rotfl2: Carry on. :goodvibes

Don't get me wrong, I like Beth quite a bit actually. But last couple of episodes she seems to be getting a bit wrapped up in her own issues/worries and doesn't seem to recognize that Randall has a lot going on.

I find it funny that they all just show up! I worked in NY for 13 years, no one gets in those buildings with out getting past multiple security guards and even turnstyles! It really is "TV"! :rotfl2:lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter