Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Skidmore’s Finest Take On The Animal Kingdom
8/14/19: Reunion With Olivia at DAK!

There were a lot of plans for today. A LOT. And it wasn't like I got up early as I used to since I was definitely very tired and still adjusting to that gatherer life. But FIRST, I took that long bus ride all the way to Cast Connection.

My original intention was to check one last place for a Guardians t-shirt, but again 'twas not to be. Instead I walked away with a $10 banshee. The same as a regular banshee but it was $10 so obviously I bought it rather than scrunching my nose at the thought.

Click to watch!

At the same time, I was texting my good friend from Skidmore, Olivia. They were visiting the Orlando parks with their family and were able to get away for a little bit to hang out with me so that's what we were gonna do today! They somehow thought it good to leave me with the decision to choose the park so I did and went with my beloved DAK. It seemed appropo considering the purchase earlier.

When I got to DAK, Olivia had yet to arrive so I was on my own for a bit and I was STARVING so I stopped by Satul'i Canteen for some grub. By grub, I meant a Chili Garlic Shrimp Bowl with creamy herb sauce and noodles. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

You can never go wrong with Satul'i.

Olivia eventually arrived so I made my way back to the front and hung around Island Mercantile until they showed up with big hugs. Olivia was one of the few people I was still really good friends with that I met on day one when I was at Skidmore so it was super exciting we were getting to hang out in my favorite place. They had graduated a semester before I did because my first program had delayed my graduation so it had been over a year since I last saw them. We caught up, talking about Universal since that was where they had been with their family the past few days and they managed to ride Hagrid's a few times already. They said it was awesome. I had heard many amazing things at this point but had yet to make it over. More reason to head over. They also raved about Revenge of The Mummy. So much to ponder about Universal. After all the talk, Olivia bought the Rainbow Mickey ball cap ears and they said they were hungry so we headed over to Dinoland.

Restaurantosaurus was one place where my discount worked at so I paid for the meal for them as my treat. They got a simple little kids meal which meant we ended up with the pail and shovel, which I took home with me. Olivia didn't want it lol

When we finished up in there, with a little of my help, we both headed over to Pandora as it started to rain. It was really starting to come down so we ended up waiting it out over there. I stopped in Satul'i again and got a Pandora Sunset I believe it was called.

I can't remember anything about this drink if I'm being completely honest. DAK may be pretty high up there for good theme park food, but with drinks... they are kinda forgettable or not as great as they are hyped up to be.

As the rain subsided a little, we decided to brave it and went straight (the straightest we could manage) for FotLK. We ended up in the Giraffe section, which wasn't optimal but we got pretty decent seats.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

The only note I made about this show was that we got a Keume I wasn't familiar with. I'm used to the guy who has been there forever and has the really deep African accent. Instead, we got an Asian man. It threw me off. The show was still good, but that was a shock to my system.

From there, we headed on over to Everest. I had a bit of a headache for some reason. I think it might've been how quickly we'd been moving and lack of water in this weather, but I rode it anyways and we tried for a cute ride photo.

Slay or nay? You tell us.

We went back to Discovery Island after this and hung out in the Trading Post where we had a little too much fun with all the Halloween stuff that was already up along with judging some Lion Guard merchandise choices. I believe the first Halloween party had already happened by now. Don't quote me on that. But we were both living for the fact Halloween had already began.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

We are so extra (read: I'm so extra).

From there, we re-routed back to Dinoland once again to go ride Dinosaur!

Click to watch!

We were pretty hype after that so we stuck around for Triceratop Spin, the dance party and guess what? MORE POPCORN!

Click to watch!

We lowkey were in agreement that Triceratop Spin might be the best one of those attractions Disney has, maybe even better than Dumbo. The soundtrack they have for it really does SLAP.

We then did a whole deja vu round trip by going back to Pandora to see the waits, saw they were abysmal as usual so went on back to Asia. Along the way, Olivia got more popcorn while I got the Malva Cake Sundae.

Yes, it was as good as it looks and it totally cured my headache (the water I got with it helped).

It was then back to Everest where we rode in standby again and then single rider since we both just love her so so much. What can we say?

I saw on instagram my friend Caitlin was hanging out by Pandora so we headed that way to try and ride Flight of Passage with her, but we couldn't catch her and Olivia and I just wanted to ride so we hopped in line. Olivia had never been on it before so I was super excited for their reaction. We luckily didn't have the worst wait and we had each other to keep ourselves occupied. It definitely made the wait go by.

Click to watch!

Olivia thought it was really cool. They didn't give the most excitable response I usually expect from those riding FoP for the first time, but that's generally Olivia's demeanor.

The park had closed by then so we both headed out so Olivia wouldn't worry their family. We quickly stopped in Island Mercantile so I could buy those Candy Corn Ears that I wore earlier. The Asian ICP who rang me up was super cute and thought the ears were pumpkins. Adorable.

Olivia was staying at one of the resorts over at Universal so I helped direct them to the ride share so they could hail an uber properly. I split off to go to the cast parking lot and catch my bus back to Vista. We hugged it out and said goodbye, hoping it wouldn't be too too long until we saw each other again, but glad we had such a good exciting day together.

Then, it was back to getting recharged for whatever the rest of the week brought us. As they say in a song, goodbye until tomorrow!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Stumbled upon your TR and I must say it has been a pleasure to read amidst all this crazy stuff going on in the country today. Thank you

Hello! :welcome: I'm glad this is giving you a nice respite from the craziness. I know it is for me. Hope you'll stick around for what's to come!

Instead I walked away with a $10 banshee. The same as a regular banshee but it was $10 so obviously I bought it
WOW!!! Was it even damaged or anything??? Such a deal.

Perfect day meandering around AK. All the tasty eats (and drink--even if it was forgettable, it looks tasty!) And I adore those candy corn ears. So cute!

The shows, parades, and fireworks are some of the best parts of visiting Disney World! I can't imagine going back while those are closed for social distancing. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon and everything goes back to normal... in the interim, thanks for the awesome photos!😻

WOW!!! Was it even damaged or anything??? Such a deal.

Nope, they were just discontinuing the color so they all were in perfect condition, they just couldn't sell them in the parks so they were discounted majorly at Cast Connection.

Perfect day meandering around AK. All the tasty eats (and drink--even if it was forgettable, it looks tasty!) And I adore those candy corn ears. So cute!

It was! I forgot how much we got done, not to mention how much stuff I ended up buying lmao

The shows, parades, and fireworks are some of the best parts of visiting Disney World! I can't imagine going back while those are closed for social distancing. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon and everything goes back to normal... in the interim, thanks for the awesome photos!😻

They are, but Disney World in general is completely shut down at the moment so it's not even gonna be a matter of those being closed. I doubt they would open without having those offerings. And same, granted they'll probably reopen before a vaccine is readily available. Glad you're enjoying the photos though!

INDY! FINALLY!!!
8/15 – 8/17/19: More Days on Batuu

August 15th, 2019

I was back on the Batuu grind today with an 11 hour shift. The shift began outside where it downpoured. I luckily was at credit transactor, but due to how this land was essentially built in the same way as California's in terms of weather, my feet got pretty drenched out there. After I got my first break, I was a gatherer for the rest of the evening so I didn't have to deal with the elements outside again.

It was also during this shift that I finally worked again with my trainer, Shana, who was so happy to see me since I was the only one of her trainees who had been pulled for Savi's. I was pretty proud of that.

I actually got out at a decent time at around 9:30pm and somehow managed to find a seat on the first packed bus home. Big score!

I ended the night with Ramen and watching some more Dear White People. This was also the evening that Normani dropped her single Motivation and Taylor Swift dropped Lover, both of which became a constant aspect of my playlists as the program went on. Especially Lover.

August 16th, 2019

Today I was back to not very long shifts so I decided I would stop inside the park for a bit. I didn't do much since I mostly just was hoping to be off-planet for a minute. I also have a fondness for One Man's Dream so I tend to hang out in there.

After that quick visit, it was time to go to work. I don't remember too too much. I do remember I was hanging out with Amalia and Amy, two of the trainers I met while in Savi's. We had a pretty chill and fun night overall. Nothing crazy, just a good time. I also know my friend Sam from Sunset drove me home. That's all. Nothing exciting on this day. (Fair warning, we are soon-to-be hitting that point in this TR where work days kinda blend together and I sadly won't have too too much to write about.)

August 17th, 2019

I also had a rather short shift today since it was Media day so I once again went into the park beforehand.

Click to watch!

I don't know why it took me so long to notice that or at least to take a video of it, but it still makes me sad. I loved that little topiary.

I believe I went to Sunset to first to see if I could say hi to some people but instead I ran into the Citizens of Hollywood doing their thing. I always love watching them and this was one of the few times I really could stand there and see the whole performance.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

After they split off to go on their way, I decided it was no better day than today to finally go catch Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. I had been trying to see it FOREVER and never could, but it finally crossed my mind, I had the time so I was gonna go see the next showing.

I ended up finding pretty decent seats close to the front since I was by myself. Unfortunately because I was by myself, I didn't feel comfortable volunteering to be in the show, which I normally so would but I had stuff to carry around, it would not work out well with what I knew they'd be doing. They had a pretty funny group, but some of them really needed to amp up the excitement lol

After they were chosen, the show finally began!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I really enjoyed this show. It probably is my favorite stunt show I've seen at Disney. I wish I had been able to watch this all those years I sat in those godawful bleaches for Lights, Motors, Action. There's a reason that that's long gone now and this is here. It's so much more exciting. Also, Indiana Jones was one of the first action movies I ever watched and lowkey might've been a moment of... realization for Timmy. Just think about Harrison Ford in those films, especially in Temple of Doom. Gayby Timmy had no chance lol

Once I got out of that show, I was made craving some refreshment so I got a Root Beer Float from Epic Eats.

Not gonna lie, I'm craving one right now. Root Beer Floats are the best.

Once I finished that, it was time to go back on-planet!

Today I got another surprise stock shift. Well... I thought it wasn't gonna be since they started separating stock from Market/Carts but alas I was sent back to stocking First Order Cargo. It was a Media Event day so it was pretty chill. I didn't have much to stock since not many people were buying. However, Media Event meant free booze for all the patrons so we had some interesting interactions.

I was working with Triniti at First Order, who eventually became one of my close friends on SWGE, and she took her job at FO very seriously. She was trying to recruit everyone. She even tried to recruit this one guy who was clearly plastered and pronounced Darth Maul's name as "Dark Moth", it was pretty funny. We had many of those types coming through and they were so much fun to talk with. Oh, wild wild times.

At the end of the night as everyone peetered out, I had Triniti take a photo of me in front of the Tie Echelon so I'd have some balance in my dark and light photos.

You also can see how it was a Media Event since they had tables set up throughout the land for them to enjoy food and drink. (But mostly drink.)

Eventually, Mike, my former coordinator on Sunset now leader in Galaxy's Edge, came through and said we could start to close! It was great finally seeing him.

And with that, we ended another period of shifts at the edge of the galaxy. Stick around, we're traveling to other galaxies tomorrow for a special bittersweet celebration.

Continue Here

Last edited:
It's Just Beginning...
6/3/19: Check-In Day

The day had finally arrived! I ended up waking up before the alarms went off at 6:15am and my dad woke up when his got up. We brushed our teeth then headed down for some complimentary breakfast.

It was a nice basic spread, but perfect for someone who's not a breakfast person. I didn't take any pics, thought I did, but apparently I did. However, it was just your usual fare like I said. I got some Canadian Bacon, Chicken Sausage and Eggs with a cup of Apple Juice. I finished most of it since I had a bit of a headache from the night before and it really helped re-hydrate myself and get me on my feet. I don't remember what my dad got, but he always finishes lol

After I was done, we threw away our food then went back to our room to get ready for the day and to check out. You probably know the drill so need to discuss that in detail, but we did our usual stuff (shower & so), packed up, brought our luggage that we came in with out to the car and checked out at the front desk. During that, I texted my roommates who were all checking in before me and found out that we got the 2 bedroom 4 person we had hoped! Woohoo, figures were crossed it was the same apartment as my first program.

Anyways, back to us leaving and driving off to Vista...

It took longer than expected so we were getting VERY close to my check-in time. There was also some traffic on the way to Vista Way so we got there right at my check-in.

Check-in was a bit different from my first program. It was at Vista, but instead of going to the service center that is straight on from the entrance, we went to the back of the complex and there were signs guiding the way to another building entirely, which was bigger and more decorated. A lot more fanfare than my first program.

I had my dad drop me off while he found a spot and I could go right into going through check-in.

The process went like this. I walked up to a guy at the front who asked for my name and last name to hand me my program manual. It had my apartment number, what size it was and my apartment key. From there, I got into a line to get my picture for my housing ID, which was the longest waiting I had at this part.

Click to watch!

After quickly getting that done, I got into a shorter line to check in with another cast member who gave me the Communicator, which is basically the events calendar for CPs and the lowdown on things. He also checked my photo ID and such, just confirming I was there I guess and directing me to where my building was. The cast member I went up to was actually a legacy winner (the ones with the blue nametags), which was pretty cool since they are so rare at WDW. I met quite a few at Disneyland, but WDW... never. He was really nice and welcomed me back when he saw I was an alum. I talked with a few of the cast members I interacted with in this process about my past programs as well as where I was going to be working. It was very fun, felt like home again.

After, he finished up, I clumped around this woman who handed me my housing ID as well as a lanyard and a special program magnet. I actually grabbed the lanyard before she even got to it since I thought I was supposed to, but it was not the case. Ooop, awkward.

And that was the end of my check-in! WOOHOO!

I went out and played a little telephone tag with my dad trying to find him so we could move the car closer to where my building was, which wasn't too too far from where we checked in but still enough of a distance we weren't going to lug things from where we were parked. We needed to be a SMIDGE closer.

For the record, I wasn't in back in my old apartment or building, it was total opposite side of the complex. My old apartment was right across from the bus loop basically, like you could see it from the other side, but this one wasn't too too far, just a straight walk from behind the bus loop. It also was behind the basketball court, which was convenient for someone but not me who don't do sports.

Anyways, we found a spot real close to my building and lugged everything up to the third floor to room #1910. When I got there, it was only Will and Zach along with Zach's mom that were in the apartment. Carlos had casting almost right after check-in so he had already left for the bus. I said hi to everyone but kinda had to make it quick before whatever I was carrying tore off a limb. We did carry them up three floors.

We then went back one more time to get everything into the apartment and went right to work, which was pretty awkward with four people in a tiny room filled with suitcases and things just strewn everywhere. Not my favorite environment to be unpacking in so I definitely struggled especially since my dad was so bent on helping so I was ordering him around. Normally, things are dropped off in my room and people leave so I can be in my own headspace, but not to be today. I was being asked a lot of questions and it just was difficult. Zach and Will eventually left to make their casting appointment and my dad and I were all awkwardly left in the room with Zach's mom. It was awkward because she was trying to make decisions to accommodate Zach and such, which I understand but I kinda would've rather done it with Zach than his third party.

I did still get done with most of my unpacking and got my room looking somewhat like my own.

My dad noticed however I had pretty banged up shoes when I unpacked though so he decided he would take me to the outlets for new ones before I had to go to Casting so we headed out and visited the Orlando Premium Outlets for the first time ever (yes, even after a whole program I still hadn't gone here).

We originally went to check out Converse but we went into Vans first and I ended up getting my first pair of Vans. I did remind him after that I had two shoes that were pretty gone so we went into Converse and I got these really cute teal converse that are now my new favorite things to wear. Both of them are super cute though. I didn't take photos so here are some copped ones from Zumiez:

Vans-Slip-On-Black-%26-Pewter-Checkered-Skate-Shoes-_292841-front-US.jpg

13411_193923_1.jpg

Once we were done that, we went back to Vista and quickly dropped them off then went to lunch. My dad wasn't too hungry but I needed something before Casting so we tried Wendy's outside Vista but the line was too long so I asked if my dad could drop me off at Casting so I could get my bearings on where it was in relation to Springs then go pick something up in Springs. We did just that and said our goodbyes in the Springs parking lot.

Definitely would be a long while before I saw him again so it was definitely a bit sadder than expected, but I left him to go relax in a nice air conditioned airport for many many hours haha

I needed food before Casting so I hopped over the bridge where it dropped me by World of Disney.

On the way over, I was messaging some people in a group chat about meeting up and one girl, Sonnet, responded so I met up with her and her friend, Claire, outside WoD. We talked for a bit then I ran off and grabbed a churro and a soda before Sonnet and I went to our Casting. Claire's wasn't until 2:30pm so she chilled in Springs while we were at Casting.

Sonnet was a first timer so it was pretty fun watching her go through Casting and seeing the little details in the building, which I think made the experience better for me since it was my third time.

I still love the cutest door knobs ever. If only they made noises and whiny comments like in the movie.

Casting went a little differently than the last time I remember. Of course, it would be since we found out our location on itinerary this program whereas last time we weren't supposed to find out until Casting, which mean we were held in the vestibule but instead we were held in this corner hall where they were coming around asking for alumni. It was both to give out the special alumni button but also get anyone who still had their blue ID from their last program to return it. I returned mine so I just got the button. Yay!

I also was just in love with what was on the wall in the hall we were held in. Look at Miss Tink looking cute!

I'll give you a quick lowdown on what happened at Casting following that initial waiting game.

It went a little differently than I remembered. From what I remembered, it started with finding out your location, which was now irrelevant to the casting process since we already were aware of our location, so instead we went right into fingerprinting and getting our photos taken for our IDs. Fingerprinting was originally the last thing I dealt with but this time, it was the first. We also didn't get our photos on our blue IDs so that was new. After that was finished, which ended up being so much smoother than I originally expected, we were led out back to the entrance and up the stairs where we were led to a room where everything in our on-boarding was confirmed by our I-9 documents. This was the first thing I did on my first CP in Orlando and it was in an office space rather than an open room with tables and tablets. It worked much more efficiently and less stressfully. The lady who was doing it for me was super sweet. We talked a little about my prior programs and it just was really nice. The woman who did my fingerprints was also an absolute sweetie too. After that, we had Disney Look check then we were free to go, which ended up being pretty irrelevant to me since I'm basically a pro at that and after the CM did his spiel I told him I was an alum which led to an awkward "Oh." moment. It was fine. I went merrily on my way, knowing the alum card needed to be pulled out a bit more.

Sonnet was a bit ahead of me at the end so I power walked up to her down the ramp out when I looked up and noticed this:

Casting has NO RIGHT to be as cute as it is.

We slowly made our way out, passing by this little Aladdin advertisement that I just couldn't pass up taking a pic of:

Back out into the heat, we went. You'd think that wouldn't be welcome but while we were in fingerprinting, we saw a downpour come through and we didn't see it end so we weren't sure if it was warm out again. Bless Mother Nature, it was and we could continue our day without thinking it would just be wet wet WET.

Getting back into Springs, I mentioned about how we should get photos with the Mickey topiary and pots fountain. Sonnet agreed that was a fabulous idea so here is what she managed to get of me:

After that, we decided to go find Claire thus concluding our check-in journey that day. We now had time to do what we wanted until our Traditions date on Friday, which we had found out was the same so you'll definitely be hearing more from these first day peeps. The fun has only just begun with WDWCP Fall '19 fam.

Continue Here

I’m very slow in my catching up. Quarantining with a 16 month old is hard!

I knew they’d changed the whole process of check in, but it’s still striking just how different it is from my program.

They had tents in the parking lot at Vista Way with little stations set up that you worked your way through til you got inside and were assigned an apartment and given your ID. Roommate were assigned basically by the order you checked in. And NO trips to Casting. One of the stations in the tent had a packet of basic info which gave your location but I had no idea what it meant. I thought I was backlot. Turned out it meant Indy/Tattooine. Had to find that out on my Studios tour.

I swear the official and unofficial alumni groups make me want a do over.😂

Instead I just have to hope my daughter does the program when she’s old enough so I can relive it vicariously through her.

Ain't No Party Like A CP Party
6/6/19: Housing Event & Photoshoot

As I mentioned before, we were home for a quick minute before we headed on over to Chatham for the housing event. We got there a half hour before the event actually began and there was already quite the line (hence why I forced Zach to get there early). In our waiting, we felt some drizzles and were soon joined by Kat and her friend, Adi. We were very well occupied in waiting to be let into the event. This is how long the line was ahead of us and the event hadn't even been opened to us yet.

Eventually, a little after the event's start time we were let in. I immediately dragged my group over to get in line for the meet and greet. The rumor was since this was a France themed event ("A City of Lights" it was called) that the characters meeting were Remy and Emile as well as Marie. There also was speculation about Hunchback characters or Marie with her brothers Toulouse and Berlioz. I wasn't sure but I knew if Marie was in there I HAD to meet her. Also Remy and Emile since I never met them before either (but I LOVE Marie). It just had to be done.

However, wasn't the same for my friends. They all didn't care enough so they ended up leaving me and I waited it out. I became friends with a group of girls in line in front of me so talking with them made the time go by until finally, it was revealed who was inside...

As predicted, it was Remy, Emile and Marie. They were all so much fun to meet as you can tell. Remy and Emile and I talked about cooking up some ratatouille together then all of us sharing it. I also love the photo we got with that little mouse pose. Marie was even better because you KNOW I love my sassy queen.

giphy.gif

We talked about her powerful presence as well as practicing our scales and arpeggios as you can tell. She sounded lovely as you probably assumed. Overall, I was so happy after meeting them and UGH I WISH MARIE MET REGULARLY LIKE SHE DOES IN OTHER PARKS. (Also, they really should've brought out her brothers).

After I immediately beelined for the free food. They had pizza and sodas and such. I grabbed what I could and although I planned on sitting down I ended up carrying my food to the stage where the DJ was starting to give out prizes. I tried my best since I had some things he asked for but I was not nearly quick enough. I even threw my food at Zach at one point in order to give me the hands to pull my phone out for the pic with Marie. It was crazy and it just got crazier...

Now, the rest of the night was wild so here is a mess of videos and photos then I'll explain what went down.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

What a blast this housing event was omg I thought I'd only stay to a certain point than have a little wine night in my room after, but NO I stayed for the entire event beginning to end. I ended up running into Sonnet, Claire, Dana and a few others throughout the night. I made friends on the dance floor and got snapchats. It was crazy. I also took advantage of the photo booth and some photo ops with Claire and Sonnet (shoutout to Sonnet again with her bomb photo abilities). I also caught the living statue guy at one point in the night (and if you can't tell by my hair sis was GETTING A WORKOUT). The DJ was playing some serious CP music. We were doing the Wobble, the Cupid Shuffle, the Hoedown Throwdown, We're All In This Together, Tik Tok, etc. It was SOOOOO much fun. So much that people who said they weren't gonna stay the whole time ended up almost getting me to stay. Ugh, this definitely ties with the graduation event at the end of my CP at Disneyland for best housing event. I can't wait until the next ones and get to party it up with all my new friends from work along with those I still keep in contact with from day one. Seriously though, this was just the beginning and I'm already a whole month later here. Oh, if this was the beginning... you know you are in for it.

Just to quickly rush through what happened after, I went home and did ya know... what 21+'s do after dry parties... which was fun too. We love that after the long day I had. Helps me sleep. However, tomorrow was TRADITIONS DAY and although I was afternoon Traditions for the first time EVER I needed sleep and I'm sure you will too. Like I said... third time's the charm.

Continue Here

Gah! We older CPs seriously got cheated! We had a couple snacks by the Vista Way pool while my roommates and I pretended to not recognize the name when some douche tried to hit on us by claiming he was related to a Backstreet Boy (again, almost 20 years ago 😂).

We never got ANYTHING like this. Even graduation was breakfast, a speech, appearance by Mickey (not even pics with), then back to Vista Way.

The College Program got SO much cooler.

I’m very slow in my catching up. Quarantining with a 16 month old is hard!

I knew they’d changed the whole process of check in, but it’s still striking just how different it is from my program.

They had tents in the parking lot at Vista Way with little stations set up that you worked your way through til you got inside and were assigned an apartment and given your ID. Roommate were assigned basically by the order you checked in. And NO trips to Casting. One of the stations in the tent had a packet of basic info which gave your location but I had no idea what it meant. I thought I was backlot. Turned out it meant Indy/Tattooine. Had to find that out on my Studios tour.

I swear the official and unofficial alumni groups make me want a do over.😂

Instead I just have to hope my daughter does the program when she’s old enough so I can relive it vicariously through her.

You're all good. I'm moving rather fast on this TR anyways so hopefully that gives you something to occupy yourself for awhile.

I remember when it used to be that way. I had been researching the program since 2011 abouts and back then they were still doing that process. I think it might've been around 2014 or 2015 where they changed the process. I mean, it's even changed between 2016 and 2019. They are always changing it up to improve the efficiency of it all.

Omg you're really throwing it back with mentioning the Backlot. I was borderline dancing on its grave with my eventual transfer to Batuu. Miss that area of the park.

Gah! We older CPs seriously got cheated! We had a couple snacks by the Vista Way pool while my roommates and I pretended to not recognize the name when some douche tried to hit on us by claiming he was related to a Backstreet Boy (again, almost 20 years ago 😂).

We never got ANYTHING like this. Even graduation was breakfast, a speech, appearance by Mickey (not even pics with), then back to Vista Way.

The College Program got SO much cooler.

Oh wow, that's wild. That definitely was a CP before my time. As far as I know, housing events have been pretty regular for a minute now.

I will say, dumb stuff like a guy claiming his relation to a celebrity to try to get with people... that still happens. Facebook pages, in the housing complexes, etc. It might be CPs from different times but... still CPs.

The Character Interludes, Which Includes Me, I’m A Character
8/18/19: Last Day of Awesome Mix Live ☹

When it comes to Disney, the goodbyes are pretty common. The parks are in a constant state of reinventing themselves or adjusting for the seasons. At this time, Awesome Mix Live, a constant in my Epcot days, was closing for the summer. I was blessed with getting the day off to spend the entire day with my favorite Xandarians as well as Star Lord, Groot and my Taurus queen, Gamora.

I got up super early on this day to make sure I did my face. I had to look good for my favorite aliens.

I went to Studios first since I had to drop off some stuff in my locker. That evening was one of the whole cast photos for Galaxy's Edge so I needed a change of clothes that I didn't want to haul around with me. Unfortunately, in the midst of getting that together and my make-up, I forgot some really important things so I had to get back on the bus, go all the way back to Vista, grab more things than come back. So much for having all the time in the world to make the first showing of Awesome Mix Live that day.

Anyways, I got back to Studios and went on my way to Epcot at a rapid speed.

I made it there just in time to catch the first show. I missed a bit of the opening and I didn't get a great seat but I made it there!

Click to watch!

So far going so well. Four more shows to go!

After all of that, I still had more time left before the next show and I noticed that there were some characters hanging out by the American Adventure so I went to say hi.

It was a bit hectic and I kinda was running around like crazy trying to catch all the characters. I almost missed meeting Goofy because this family cut me and I just was not in the mood to make a scene. For some reason, they said I should get to meet him and so I did, but it literally was a photo and I bounced. Later I found out through some really weird grapevine that I had actually made a good impression on the many friends I took selfies with that day. Feels good to know that I wasn't being a nuisance meeting all those characters.

After that character palooza adventure, I then got in line for the show and before I knew it was back in it for the next round.

Click to watch!

Three more shows to go.

I had some time before the next show so I went inside the American Adventure to watch a little bit of the Voices of Liberty.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was back in line again for the third show.

Now, for an actual break in between shows. I decided it was a better time than any to go get some food so I went to Japan to try some new options at the Katsura Grill.

I decided to get the Teriyaki Chicken and some Sake.

In all honesty, this was probably the worst full meal I've had at Epcot. First, straight sake is real nasty alcohol. I can take vodka straight, but sake straight... nah, it's like drinking rubbing alcohol. Nope, not for me. Then, the teriyaki... it literally looked like the homemade stuff my mom made for years which I was never a fan of and it tasted even worse. I was so disappointed. My last meal at Katsura was so so good and felt so authentic, this felt manufactured. I was very upset. I did eat it just to get my fill, but I wasn't too happy. To make up for it, I got myself some Melon Kakigori with Sweet Milk.

So so good and washed down that awful sake taste.

It was around this time, Alexis P had arrived at Epcot and she wanted to meet up. I told her I was chilling in line and to head over as soon as she could. She said she wanted a margarita so she might not make it.

Luckily, she did and we caught up in line as well as met some full time cast members in line. It was nice and it was cool not being alone for a little bit. Eventually, we were let in and snagged some good seats near the front.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

When the show let out, Alexis said she was gonna go since she had come directly from work. I said I was staying for the rest of the evening so I said goodbye and continued to do my thing. But I had lots of time now before the last show so what to do now?

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Day I Became A Strawberry
6/12/19: First Day of On-The-Job Training

Hello and welcome to the first of many chapters to come where there are...

NO.
PICTURES.

Or at least very little.

As I might've pre-warned, there are some days where I'm just so busy and get so tired after all the craziness of being a CP that I just... I go to work and then I go to sleep. There's nothing really that comes before or after.

This was the first of those types of days and of course, it was my first day of on-the-job training at Sunset Boulevard or as it is known by cast members, Tier One.

To give a brief overview of how my training is set up for merchandise or at least those in general locations that don't require extra knowledge outside of most basic merch info (i.e. Galaxy's Edge, etc.), there are three days. First day is Tier One, second day is... Tier Three (?) and third day is Tier Four, which is also your assessment day. We're not there yet and they all are very unique defined days in their own way so we're gonna start with today. Today was Tier One and at the time we were just told to show up to our training on time in regular every day clothes. We met our trainers right outside of Costuming, who were Erin, Cindi and James respectively. The group of us trainees was me, Caitlin (who I met at Merchandise Core the day before), Sam, Blakely and Morgan. If you do the math, I was the only guy there, which didn't feel odd or weird until we clocked in and immediately went right to...

GETTING OUR COSTUME!!

Yup, today was the day where we were getting our costumes. I had a feeling it would be considering my experience as a Cast Member but this was cooler. Previously, I'd only ever warn the Custodial whites. The only difference in how that went between my two programs is Disneyland actually tailors your costume for you so I had to get measurements taken over there. Still, same exact costume.

This time I'd be trying on something new and today I found out I'd get to wear THREE DIFFERENT COSTUMES. Yup, I didn't get one new costume to try but THREE. Two of which have since been discontinued and changed, but we'll get to that. We did spend quite a bit of time finding costumes so we all would be set with what we needed before actually getting to the crux of training which was actually on location at Sunset. James and I pretty much got through it very quickly since I was the only guy who needed to be taken care of and I was pretty familiar with most Disney sizing so I was in and out fairly quickly. Once everyone in the group had finished, the trainers sent us all to get into the ICONIC Strawberry outfit before we headed over to the location.

I'll just post a selfie I took in it from a later date to show you what I mean by "Strawberry" (granted the female is truly more the Strawberry). They actually had different pet names for each costume. The other two were known as the Blueberry (yes, we might've stolen from the Character Attendants lol) and Mud (for guys)/Sunflower (for girls). Again, we'll get to that soon enough.

First, I present to you: the Strawberry...

Peep the "Earning My Ears" tag I sported too.

It was definitely my first instance of a Disney costume not fitting me right. As you know, I am VERY thin. This costume definitely catered to a time of more filled out men I guess so it kinda felt like a tent on me especially with the suspenders. It also was the most effort with a costume I've had yet since I did have to tie that tie everyday. I'm sure you're thinking that sounds weird to say but having worked in plenty of other locations... this is one of the only places where the tie isn't a clip-on. Yeah, weird. We also couldn't roll up the sleeves so yeah it would get HOT. I still rocked it, especially since I found out later on that the costume is based off Walt's look when he first met Lillian and vice versa. Ugh, Sunset... my heart.

ANYWAYS, all of us now in our Sunset best headed on over to the actual location. I'm not gonna go into too much detail as it was a rather slow day. Tier One is essentially just a day for us to get to know the location, know how to get there, where things are, certain policies and procedures, what we sell, how to keep up-to-date on things in the shops, meet coordinators and leaders, introduce us to our break area/cafeteria Take 5 (miss her), etc. We also got to pin trade for the first time ever today too. It was really fun. My training at Disneyland as you know kinda dragged for a whole week where it was a lot of repeat information. This was new and it was fun and exciting. Everyone was so nice and it felt like a nice little family. I met many people that I still talk with today. Even if many have long left Sunset. INCLUDING MY MAIN TRAINER, ERIN, WHOSE LAST DAY WAS THE FOLLOWING DAY. Wild.

(Spoiler alert or whatever: Caitlin is the only one of the group I traveled with who is still around at Disney. Sam and Morgan both got moved to Galaxy's Edge with me, but both left once their programs ended. I still work with Sam's boyfriend. Blakely was one of the few who was not moved, but we still remain in touch as we spent all of our training days together and many days working together. She was gonna extend but has since left the company for other opportunities. Cindi and James still work on Sunset as far as I know.)

All-in-all, it was a pretty cool day. Again, felt long since it was mostly walking and just describing things and getting us acquainted with the Merchandise role, particularly in the context of Sunset. We did split off from the main group which is where I got to really know Erin and Blakely. It was unfortunate Erin was leaving as she was the trainer I immediately hit it off with. I've found out since that her and one of my favorite coordinators at SWGE were pretty close so I love that Sunset fam still exists.

We also had some pretty cool and fun character run-ins. When we first walked on-stage from costuming, Donald gave us high 5s on his way to meet guests. On our way out, we ran into Captain Phasma and the Stormtroopers before they had to march. We also got to see what was gonna be the training trailer for Galaxy's Edge. It's called Oga's Hangar. We all were super excited about it, little did we know what the future held for us there (I've been in it many times since lol).

After all that, it was time for us to clock out and go. I grabbed as much as I could for costume needs, just to make sure I at least had one of each. Some pieces weren't there so I had to wait for those in the coming days, but for the most part I was set and headed out to catch the bus back to Vista. Between today and yesterday I was exhausted so nothing happened after except sleeping and eating in good ole Vista Way 1910. Don't worry. Another day of training coming right up.

Continue Here

Aww, I always loved running into characters at work. My favorite was Christmas Day. I volunteered to work the morning shift because my mom and aunt were flying in that evening. So that afternoon I was leaving Tattooine Traders from the back and here come the penguins from Mary Poppins heading onstage. I froze with excitement. I don’t recall ever seeing them out before. They waved. I nearly cried.

I ❤️ Friends of characters who realize that the CMs are fans too and include them in the magic.

You're all good. I'm moving rather fast on this TR anyways so hopefully that gives you something to occupy yourself for awhile.

I remember when it used to be that way. I had been researching the program since 2011 abouts and back then they were still doing that process. I think it might've been around 2014 or 2015 where they changed the process. I mean, it's even changed between 2016 and 2019. They are always changing it up to improve the efficiency of it all.

Omg you're really throwing it back with mentioning the Backlot. I was borderline dancing on its grave with my eventual transfer to Batuu. Miss that area of the park.

Oh wow, that's wild. That definitely was a CP before my time. As far as I know, housing events have been pretty regular for a minute now.

I will say, dumb stuff like a guy claiming his relation to a celebrity to try to get with people... that still happens. Facebook pages, in the housing complexes, etc. It might be CPs from different times but... still CPs.

Yeah, we definitely got the sad predecessor to the current events they have to CPs. I’m hoping to make it to one of the reunions to make up for it. My husband is fine with doing a long weekend for the one coming up in January (if it doesn’t get bumped) but I feel weird about taking my mom to be a babysitter since we can’t take our daughter to half of the events and she’s still so little I don’t want to be 1000 miles away from her.

I can only imagine how much worse the flirting is now with social media (hell, my program was before MySpace 😂😂😂). If they only realized how silly they look. But sadly some girls actually fall for it. 🤦‍♀️

"For The Terrans." So Long, Star Lords!
8/18/19: Last Day of Awesome Mix Live ☹

Before the last show, I decided I would go stop by and see my darling sweet Aurora. She didn't have too bad a line since everyone was probably over at the American Adventure. I needed the break from there though.

One of my favorite meets I've had with Aurora and the photos were fantastic. I ended up giving the attendant a cast compliment because they were so great. They clearly knew how to do this all the while Aurora and I were having an awesome convo about dragons, particularly Figment. It was fun. I also love how in these photos I look shady af while talking to Aurora. I don't know if it's the make-up or I really was just making some weird faces at her. I don't care, it was iconic.

When I finished with her, I realized I never got a button for Awesome Mix Live so I went around looking for one. On the way, I stopped by Club Cool for a quick drink then continued my search.

Click to watch!

Unfortunately, everywhere was out of "I'm Celebrating" buttons and it was almost time so I got in line for the last show.

Once again, while I waited, I made some more friends who were also cast members. Well... I think one was. Or they might've been the same Full Timers. I can't remember. I just know I ended up sitting with them and talking with them after the show, getting one of their instagrams. Pretty cool how that happens when you do things like see all 5 showings of one show in one day. For Awesome Mix Live, worth it and the rewards add up.

Sadly, I was walking into the last show of Awesome Mix Live until next year if it came back again for the summer (which is seeming less and likely right now *sniffles*).

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I was so emotional. What a great way to end a great summer with the Xandarian Chamber Orchestra. The whole day was great. Weather was great. And so many fun moments during these last shows. From Gamora's "For the Ladies", an obsession during one show with a bird in the audience, the lead singer quipping about "Star guy" and some other madness, it was so much fun. I even noticed in the reserved area a whole bunch of other cast members from the show watching it. So so cute of them to support their work family on their last day. I really had the best time. Heck, I even caught the VoL singing "Seize The Day"! I had the best time. I said goodbye to the friends I'd made that evening, went to the bathroom to wipe off all my make-up then rushed off to Studios for the Galaxy's Edge photo.

Click to watch!

The fun clearly wasn't over. Despite having to rush into costume and book it over to planet, praying the whole way that nobody would notice that some of my make-up didn't exactly come off. Make-up always takes days for me to fully get it off. It clings to my eyelids like me to any of the male of the species that gives me any sort of attention.

Ok, I really need to stop with those dumb jokes.

Anyways, I had no issues with my eye make-up, nobody noticed and I was only there for the photo so no leader had the time to realize there were little shreds of eyeliner and mascara still there. It wouldn't even show up in the photo.

The photo ended up turning out to be this huge event where Phil Holmes, the VP of Hollywood Studios, was there talking to us as well as having a ribbon cutting. It was wild. Being on an opening team was just so surreal. Wow.

I'll save that photo for my opening day post. I'll also post the one from the next morning since they had two photo shoots in case some couldn't make it to one or the other. I wasn't doing the morning because I prefer sleep. I also had plans to go to Jellyrolls today after the photoshoot.

However, by the time we had managed to clock out, I was pooped. Not to mention, Eric from Oga's offered me a ride home so I was all out. Somehow when I got home I didn't pass out immediately and chilled with my roomie until I somehow hit that wall that my adrenaline prevented me from hitting and I was out, dreaming of the amazing day I just had.

Zardu Hasselfrau, until next time.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Aww, I always loved running into characters at work. My favorite was Christmas Day. I volunteered to work the morning shift because my mom and aunt were flying in that evening. So that afternoon I was leaving Tattooine Traders from the back and here come the penguins from Mary Poppins heading onstage. I froze with excitement. I don’t recall ever seeing them out before. They waved. I nearly cried.

I ❤️ Friends of characters who realize that the CMs are fans too and include them in the magic.

Omg, how exciting for you! It definitely must've been Characterpalooza since that usually happened on Streets of America back in the day. Or they had a special thing with them during the Osbourne Lights. I don't know, but I love hearing your stories.

Back in the day when I met characters regularly, I have many stories from running into friends of characters backstage including once having lunch with one of them during their shift. They were all always so lovely and still are for the ones who I still know that are working for the company.

Yeah, we definitely got the sad predecessor to the current events they have to CPs. I’m hoping to make it to one of the reunions to make up for it. My husband is fine with doing a long weekend for the one coming up in January (if it doesn’t get bumped) but I feel weird about taking my mom to be a babysitter since we can’t take our daughter to half of the events and she’s still so little I don’t want to be 1000 miles away from her.

I can only imagine how much worse the flirting is now with social media (hell, my program was before MySpace 😂😂😂). If they only realized how silly they look. But sadly some girls actually fall for it. 🤦‍♀️

The DCP having a sad predecessor seems so funny to me because I really doubt it was. I mean, me making it to those housing events was out of sheer luck and some persistence to move my schedule around. You should definitely go! Those alum events look so cool. If I wasn't a broke post-grad, I'd totally do it. Instead I'm just returning as a cast member again and again lol

Omg, I have stories. Stories of which I shall not be sharing on this TR because I'd probably get banned lmao

Nope, they were just discontinuing the color so they all were in perfect condition, they just couldn't sell them in the parks so they were discounted majorly at Cast Connection.
WHAT?! And he is like the absolute perfect color, too!!! Amazing.

First, straight sake is real nasty alcohol. I can take vodka straight, but sake straight... nah, it's like drinking rubbing alcohol. Nope, not for me.
Absolutely agree. Straight up nasty.

The photo ended up turning out to be this huge event where Phil Holmes, the VP of Hollywood Studios, was there talking to us as well as having a ribbon cutting. It was wild. Being on an opening team was just so surreal. Wow.
So awesome. I love that you were able to be part of an opening team--I can't even imagine how amazing that would be ON TOP of just being part of the magic. Surreal is exactly the right word.

WHAT?! And he is like the absolute perfect color, too!!! Amazing.

Yup. Sometimes we luck out with stuff like that.

Absolutely agree. Straight up nasty.

When it's mixed with enough other things (I'll talk about that later during F&W), it's great but on its own. Nope.

So awesome. I love that you were able to be part of an opening team--I can't even imagine how amazing that would be ON TOP of just being part of the magic. Surreal is exactly the right word.

I constantly have to remind myself what it was like because it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I wish I could do it all over again (especially on days like this).

I'm not a big Halloween person, but the Halloween ears are so cute!

They are! Thank you!

Hello my darling readers!

I don't do these messages as often, but today is May the 4th, which was going to be a pretty special day on my home planet that I oh so dearly missed so I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge today. The spirit of Black Spire will forever change you know, ya know.

May the FOURTH be with you, loves, and may the spires keep you. Always.

Including A Casual Outing On The BoardWalk

8/19 – 8/20/19: Summer Days On And Off-Planet

August 19th, 2019

I arrived at work slightly early today. I was on a mission.

Of course, this was just a facade. I was headed to Epcot today as my darling dear friend, Kaitlyn, had said she was there with her family and I wanted to go to surprise her. Of course, I also needed to get my hand on some buttons to celebrate a reunion over 3 years in the waiting.

Unfortunately, I had missed her. I tried playing it off her instagram posts and instagram stories but I couldn't keep up well enough. Eventually, I just left World Showcase with nothing to show for it so I apologize for the lacking of photos from there. I was really making sure there was NO WAY she would know I was there.

Lucky for me as I sulked back on over to Studios, I ran into some friends on the BoardWalk.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

They were just casually hanging out along the Board Walk, waving at boats and greeting all their friends. All in their seaside best. Oh, what a blessing it was to see them after my failed mission.

I couldn't stay for long as I did have a shift today. I went to cast services, waved to the old cast services along the way, which you can actually see from guest parking (if you've ever walked this way with me, I probably have pointed it out to you) and changed in there before some lunch at the Intermission cast cafeteria then to work.

Batuu was rather crowded today and of course that meant they had me outside. First, I was courtyard greeter where it downpoured and I had to hide under an umbrella on my little island of lonesomeness and checking in everyone. I took my break and got to be what was known as standby greeter at the time, which I had so much fun with. I ended the night as a gatherer. Closing was a bit difficult on this night, but I got drive home by a friend, whom I believe was Triniti but I never wrote a name on this night for some reason lol

As soon as I got home, I had a little snack then crashed. It was the smartest thing to do at this point.

August 20th, 2019

Today was just another work day. Nothing special. I don't remember much besides being a gatherer and being extended to close out. I also was developing a cough on this day that lasted for quite awhile as everyone on Batuu caught the "Black Spire Plague" as we affectionately called it. I bumped out with Sydnee and Taylor on this night and we all went home together. Again, having friends with cars, always a blessing. See you later for a pretty special reunion tomorrow!

Continue Here

Last edited:
They were just casually hanging out along the Board Walk, waving at boats and greeting all their friends. All in their seaside best. Oh, what a blessing it was to see them after my failed mission.
That was an awesome little pixie dusted right-place, right-time situation!! LOVE Minnie's seaside dress!

Again, having friends with cars, always a blessing.
Ah, yes. When I was in college, I was the only one who was car-less, so bless my friends who carted me everywhere I needed to go!!

The DCP Besties Reunion You’ve Been Waiting For
8/21/19: A Reunion 3 Years In The Waiting

As you can tell by this update, today was a pretty special day. Of course, it didn't seem as such at first. I was working this morning. I was getting off early enough to meet up with some pretty amazing people, one of which I hadn't seen in a long while, but we'll get to that. We'll get to that. I promise.

First, let's talk about what happened at Savi's today: I spent my whole day as gatherer. Funnily enough I went from Gatherer 4 to 5 to 6, which probably means nothing to anyone and that sequence is all numerical. All three of those bounce around the room in terms of where their positions are. I then went back to 4 at the end when I finally bumped out. I booked it out and changed quickly for the reunion of the decade.

And who was this reunion with?

Why my darling dear queen, the Miss Thing herself, @Newsies (aka Kaitlyn D)!

Emily C was also joining us since she hadn't seen Kaitlyn in as long as I have, if not longer since she ended her last program almost a month before Kaitlyn and I had. As you know, Emily and I had already hung out a bit so it was all about seeing Kaitlyn and spending time with her. Of course, I had tried to catch her the day before, which didn't work out but I still had surprises for her.

If you want to read about her side of the story of this day, here is a link to that update from her Pumpkin Spiced TR: https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...re-dr-link-1-27.3766759/page-15#post-61357992

Obviously, Kaitlyn and I have very different writing styles, not to mention, she started the day out with Emily while I was at work and because we were in previews, they couldn't come see me so I came in at a later point.

Well, being me... I had to make this as extravagant and extra as possible. So I was texting Kaitlyn, keeping track of where she was so I didn't unexpectedly stumble upon her and Emily. Before I met them, I had one thing I had to do, which was get my ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary. As you know, the parties very much had already started, Kaitlyn having already gone. I however found a good group of co-workers who wanted to go so we were all grabbing tickets as quick as we could and so I went to the Company D in Take 5 to snag my cast discounted ticket. Of course, this meant going all the way across the park to get it. I had to take quite the long route but I managed to get there without running into Kaitlyn. While I was in there waiting for that transaction to be processed, I told her to go to the Starring Rolls seating area. There was a cast entrance that went directly to Take 5 by there so I was gonna sneak out that way since they totally expected me at this point to come from the other direction.

Yup, the art of misdirection ON POINT.

With my MNSSHP ticket in hand, I headed on out. I texted her to tell her I was on my way and slunk my way out towards Starring Rolls. I spotted them immediately as I popped out from backstage and ran as stealthily and sneakily as possible and then yelled as Kaitlyn noticed I was coming right for her, "BRIGHT SUNS STRANGER!" or something along those lines.

She jumped out of her chair and gave me the biggest hug. Mission accomplished.

We then sat down and chatted a bit. She told us about how her trip was going, what they did that morning, which apparently included a strange meeting with Mike Wazowski. I think they met Miss Edna that day too. I believe comparing the Num Num Cookie to the superior version that I had tried over at Pixar Pier in DCA was involved. I'm not sure. It was great catching up, but we were here in Disney's Hollywood Studios for the first time in... EVER. I don't think Kaitlyn and I had ever hung out in Studios. It was always MK with us since that was convenient as it was our home location and the only times we ran into each other was when one of us was getting off work. This time, we got to experience another park together. So exciting, so we were off to do the one thing one must do whenever about to have an epic DCP reunion: EAT!

Kaitlyn was having a hankering for something and I said she HAD to try Totchos. She said she thought it sounded weird, but because I adamantly recommended it and I have quite the palate (it's that Taurus Sun in me) for good Disney food. Off to Toy Story Land and Woody's Lunch Box we went.

Kaitlyn was the one with the dining plan so while I was pretty good when it came to food as was Emily, she went up and got her some Totchos. She said we needed to help her with it, which I more than happily obliged to. Free totchos? Yes, please.

Click to watch!

Her consensus? She really liked them. My track record continues with giving good food recommendations soooo LISTEN UP READERS! I HAVE THE. TASTE.

While we ate, we also debated what we were gonna name Kaitlyn's new green alien son since she had just gotten that popcorn bucket. I forget what we named it, but I believe it was my idea so he's technically my godson. We all had a part in that little green baby. Should've named it Elphie in that regard (iykyk).

Once we finished up those Totchos, we decided to check out the line for Bo Peep and Woody. Kaitlyn really wanted to meet them with me, but per usual they had a massive line. Kaitlyn was pretty ready to head back to her resort to rest before her dinner with her family so if we were to meet Bo Peep, that would be the one thing we would do and we'd rather have time to do other things so we nixed that plan. I discovered she hadn't met many Star Wars characters so I suggested catching a few of them at Launch Bay.

When we got to Launch Bay, the lines had much shorter waits than what was going on at TSL so we first went to go meet BB-8.

All I have written in my notes is "BB-8 sassy", which seems accurate. I know that meet was pretty hysterical. A lot definitely had to do with my Stormtrooper shirt which I totally forgot I had on in my post-work stupor. Oh me.

After BB-8, Kaitlyn said she definitely needed to meet Kylo Ren. She had her stories about him and how it was meeting him. She had never had the urge to before, but she felt this was a good squad to go meet him with. I believe it was also Emily's first time. I had met him before so I was prepared but I was not prepared for how this one went.

Calling Kylo Ren's meets an "encounter" is certainly appropriate. I don't remember what went down but I kinda was the only one who talked while we awkwardly stood in a line. Also I know we made a point to give the attendant our communicator for scanning since Launch Bay now had those godawful boxes. I don't even think I saw the photos we got, which is whatever, we don't need to see.

The highlight of this meet was Kaitlyn's comment upon leaving Kylo's meet. When we were out of ear shot, she described this meet in the most perfect way. I wish I could share, but it is definitely not something for the DIS but I was losing it because it was so accurate and honestly... I wasn't mad about it hahaha

After Kylo, we decided we needed to get some photos of all of us before Kaitlyn parted. I also was struggling to figure out a way to give her the buttons I had gotten for us without making Emily feel left out. This is why I tried to surprise her a day or two before since I was afraid to be that person so I thought we could go around and try to find some. I suggested going to Sunset since I knew the cast there. I ran into my old co-worker Yelena who I caught up with, but she became the bearer of bad news when telling us that she believed they were out park-wide. Of course.

We did some more looking around until finally, it just became a nuisance looking for it so I surprised her with the buttons anyways. We then got some photos with them on Sunset. It was a super cute photoshoot with them.

After that, we wanted some photos with the three of us so we went to Hollywood Boulevard and got some really cute group photos. Honestly, Emily and Kaitlyn being basically the same height and me being some weird skeleton giant made us look extra adorable.

Kaitlyn was ready to go but she wanted a Carrot Cake Cookie so we all stopped in Trolley Car with her. I was starting to feel worn from my shift that morning so I also got myself a Trenta Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Refresher.

We said goodbye to Kaitlyn after that. We didn't know that she'd be coming back in the Spring for her second program so it was another goodbye with no knowing when we'd see each other again, but thank goodness for her coming back in the Spring with Emily and I still around. No more exceedingly long extended periods of not seeing each other. Nope.

She walked out and it was just Emily and I left to our own devices. Having downed that Mango Dragonfruit, I was still feeling up for more adventures. Emily was too so we checked the app and saw that Tower of Terror only had a 35 minute wait so we decided to go hit it up.

Click to watch!

It ended up not being nearly that long. Also, while I was in line, I saw a tweet from one of my followers about buying a Frequent Fear Pass, which are basically the season pass for Halloween Horror Nights if you didn't know. I had made it my mission this program to actually go more than once unlike just one time last minute on my first program so I was biting the bullet and getting that Frequent Fear. Little did I know how big this purchase ended up being for the rest of my program.

Anyways, back to Tower...

Click to watch!

I love this photo. Emily looks so bored. I look so confused. It's art.

From there, we walked out and saw that the gate by Tower was opened. Usually that means one thing, which is a special character meet. We peeked around that corner and saw Bert! Bert is one of my favorite characters to meet and with such a short line, I said we should meet him. I felt kinda guilty since I know Kaitlyn would've been so about this, but take advantage of cool meets when you can. However, while waiting I discovered that Emily had never seen Mary Poppins.

Yup, never seen it. The iconic film. Julie Andrews' most iconic performance. SHERMAN BROTHERS. Yeah, she'd never seen it.

I was beside myself. From that I vowed to make sure she would see it. Of course, I was never able to since I can't be that good, but I know Emily lurks on these TRs so Emily. If you are reading this and still haven't seen Mary Poppins, GO WATCH RIGHT NOW DURING THIS QUARANTINE OF NOTHING TO DO. NOW. IMMEDIATELY.

I have spoken.

Anyways, we eventually got to meet my favorite dapper chimney sweep.

He was so much fun. He loved our "carpet bags" (which I had to explain to Emily later) and we talked about umbrellas and such. It was a really great chat. Poor Bert though. It was quite the hot day and you could see him sweating with keeping up his energetic demeanor. Props to him for putting out the most on this day. It was a really fun meet.

After saying goodbye to Bert, we decided to check the app again to see what else didn't have a bad wait and saw that Star Tours didn't look too bad so we went over there.

Click to watch!

We walked up, were going through the queue when the guy at merge stopped us. He complimented my shirt then said "Come over here" AND LET US THROUGH FAST PASS!

Click to watch!

Yup, he just let us through. It wasn't even a friend of mine or anything, just someone working there let us through. How magical.

We had a very fun ride. No Rebel Spy for either of us, but we got the Batuu ending which made me as emotional as ever.

After this, we decided it was best to leave. Star Tours is right by cast services backstage so it made leaving pretty convenient. Emily was nervous, but I just said put on her blue ID and follow me and we'd be fine. We were leaving as is. As expected, we had no issues and were soon on our way home.

I brought Emily over intending on maybe watching Mary Poppins, but that didn't happen. We did chill and talk for a bit before we both decided it was best for both of us to start to wind down. It was after Emily left and my body started to come down from the caffeine high and adrenaline high of the day that I could tell all the working and playing I was doing was making me sick. I knew then I was gonna turn in early. Rest was so necessary. We were only around a week away from opening Batuu, I needed to not be sick for that.

I went to bed, really happy with what ended up being the perfect reunion day. I slept well this evening, definitely with hopes that it would push off this cold I was coming down with.

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter