Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

I haven't posted in a LONG time, but glad we finally got to meet! You helped me with so much over the past year!

Also...Fun fact: That is the only time I have watched that Lion King remake...I liked it, but somehow I haven't been in a rush to watch it again like I thought I would. Animated > Live-Action CGI remake in my opinion.

Oh, my gosh, I literally had tears in my eyes reading, "Congratulations, you're going to Batuu!" What an awesome moment for you!

It was surreal. Writing it reminds me how blessed I was to be moved there. Makes me miss it even more.

Glad you and Zach were able to meet. He's such a nice person!! Looks like the Lion King event was worth attending even though you didn't end up loving the movie itself.

He is! We hung out a few more times you'll see. And it was. A lot of really cool stuff to do and see.

I just wanted to thank you SO much for writing this report! Reading it is seriously one of the best parts of my quarantine and something I look forward to every day.

I usually just read and don't comment, but your CP report is the most engaging one I've read yet (and exactly when we need it most) so I had to login and say thank you. Thank you!!

Awww, you're so sweet. :welcome: That means so much. Thank YOU for all your kind words! I hope you continue to enjoy what is to come. Stay safe!

I haven't posted in a LONG time, but glad we finally got to meet! You helped me with so much over the past year!

Me too! And I'm glad I could help you as much as I did.

Also...Fun fact: That is the only time I have watched that Lion King remake...I liked it, but somehow I haven't been in a rush to watch it again like I thought I would. Animated > Live-Action CGI remake in my opinion.

Haha. I mean, same. I have yet to even listen to the album Beyoncé recorded for the film. It really flopped so hard. I need to watch The Lion King II: Simba's Pride though. That's where I need to direct my attention soon.

Once A Magic Kingdom Cast Member, Always A Magic Kingdom Cast Member
7/19 – 7/21/19: Fantasyland And DAK Park Arrival EHH

July 19th, 2019

The day had arrived. I was finally going to be working Fantasyland merchandise! I was so excited and nervous. As much as Magic Kingdom still felt like an old home in terms of going into work, it still wasn't my home and that was gonna be evident the minute I walked in to clock in.

giphy.gif

It was an earlier shift so the rise wasn't the best but once I got to West Clock, it was pretty smooth sailing. I went into costuming to get one of the tops in a size just a smidge bigger and then took the bus from West Clock to the tunnels. I changed down there and went straight to find where the lockers are as well as figure out the weird directions I was given to the CDS for Fantasyland and let me tell you, even for a MK vet, it's in a weird location.

I ended up having very little issues and when I walked into their small CDS area I was immediately brought into the system and as EHH was handled very professionally. I was given a whole rundown, added to MATRAS and soon on my way.

For the record, Fantasyland Merchandise, at least at the time, covers only a portion of Fantasyland. Where I picked up, I could be placed at Sir Mickey's, Fantasy Faire (the PhilharMagic Dump shop), Hundred Acre Goods or the Fantasyland cart out by Pinocchio's Village House. For the record, I was never placed at the cart so I have no experience there. There are other shifts in Fantasyland that cover the New Fantasyland shops but I was only rotating through there on this day.

And let me tell you, it was as magical as you'd expect.

giphy.gif

I spent most of my day in Sir Mickey's, pixie dusting as much as I could. It was so much fun. So many happy princesses and dragon-slaying princes. Fairy Godmother also walked through being quirky and adorable. Not to mention everyone I worked with was so nice. All the CPs, ICPs and FTers. I even had a really cool full circle moment where one of my fellow CPs I was working with happened to be an alum who worked at Disneyland around the same time I did. She even was at DCA. She furthermore knew one of my roommates over there, Jason. And while we were having this conversation, a guest came up to see saying she also worked at DCA, she actually opened the park to be exact. It was such a cool conversation and really only one you could have with a CP.

I even got to spread the good news about me being moved to Galaxy's Edge. Ugh, it was just so so wonderful over there. It made the yearning for that to be my home location even greater.

Eventually, I was bumped out over on the Fantasy Faire side of things (by a REALLY cute ICP at that). It was downpouring so I had to figure out a new route out since I was only used to the stairwell by Sir Mickey's, but I made it through the shift and was headed home no problems further.

At home, I ran into my roommates who were chilling watching Queer Eye. I did my laundry while also writing up one of these updates from around that time. I then joined my roommates later as we ordered pizza and drank some Sangria while watching So You Think You Can Dance and MY FAVORITE, Princess and the Frog.

Once those were done, we all turned in.

And don't think my Fantasyland adventures are over just yet...

July 20th, 2019

By some happy happenstance, in my search for EHH in other parks I came across not one but TWO Fantasyland shifts that somebody wanted to trade and in consecutive days so I ended up trading for A WHOLE WEEKEND IN FANTASYLAND. It was pretty cool and I never had another EHH moment like this.

I came in with a change of clothes to play in the parks after since I wasn't working until closing but I came in fully dressed for this day. At the cafeteria underneath MK, I ran into my co-worker from Sunset, Sandrine, who was working at Adventureland on this day. She was rushing to eat since she came in only just in time for her shift. I sat with her a bit to preoccupy myself since I had gotten there pretty early. She left and not long after I headed off too.

I found a day locker and went up, hoping it would be smooth as yesterday. Unfortunately as soon as I walked in, there was nobody around CDS which was nervewracking, but I called and immediately the coordinator remembered who I was and already had me set up. I started off the day tasking in Sir Mickey's which was fun and clearly my favorite spot since that was where all the princess stuff was. Eventually, they sent me over to do guest engagement at Hundred Acre Goods. Not my favorite, but I had fun with it.

I actually ran into former DISer Courtney and her family over there. Courtney had been trying to hunt me down to pixie dust her, but alas I was at a different shop today. I told her I would text her if I was back in Sir Mickey's so she could come bother me for some pixie dust. We still got some cute photos anyways.

I talked with her family a bit and then they left for a fastpass or whatever. I can't remember.

After that, I did my guest engagement thing (or ambassador, as they at Fantasyland like to call it) and even had a cool convo with some juniors (can't remember if it was high school or college). They had some mad ambition and it was really cool to talk about the DCP and Professional Internships with them.

It was not long after I got my first break where I ran into Sandrine again. The breaks by the way are all 30 minutes which is double what I got on sunset so I LIVED. So nice not to have to rush through a break.

When I got back, I was put right into Sir Mickey's so I texted Courtney quickly before walking on-stage to let her know I was there. No sooner had I texted her that she stopped by and I got to pixie dust one of my favorite people.

Click to watch!

For the record, we talk about this moment and this photo way too often. Courtney even has it pinned up in her cubicle at work. It was so magical for both of us. We had been by each other's side through our entire Disney careers thus far so... some tears might've been shed. Shoutout to her brother for getting the pics and the boomerang as well.

I pixie dusted many others and eventually got my next break.

After that break, I was sent off to Fantasy Faire to finish off my shift. Thank goodness Courtney had caught me there when she did. It was really cool over there since Fantasy Faire is one of the locations where they do embroideries so I learned how to ring those up as well as the rules and regulations of the hat embroideries. My friend Cassidy who worked at Cosmic Ray's stopped by to say hi there too.

I also had a bridal party come through my register and they were pin trading so I got to give them lots of trivia. They were really fun. I had a good time playing around with them. It was so great.

Eventually, I was rotated back over to Sir Mickey's, which caught me off guard but I wasn't complaining. It was my favorite over there. It also made it easier for me to clock out since the fireworks were starting soon and that area was getting blocked off so it was emptying out and pretty chill. Only those who went to go meet Cinderella and Elena were coming through that area. I did however get to pixie dust a Tiana stan and make that extra special for her, that was so nice. I wasn't there for too too long though and was soon bumped out and had to sneak myself out, officially ending my time in Fantasyland merch.

When I say this might be the two best days working of my program, I'm really not exaggerating. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was and I have so many stories that would just bog this update down.

I texted Cassidy and Courtney since I planned to go back into the park. Courtney and her family were pretty exhausted so they were long gone but Cassidy was more than happy to hang out so I joined her.

I was craving some cold refreshment so I went to Auntie Gravity's first for a Strawberry smoothie. While I was in line there, Cassidy found me and we went over to Cosmic's while she had some food and I drank up my smoothie. Once we were finished, we walked across Fantasyland while the fireworks went off.

Click to watch!

We found the spot where the lantern photo was and decided that we were both finally gonna wait for it. It was probably at its lowest wait with most people watching Happily Ever After so we only had to wait about 20 minutes and we got photos together as well as separate photos.

After that, we managed to catch the park with really low wait times and managed to ride both The Haunted Mansion...

and Peter Pan's Flight...

Click to watch!

Once we got off Peter Pan, we both decided to leave. Goodnight MK! Thanks for an amazing day!

We went to the Contemporary to catch our bus home. It was a pretty calm ride home, but I did get my first schedule drop for Galaxy's Edge on that ride which was pretty cool.

I was pretty pooped once I got home so I went to bed as soon as I got there. Tonight it was pretty quiet in Vista so I slept well.

We were onto new terrains tomorrow so I was gonna need it.

July 21st, 2019

While I wasn't going back to Fantasyland today, as much as I wanted to, I was covering new terrain as I was working over in DAK today!

The shift was a bit later today so when I woke up I had time to do other things. I talked with all my Sunset friends who had gotten the drop and was discussing what we might have to do. We hadn't gotten a lot of information on how SWGE training was gonna work so we all needed to get the jitters out.

While that was going on, I took out the trash as well as made a run to Walgreens. After all that, I got ready and changed for my shift. I knew I probably wouldn't see anyone while working at DAK today since I didn't advertise it as much I took a photo of me in my costume in my room.

(Dedicated to Joe Rohde)

Not long after, it was time for me to catch the bus over there for my shift.

When I arrived at DAK, it was pretty rainy and the way cast members get into DAK is basically all uncovered so I was rushing my way to their backstage entrance. But of course, as soon as I got there, BOOM locked out. It was awful and their cheese grater or Zoom gate as they call it was confusing me along with my anxiety about being their for the first time so it took me awhile to ring up security. Not my finest moment.

The directions I was given for backstage were pretty self-explanatory and I found everything I needed to find luckily. I also ran into Joseph, who worked at DAK Park Arrival where I was at today so I sat with him and got the lowdown. He was so shocked I was over there, but it was cool to catch up with him, especially since his program was ending soon. For the record, we both agree that we prefer being in Merchandise and we also realized how funny it was that between the two of us our home locations cover all four parks (him -- Epcot and DAK, me -- Magic Kingdom and Studios).

Eventually, it was time to clock ourselves in. As I mentioned, I was at DAK Park Arrival which is an interesting location. Most of it is actually outside of the park entrance. They cover the big gift shop out there as well as the cart which was closing as soon as I clocked in as well as the ECV and Wheelchair rental area, package pick-up and Garden Gate Gifts where Photopass is. A lot of that required extra training so I really could only work at the Outpost shop out front and Garden Gate Gifts with some speed training.

I was put at Outpost only at first since that was the only spot my proficiencies let me go to. Joseph and I were actually both sent there together so I started out my shift with him there. It was pretty slow. There were three of us out there along with a leader and coordinator from time to time. Everyone was super nice and helpful, but it was boring. There were so few people who came through and not a lot to do out there in terms of really playing around. Energy levels were low so I was definitely not at my Fantasyland best on this day.

Joseph ended up getting his break then breaking me which happened right as they were closing up that location so who knows where I'd be once I got back from my break?

After break, they put me in Garden Gate Gifts where I was given the lowdown on how to ring up Photopass orders as well as how that location worked. This ended up being my favorite spot. I got along really well with Photopass, leaders and front-line. They were so much fun and they were actually fairly busy in there so I wasn't bored. A big jump in energy from the Outpost. I did however have to let them know when I left or otherwise I would not have left on time since they put me in as a closer yet I couldn't close that location, but don't worry I got out on time.

Unfortunately, the lockers they had weren't the best and I got locked out of mine so it took an extra minute to get me out. Again, super helpful and super nice CMs over there. I'm not sure I would go back. It definitely was a drag without having all the extra training they had over there.

Once I left, I was home in no time and relaxing. I watched the newest Yesterworld video and went to bed. I was back off for two days so it was time to relax and enjoy the last of my pre-SWGE life.

Continue Here

Last edited:
I actually ran into former DISer Courtney and her family over there.
It was really cool over there since Fantasy Faire is one of the locations where they do embroideries so I learned how to ring those up as well as the rules and regulations of the hat embroideries.
Awww, I remember seeing this pic on your IG....or maybe it was Courtney's, and I was like, "hey! I know her!" I remember reading her TRs when she was active on the DIS. So awesome that you were able to pixie dust your friend :)
I would definitely see working at Sir Mickey's as perfection for you!! Also, what I wouldn't give to have access to that pixie dust wand!! I'd be pixie dusting the crap out of everyone/everything in sight......and myself, .....ok, mostly myself...at all times!

Awww, I remember seeing this pic on your IG....or maybe it was Courtney's, and I was like, "hey! I know her!" I remember reading her TRs when she was active on the DIS. So awesome that you were able to pixie dust your friend :)
I would definitely see working at Sir Mickey's as perfection for you!! Also, what I wouldn't give to have access to that pixie dust wand!! I'd be pixie dusting the crap out of everyone/everything in sight......and myself, .....ok, mostly myself...at all times!

It was such a special two days. I wish I could've gone back. Hopefully once this is over I'll have more opportunity to do so. Fingers BIG crossed.

Let's Slow It Down A Bit Today
7/22/19: Seeing Crawl And Evening At DAK

I think we all know at some point, days off are not completely days off for us. Today I woke up and headed right on over to Disney Springs. I had picked up a shift there, my last shift before Galaxy's Edge training began actually, and I needed to go try on the costume and take it out. I thought it was best to get that thing done with first thing.

I wasn't in there too long since I was becoming fairly familiar with the weirdness of Disney sizing and I headed across the bridge to Springs. I was going to see Crawl today. This was what Alexis and Eric had gone to see the other day and I decided what better day than today to go see it too. I mean, I did have AMC Stubs A-List at the time.

I had time beforehand so I stopped by Starbucks to get a Strawberry Acai Lemonade and wandered around with that.

I somehow ended up at World of Disney in that wandering and left with that Fantasyland windbreaker I had wanted so badly. Look how cute she is though!

I was in a really good mood, the sun was shining down and in about a week or so's time I would be starting my training at a total dream location. Life was really good.

Eventually, it was time to go see Crawl.

This film definitely got swept under the rug because it was honestly pretty good. It was really intense and suspenseful. Probably the film that had me at the edge of my seat the most. Talk about real cool creature creation too. If you haven't seen, I definitely suggest adding it to your quarantine line-up. This was a good one.

After Crawl, I headed out to the busses and caught one to Animal Kingdom Lodge in order to transfer from there to get to DAK.

At DAK, I headed over to Dino Land where I managed to catch the dance party they have over there.

Click to watch!

I wish I had someone with me to enjoy it but instead I stuck around since... snoap??

Click to watch!

Yeah did not expect that.

From there, I hiked over to Asia to go ride Everest.

Click to watch!

I'm up in the corner there and honestly I love this photo for how genuinely terrified I look.

I had had my Batuu button with me all day on this day and it was smudging so I asked a few cast members around the Everest dump shop if they had a sharpie I could use. Unfortunately it was to no avail so I left without fixing it. I'd probably be able to do it while at work or at home another time.

I made another big hike all the way across to Pandora.

Click to watch!

I hiked in order to ride Flight of Passage. I discovered when I got there that the ride was down and already had quite the line for reopening so I skipped it and just wandered. I think I ended up at Island Mercantile and found these two cuties.

I came back at the end of the night and caught it with a rather short hour long wait (short for FoP that is).

It was after this ride I realized the re-rideability was not as strong. I'd definitely gotten my fix with FoP that program already, as much as I do still love it.

Once I got off FoP, I left the park and went home. I thought I was gonna feed myself but instead I just had some chips, watched more Yesterworld videos and went to sleep.

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Lost Boy Knows My Name!
7/23/19: Magic Kingdom And Studios Cast Event

It was another day off, but a day off of errands as well. Not to mention, a special cast event at Studios that night. I got up rather early and went to Magic Kingdom costuming. I had picked up a shift at the Emporium so I needed to grab my costume for that day. There are a lot of pieces to that costume so it did take some time but eventually I had all my pieces and was headed back home.

When I got home, I quickly changed and headed out on a very packed B bus to Magic Kingdom.

Click to watch!

I got off at the Polynesian like before except this time I walked from there to the TTC to catch the express monorail over to MK instead of the resort line. I never really did it this way again, but I really just wanted to see that even with construction I could still do that since I used to way more easily before. I am happy to confirm it is possible but some of the pathways are kinda sketch.

I got to MK in one piece though, no problem.

Once I went inside, I first headed to Fantasyland to get pixie dusted. I ran into a lot of the people I started to become friends with over my weekend over there. They all told me how they think I should pick up there more often, they thought I was so fun and good at what I did which made me so happy. If only I had been able to at least one more time before I left. Just one last shift.

I wandered around Fantasyland for a bit where I found the Fairy Godmother out meeting. If y'all know anything about my past two programs, you know about how special she is to me and I hadn't been able to meet her so I hopped in line. No sooner meeting the queen herself.

It felt almost as if I never left. It took her a minute to recognize me but the minute she started going on asking about who I was going to meet next I knew she remembered me from three years ago. Of course, I had to go visit my usual post-FG meet which was Peter Pan who I also hadn't met this program. As a result, she handed me not only one autograph card from her sleeve but TWO, one for him. She said to keep the one I liked the most and then give the other to Peter. We hugged goodbye and I went on my way.

I wasn't as acquainted with Peter's set times as I used to be back when I met him on a regular basis before work so I was kinda figuring it all out as I went. He didn't have a set time for quite awhile so I hopped over to Gaston's Tavern for some Le Fou's Brew. Also, not long after I met Fairy Godmother, the sky was looking grim so I needed to seek shelter as soon as I could (and refreshment.)

It downpoured a bit but it was only passing so by the time I finished my Brew, it was back to normal Florida sunshine. I then walked on over to Frontierland until it came time to meet Peter. I eventually went back and got in line at the Neverland map. The line there was definitely different, that was the first thing but it still had that awesome lost boy energy.

Granted, what threw me the most was I walked right on up as the next in line to meet Peter and was greeted with a "Oh hi Timmy, so good to see you again!"

Yup.

He knew my name.

giphy.gif

I was GAGGED. I didn't know what to say. The words got caught in my throat and I just was thrown. He told me Fairy Godmother had let him know I was coming.

Literally jaw dropped.

I should be used to some of these shenanigans with characters, but this was left field. It made for quite the meet. It was fun hanging with Peter again. I mean, he's always so much fun but again it felt like I hadn't left. I liked that.

Also, I gave him one of Fairy Godmother's autographs and told him "She knows you're a fan" to which the Photopass died and Peter immediately scrambled for a sassy response about her always losing her marbles and such.

Again, like I never had left.

Eventually, we said goodbye. By name. And I just kinda wandered in a fog.

Ugh, Magic Kingdom, you are imbedded in my soul.

I wasn't sure if there really was much else I wanted to do today so I went to Main Street. I took some photos atop the train station for a bit.

Sydnee had told me she was working on Main Street East today so I went to go try and find her. I ended up surprising her in Town Square Theater.

Click to watch!

She had only just gotten there that day so she wasn't gonna be making it tonight for the special cast event that was happening at Studios, which was sad considering how it would be the last time for most of us to hang out together. She seemed more than content on Main Street though.

After I left Sydnee, I came across Foulfellow wandering Main Street.

Click to watch!

Gosh, I wish I could go back to Main Street last summer. They really did that out there.

I was feeling hungry and didn't want to have to go to Contempo Cafe or something outside of the parks so I decided to mobile order at Casey's. I got the Bacon Mac N Cheese fries this time.

I really liked them. It hit the spot. I don't think they could ever replace my go-to Chili Cheese Fries though.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

While I ate those outside on the hub grass, I noticed MiSi coming through so I decided to watch a little bit of that.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

At the end, I even managed to get close enough to catch some of the fluff balls. (Which I still have by the way. A little memento.)

I did follow the parade out a bit.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was however truly time to go so I headed out and caught the bus over to Studios.

Continue Here

Last edited:

Near Decapitation Starring Aerosmith
7/23/19: Magic Kingdom And Studios Cast Event

I had no major issues getting on over to Studios. On my way there, I messaged Cassidy to meet up since we were both off today and she was just heading over to Studios to hang out before the event. Everyone else was working so we thought we'd meet up.

She was on Sunset by the time I arrived at Studios so I went there where we hung out a bit and bugged everyone like we usually do. We also ran into another co-worker of ours on Sunset, Rachel and we kinda just joined forces and did our thing. Cassidy and I were feeling in the mood to go ride Star Tours and see if we could get the rebel spy so we brought Rachel along for that.

Click to watch!

And lo and behold, one of us did get the Rebel Spy!

Click to watch!

After both of us, having rode Star Tours on both coasts multiple times, Cassidy finally got to be the Rebel Spy! Not only that we got the sequence where Leia was the message we got. Oh it was emotional, let me tell ya. If I wasn't gonna get the Rebel Spy but sat next to a friend WHO DID, it would've turned out like that.

I still want to be the Rebel Spy though.

After that ride, we split off from Rachel and did our own thing. We tried to find a button for Cassidy to say she was the Rebel Spy and ended up back at Sunset. We ended up getting some food and sitting around at Sunset Ranch with other people who were off or had gotten off waiting for the event to start.

Eventually, it had gotten dark and was getting near the time for the event to begin.

I never really explained what the event was, but to make it short they were letting all Studios cast members ride Rock N Roller Coaster with the lights on then Tower with the lights and sound completely off. It was super cool. There were still guests in the park when the event technically was gonna start so we had to check in right by Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy and wait in that courtyard area until they let us onto the ride.

We probably hung out there for around 30 to 40 minutes. A ton of Sunset people were there so we were more than capable of being entertained.

Eventually, it was time for things to start!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was SOOOOO much fun but also terrifying. It's wild to see what the whole space looks like and how confined it really is. I've done Space with the lights on and most people find that the most terrifying, but I frankly found it boring. Rockin' was WAY cooler and scarier. The scariest part was finding out how close one of the loops was to the end of the launch If you were just a smidge closer, it was decapitation by rock n' roll for you. The cool part was that the launch tunnel was also directly next to the final break run so you could see each train coming and going with the lights on.

I ended up riding it 5 times in total.

I promise it was 5. I'm just missing a photo.

Cassidy did ditch me after two rides since she wanted to go ride Tower and Rockin' can be too much for her sometimes. The new CP group that were being sent to SWGE were all together along with all our ICP friends so we ended up getting a few photos of us out in front of Rockin'.

What a dysfunctional little family.

We then all headed over to Tower.

Now, Tower ended up being difficult that night. They really were hoping to give us the lights off experience but they were having some issues which is why Rockin' opened first and we rode it so many times consecutively. Tower instead did a lights on version, which was still cool but probably not nearly as terrifying as complete darkness. It also had a massive line so we only managed one ride on that one.

It was still really fun. Especially with Stefani losing her mind next to me. Everyone was pretty blown away by the fact there were extra scenes in the drop shaft. I knew about them I'd ridden so much and had gotten all of them but being able to see them as you went by was crazy.

One day I'll go back and get to ride it with the lights completely off. ONE DAY.

After our one ride, everyone was pooped and started heading out. We might've done one more round on Rockin' I believe, but then we left.

Stefani drove me home so I got home quickly and went immediately to sleep. 10:30am start time tomorrow!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Most favorite magic maker of all!!!! pixiedust:

"Oh hi Timmy, so good to see you again!"
My mouth would have hit the floor!!!! What an amazingly magical moment :)

I took some photos atop the train station for a bit.
I love this spot for pictures! But mine are always at a weird time of day, so the lighting is bad. I need to plan better for my train station shoots!

I never really explained what the event was, but to make it short they were letting all Studios cast members ride Rock N Roller Coaster with the lights on then Tower with the lights and sound completely off. It was super cool.
That sounds wildly incredible!!! What an awesome idea and super magical to offer as a CM perk!

The cool part was that the launch tunnel was also directly next to the final break run so you could see each train coming and going with the lights on.
When we did our VIP tour last May, I was super excited to see the buildings for Rock 'n Rollercoaster from outside where you could actually see the launch part that shoots you into the other building. I would imagine seeing from the inside would be just amazing!!

What a fun afternoon at MK- I loved your meets with the Fairy Godmother and Peter! <3
And those fries are high on my list to try- I wanted them in December, but Casey's was always crazy, even with Mobile Ordering.
How cool that you got to do some special rides after hours! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Timmy - I’m loving reading your posts! They are like a mini vacation! Will you be trying to go back to work there when things reopen? Hope so! You sound like you had so much fun.

Most favorite magic maker of all!!!! pixiedust:

A true legend.

My mouth would have hit the floor!!!! What an amazingly magical moment :)

Right?! I still feel the chills I felt when it happened. Too wild.

I love this spot for pictures! But mine are always at a weird time of day, so the lighting is bad. I need to plan better for my train station shoots!

The lighting over there is honestly always wonky because of the roof. Getting Main Street photos from up there though without someone in the shot are fantastic!

That sounds wildly incredible!!! What an awesome idea and super magical to offer as a CM perk!

It was so cool! They really do end up putting in an effort for some really cool events for us. Seriously.

When we did our VIP tour last May, I was super excited to see the buildings for Rock 'n Rollercoaster from outside where you could actually see the launch part that shoots you into the other building. I would imagine seeing from the inside would be just amazing!!

It's so so cool. I feel like I saw that too when I was being trained on Sunset originally but I can't remember exactly how it looked. From the inside it's cool, especially seeing how the launch and the final break run are directly next to each other. So so cool.

What a fun afternoon at MK- I loved your meets with the Fairy Godmother and Peter! <3
And those fries are high on my list to try- I wanted them in December, but Casey's was always crazy, even with Mobile Ordering.
How cool that you got to do some special rides after hours! Thanks for sharing them with us!

So much fun! Those two were absolute gems that day.

They are really good. You definitely should try them and definitely mobile order since you don't have to get caught up in the insanity of the line for Casey's. You can hang out in the Emporium area until they are ready to avoid it.

So cool! And of course. I love to share all my experiences with y'all.

Timmy - I’m loving reading your posts! They are like a mini vacation! Will you be trying to go back to work there when things reopen? Hope so! You sound like you had so much fun.

Thank you so much! :welcome: I'm really hoping I get to go back semi-permanently when all this is over. I loved it there a lot and I have so many friends there. Fingers crossed I can get on that soon enough.

Only Two More Nights Under The Stars, Under The Stars
7/24 – 7/25/19: Last Two Days on Sunset Boulevard

July 24th, 2019

Based on the title and subtitle of this chapter, we were now at my last two days working on Sunset Boulevard.

It would've been four had I not traded my last two shifts for shifts at the Emporium and at Pin Traders, but I wanted to get my EHH fill before I was gone. Also, having those two shifts would bring me back to Magic Kingdom, my favorite location overall, and then to Disney Springs, meaning I would've covered all four parks AND Disney Springs. What a way to end my merchandise run pre-SWGE!

Anyways, back to the day at hand.

I had a mid shift on register. It was a pretty varied shift. I was bounced between Once and Beverly fairly often. At one point in the day however, I found out from my co-worker Miranda that they were doing ride testing of Smuggler's Run and inviting any Studios cast who were off the clock to go ride. I got off at a rather early time so I'd be able to make it over! I was so hype.

Throughout my shift, I found out that Stefani was also getting off around the same time I did so we planned to walk over together so we wouldn't have to do it all alone.

Eventually, it was time to clock out. I met Stefani inside Take 5 and together we went on over to Galaxy's Edge.

Of course, they didn't let you as easily as they do now or during previews. We had to check in by Muppets and walk backstage all the way to where Toy Story Land was where they bagged our phones so we wouldn't take pictures and then we could go into the land and we were basically guided straight towards where Smugglers was. The land was still partially under construction so we had to be kept away from those areas.

Along the way there, we met up with another co-worker, Lauren M, who ended up joining us. At Smugglers, we ran into our old coordinator Mike who was gonna be a leader in Galaxy's Edge. He was there with two other leaders, Joanna and Jade. Because we were three and three, we all got put in a group together. Mike and Joanna were the pilots. Stefani and Jade were the gunners. Lauren and I were the engineers. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had that first time I've ridden it so many times since but it was COOL. That whole experience. WOW. It definitely pales to Rise now but like the concept of riding the Millennium Falcon as is... it was next level. It really was.

I ended up riding it 3 times that day with Lauren and Stefani. Each time I did a different role so I covered every position that day. Pilot is obviously my fave, but WOW. Truly a way to go out and with Lauren, Stefani and I all being moved to Galaxy's Edge... what a smooth transition over.

After that third run, Stefani and I headed out while Lauren rode it a few more times. She'd been riding it most of the day and was a diehard Star Wars fan so it was understandable. We ran into some other co-workers on the way out, but kept on going since we'd gotten our fill and it was gloomy and rainy so we just wanted to get elsewhere for a bit.

Stefani offered me a ride but I had plans to go to Springs for the evening so we split off at Costuming while I went to change and return my costume.

Click to watch!

No issues getting to Springs, I made it there in time, wandered a bit and then went to see The Art of Self-Defense that evening.

This was definitely the point in my AMC Stubs A-List membership where I was just using it on the most random of films and this one was a Jesse Eisenberg feature that got swept under the rug. It was a black comedy film that satirized toxic masculinity. The main plot was about Jesse Eisenberg's character constantly getting taken advantage of by fellow men and him signing up for a karate class. Yeah, it was weird but I enjoyed it. It was different and it was well written and acted and really funny. I don't know if I'd watch it again but I can appreciate it for what it was.

Once I got out of that, I went to Chicken Guy to have a quick dinner. I got the usual with Donkey Sauce and the Special Sauce. The two sauces I've definitely come back to often on my Chicken Guy runs.

I went home once I finished eating that and went right to sleep. It was a pretty exhausting day and I had to be ready to say goodbye to my Sunset home the next day.

July 25th, 2019

I got up around 11am today. I had a later shift but they were doing more ride tests on the Millennium Falcon so I decided to go ride it before I clocked in. I had the rest of my Chicken Guy before I left my apartment then hopped on over to Studios.

Today I rode Smugglers 3 more times and then ran into my co-worker Sandrine and went back to go ride it with her once. After I rode it with her, I was feeling a bit hungry so I went over to Hollywood Scoops to get a quick scoop of Vanilla ice cream.

Then I ran backstage to go change for my shift.

My last shift wasn't the greatest to be honest. I wasn't with my usual crew and it was just an overly dramatic day. I was at registers luckily and one of my favorite people that I met through some EHH shifts was there so that was nice. By the end, I was ready to go home and I had to be extended that night already. I was sad that that was the note I left on, especially since it resulted in nobody being around to take final Sunset photos, but luckily that's what selfies are for.

Click to watch!

I miss that loop so much.

Two more days before being an official Batuuan so stay tuned. Lots more off-planet working fun in store!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Princes Just Remember My Face From The Marketplace Or Something, I Don't Know...
7/26/19: Epcot With Blakely and Emporium Shift

As I previously mentioned, most of Sunset CPs were being sent to Galaxy's Edge but not all of them. Unfortunately, this included my day one buddy, Blakely. She was one of the few who was stuck back there, which meant we weren't going to see each other as much. In lieu of that, we both discovered we had the morning off on this day, as you can guess from the subtitle this was the evening of my Emporium shift, but I had time to hang with Blakely and she offered to drive me to West Clock (MK Cast Parking) after our time at Epcot. It was gonna work out well.

Blakely picked me up from Vista Way and we went right on over to Epcot. On the way there, I got tipped off about Elena possibly meeting in the park by my roommate, Carlos. We were gonna try to catch her first and then check back throughout the day.

Unfortunately, we could not find Elena so instead we went to Morocco to meet Jasmine. To my surprise however, it was Jasmine AND Aladdin. I never knew it went back to them both. It got me super excited and my excitement did not leave to a let down.

If you've read any of my previous TRs, you would notice something about Aladdin and that it was no surprise he recognized me saying he'd seen me around the marketplace before. Of course, this was 3 years ago but WOW I was shook he remembered me from all those years ago. From there, it ended up being a super fun meet. Aladdin gave us all these instructions on how to build a magic carpet which involved one of Genie's hairs. It was pretty hilarious. Best part was Blakely being upset that the one prince we'd meet today knew who I was lol

After that great meet, we decided to go meet more characters so we went to Norway where we met Anna and Elsa.

It was a fairly decent visit with them. I believe this was the last meet I had with them before the Frozen 2 costume change. There might've been one more. Anyways, I know we talked with Elsa about ice skating with Olaf and Sven. I'm not sure what happened with Anna, but it was fun. I don't remember it being some godawful meet or anything lol

We hopped right from them back over to China to go meet Mulan.

This was my first time meeting in this location and honestly I kinda prefer her inside. This was just awkward as you can tell from the photos. Mulan however wasn't. She's always been hit or miss for me. She was super fun today. She even compared me to Mushu, which valid (granted it was mostly due to my red shirt lol).

After Mulan, we bounced to Norway again because I was really craving some Schoolbread so we grabbed that. Sorry, no photo once again. (I promise I remembered!!)

I ate that as we left. Blakely had mentioned that she hadn't been able to ride Smuggler's Run yet so we wanted to go over to Studios to do that.

It was starting to drizzle a little as we left Epcot, just rain showers coming and going. It was strange, even on Florida standards. It didn't stop us or, at least me, from getting some Bubblegum wall pics on the way out.

Then, we were out! When we finally got to Studios, it was downpouring. We parked as close as we could in the cast parking and booked it into Cast Services to get out of it. We hung out there until it let up before taking the backstage way to get to the Smuggler's test-and-adjust.

Due to all of this, we were cutting it a bit close to my Emporium shift so we only ended up riding Smuggler's once and then ran out back to cast parking so she could get me there on time. Unfortunately, we had more struggles since Blakely's GPS took us on the strangest route I've ever taken to West Clock. I lacked confidence in the quickest route to get there so I was too afraid to jump in but I definitely could've saved us time if I had in retrospect.

Still, by the time we got there, I had time to spare to change and get myself adjusted in the Main Street breakroom. I thanked Blakely and bid her goodbye as I went off to change and go in for my first Main Street shift ever.

I had no issues finding everything and even ran into another friend of Sunset, Danielle S, as she was stocking at the Emporium for around the same shift times as me so she said she would drive me home. Unfortunately, she ended up ROS'ing, which is when you leave a shift early usually due to medical reasons, so that didn't come to pass, but it was a nice offer.

I also got to work with my friend from my first program, Lexi, who was a coordinator at the Emporium. She was super excited when I walked in and got me all set up. They also sent me on the wildest tour of a location ever. As you know, the Emporium is HUGE, much bigger than anywhere I had worked so far. I was used to one stockroom per location, but Emporium had I think five or six and they all had different things in each one. It was so confusing. They gave me a map of locations in the main shop but not of the stockrooms so I struggled with that but caught onto the registers pretty quickly.

I first began in what is known as Zone 6, which is where all the t-shirts are right before that corner area that is next to Casey's. It was crazy in the Emporium. It had the energy of a Sunset shift but with the massive purchases of Fantasyland. I was ringing up massive amounts of money and piles of items. Then, having to ship them. It was insanity, but it made the time go by fast and everyone at the Emporium was super helpful and nice. I really liked it.

I was at Zone 6 for the majority of my shift before I got my break and then came back to Zone 1, which is the last group of registers before you end up in Town Square. This was just as insane if not more-so and I had quite the interactions. I had one group of guests that had me ring up hundreds of dollars in just keychains. I don't know how I did that with no error.

However, in the midst, Nam, one of the ICPs from Sunset, showed up and got some paparazzi shots of me.

She actually traded with me for this shift. Originally I was gonna be in Frontierland, but I wanted Emporium more so she took a nice mid in Frontierland for me to take this late Emporium shift. We shall see if it was a good bargain in the end.

Again, it made the time go by and eventually I was sent off to do some closing tasks. I first was sent off with a buddy but then they had to send one of their stockers home so I ended up on hanger duty for the evening.

Closing was where things didn't end up too great. Closing is primarily stocking and knowing where things go and I just didn't know and no one leaves at Emporium until everything is finished so I was stuck being dead weight. I felt so bad. I tried to help, but everyone was doing their own thing so after I finished hangers, I just wandered. I ended up staying there for a shift that originally ended at midnight until almost 2am. Luckily, as consolation for a rough close, the leader gave us ice cream. All the regular CPs there all said I should come back and that it's normally not that bad to which I just told them I didn't think anything bad I just wish I had more knowledge to help out with things. I also probably wouldn't be picking up around there anytime soon since I was being moved to SWGE so it wouldn't matter.

I didn't get home this evening until around 3am and WHEW I was pooped. I liked Emporium but I don't think I'd pick up a closing again until I really knew my way around or if I was actually trained on the location. I was ready for sleep now, that was for sure.

Goodbye until tomorrow.

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Dark Horse of Merchandise
7/27/19: Pin Traders Shift/Last EHH Shift

I'm frankly just getting this update out of the way since it's pretty text heavy and this was a work exclusive day but I felt I couldn't mesh it with any of the updates around it for storytelling's sake.

For the record, this was my last day as a fairly regular merchandise cast member. After today, I was a citizen of Batuu and you'll find out soon enough how that differentiated me from the rest of the pack. Anyways, the best thing about this day was I getting to work at Springs at the Pin Traders store which was a totally new location for me and meant I covered most of the Walt Disney World Resort in merch experience minus the resorts.

The day started off with me waking up mildly late after my crazy late Emporium shift to doing some chores around the house. I needed to get that cleaning on in our kitchen and the bathroom. I then changed into my costume after all was done and headed out to Springs.

The bus ride to Springs was a little wild. There are technically two stops to take to get to Springs on the route. One stops by where their cast services is which is normally where I get off but Pin Traders is easier to get to from the stop at Casting so I took the bus to that stop but the driver FORGOT ABOUT IT.

HFtCLG2.gif

They drove right past and it wasn't only me on that bus trying to get to my shift that way. Eventually, I said something and the driver took this convoluted route to get us back. Luckily I had plenty of time to get to work since I was prepared to wander a bit since Springs backstage already confused me on pretense.

Thank goodness after he dropped me off and I was walking to find the backstage area, it wasn't as difficult to figure out, not to mention to see where I could walk through to get to Pin Traders the store itself. Bless the fact I was getting there early enough that that bus detour did not throw me off too much.

I hung out backstage and relaxed for a bit watching Descendants on the TV back there. It was only a few days prior that Cameron Boyce had passed so they were doing a marathon in his honor as well as the new film coming out soon. It was sad, but a nice tribute.

Eventually, it was time for me to head to the store and clock in!

I don't have much to write about this experience except it was unexpectedly one of my favorite EHH locations and shifts. It was consistently busy and so much fun. It was also the location that had the easiest time getting me into MATRAS since Fantasyland. The best part was this was the place where all the diehards or wannabe pin traders came and the passion they had for it all just made it an absolute blast. I had so many positive guest interactions from meeting one of the housing cast members and talking with her to helping this one guest find this pin in a set she had been wanting. So so much fun. I also had two personal visitors myself, one being Alex S, one of my co-workers from Sunset who was going to Batuu with me, and Liz, someone I met over during my Disneyland program. It was cool seeing both. Not to mention, Alex got me one last paparazzi shot.

I was just living. I even got to do one last magical moment for this sweet dad and daughter. So sweet they even refused me letting it be on Mickey, but I had to insist. It was the best note to end my EHH adventures on. Heck, the roaming piano made a few rounds around the store and even played my favorite Disney song of all time, "Part of Your World." A blessed evening. The only bump in the road was when one of my registers went out on me, but that was taken care of pretty quickly. The cast was so supportive and friendly. If I could go back here, I totally would. Totally changed my view and proved all the Springs naysayers that it is a good location. YOU HEAR ME!

I left in the best mood, thanking everyone I worked with and skipped off to catch the bus back to Vista. When I got home, I relaxed for a bit, heated up some Gumbo for myself, checked my schedule to see more info on my upcoming SWGE training and then organized all the costumes I had to return tomorrow.

It was the big day tomorrow and I was more than ready! You're not gonna want to miss hearing about this. :teeth:

Continue Here

Last edited:
Even with a rough ending, it sounds like working in the Emporium would have been another excellent fit for you long-term! That costume suits you :)

With my background in retail, I always think when I retire to Florida, that's where I would like to work....that or become really good friends with the Fairy Godmother!

I hung out backstage and relaxed for a bit watching Descendants on the TV back there. It was only a few days prior that Cameron Boyce had passed so they were doing a marathon in his honor as well as the new film coming out soon.
Oh, that was a very sad day in our house. :( Jimmy really loves the Descendants movies (and books!). So much so, that he asked me to make him a Carlos costume a few years ago for Halloween, and then insisted I should be Cruella because I'm his Mom. He was just devastated, and it was really hard for him to understand what had happened. I did like how Disney honored him at the release of Descendants 3.

Even with a rough ending, it sounds like working in the Emporium would have been another excellent fit for you long-term! That costume suits you :)

I think it would've. I've worked with many people who were statused there and not one of them disliked it so I really wish I could've been put there or Fantasyland. But at least my Studios placement got me to Galaxy's Edge (and Sunset wasn't half bad either).

With my background in retail, I always think when I retire to Florida, that's where I would like to work....that or become really good friends with the Fairy Godmother!

Ooooo, definitely could see you as either. I think retail would be a lot less work though, in retrospect.

Oh, that was a very sad day in our house. :( Jimmy really loves the Descendants movies (and books!). So much so, that he asked me to make him a Carlos costume a few years ago for Halloween, and then insisted I should be Cruella because I'm his Mom. He was just devastated, and it was really hard for him to understand what had happened. I did like how Disney honored him at the release of Descendants 3.

I can only imagine. That's definitely something difficult for the younger generation to understand. I know it was devastating for those of us 20-somethings who adored the Descendants franchise. We were all taken aback since many of us had been watching him since his Jessie days. So tragic, taken from us way too soon.

Disney storefronts are so beautiful.

😍

They really are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter