Thinking of renting an RV

Hi again Mary2e, I just called Wilderness Camper Rentals to see if they started to charge a security deposit because they never have. They assured me that they do not charge a security deposit. There deposit is one nights rental and for there cancellation policy it says on their website that full refund to cancel before 30 days and $50.00 refund if cancelled within 30 days. I know the other companies charge security deposits and wont refund any of your deposit because we have used most of them before we found WCR.
I was not clear. The company I used charged a security deposit.

As well, I checked several review sites and ratings and they were well regarded.

I couldn’t consider wilderness because I need a pet friendly RV for a 6lb dog with a king bed and Wilderness only offers 2 and they both have queen beds.

I was not clear. The company I used charged a security deposit.

As well, I checked several review sites and ratings and they were well regarded.

I couldn’t consider wilderness because I need a pet friendly RV for a 6lb dog with a king bed and Wilderness only offers 2 and they both have queen beds.

Did you try looking on Outdoorsy? Some of them may be able to deliver at the Fort for you, but some may need to be picked up. We are actually toying with the idea of renting a Hybrid instead of pulling my dad's popup that far.

Update :)

I just learned that the cabins are now pet friendly. Duh for me :) I looked into switching to a cabin instead of renting an RV and went into sticker shock. On top of the discounted $356+ tax per night fee, the parking charge, and the $50 PER NIGHT pet fee, they are now obscenely expensive. While we loved the cabins BEFORE the remodel, we're not that crazy about them now, but would have switched if it made sense. We probably would need to rent a golf cart so we can easily get around the fort, since we may not be doing much park time - depending upon how the pup takes to being left (he will be 16 months old by then). It wasn't that long ago we could get a cabin for around $200-$250 per night. They're nice, but not $400 a night worth of nice (after tax). We have a preferred site reserved.

The RV rental includes so much more, and a very small extra fee ($25) for a screen house and the golf cart is only $300 for a week. The RV we got is the Landmark San Antonio and it looks enormous for us with only 1 bedroom and lots of living space. Everywhere else I looked had 2 bedrooms, and some didn't take pets.

So for now, we're sticking with Kissimmee Orlando RV Rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!