Thin Mint Cookies/Samoa's post 29!!

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
I don't think you'll need that much melted chocolate...but you can always be creative with the leftovers.

Chocolate Cookie Wafers
1 18.25-ounce package Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
3 tablespoons shortening, melted
1/2 cup cake flour, measured then sifted
1 egg
3 tablespoons water
Non-stick cooking spray

Coating
3 12-ounce bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 tablespoons shortening

1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter (Schilling brand is good.) Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.

4. Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave - safe glass or ceramic bow. Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute. Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to zap in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.

5. Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper - lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.

If you can post a good recipe for Girl Scout Samoas I'll let you walk me around on a leash when we meet. :thumbsup2

If you can post a good recipe for Girl Scout Samoas I'll let you walk me around on a leash when we meet. :thumbsup2

He's kidding, of course.

Because we all know he'd let you lead him around on a leash even without the cookie recipe.::yes::

:rotfl2:

He's kidding, of course.

Because we all know he'd let you lead him around on a leash even without the cookie recipe.::yes::

:rotfl2:

It's like we've known each other for years. :scared:

Get out of my head!! :scared1:

I don't have a recipe, but Little Debbie makes some "German Chocolate" cookie things that taste very similar to me.

S'okay Rosie. We won't mind what you don't wear. :teeth:

We'll go to WDW when you are done makin' the cookies. ::yes::

I don't have a recipe, but Little Debbie makes some "German Chocolate" cookie things that taste very similar to me.

Little Debbie makes German chocolate cookie thingies?? :confused3

I'll have to keep an eye open for those "Little Waxies", as my friend calls them. :rolleyes:

I thought this might be a good place to post this....

The Easiest Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe....EVAR!

Ingredients
--1 cup of peanut butter
--1 cup of sugar
--1 egg

Put the peanut butter, sugar and egg into a bowl, then mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until you get a consistent, moist dough-like mixture. Make little walnut-sized balls with the "dough" and put them on a non-stick cookie sheet. Have your oven pre-heated at 350, and bake them for 10-12 minutes. You'll know they're done when the texture goes from shiny to matte, and the tops start to crack just a tiny bit.

Voila! You'll have 18-24 yummy cookies.....and you technically didn't even make a real dough. :thumbsup2

TIPS:
--Whatever you do, DO NOT use more than a cup of sugar because the cookies will become gritty.
--I prefer using less than a cup of sugar because I don't like my cookies overly sweet. I usually measure a cup and then take out a few tablespoons before pouring it into the bowl.
--If your balls of dough don't flatten out, it probably means you got the measurements wrong. I "eyeballed" the measurements the last time I made them and they came out round and kinda dry. (When they're done right the outside should be slightly crisp, while the inside is nice and moist.)
--DO NOT use Skippy peanut butter. :lmao: For some reason, the friend who gave me this recipe said that was the only brand that didn't work well with these cookies. He said, "Even Value Time peanut butter worked......but Skippy not only made them taste nasty, but it also made the house stink while they baked". :confused3
--Don't over-mix your ingredients.

Despite all the tips I just gave, these are ridiculously easy to make, and with both prep and bake time they should only take about 15-20 minutes to make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter