Theme park bus routes

disnaholic

<font color=red>Hey HUSBAND, hands off my tag!!!</
I was wondering if there are any bus routes that provide park to park transportation at the world. For example, if we are at MGM and want to hop over to Magic Kingdom on the disney buses. I really hope we don't have to go all the way back to the resort to catch a bus to MK.
Thanks for any info!!!!:)

7 more days!!

Yes. Busses run in two ways, park to park, and resort to park. Its only resort to resort that is difficult.

Of course between MK and EPCOT you take the monorail.

Have fun!!
Cindy

Actually I think this is no longer true...there is the MK/EC monorail and the boats between EC/MGM..but I believe otherwise you may have to go through the TTC...when we were there in Oct 2001 I asked how to get from MK to MGM and was told to either go to a resort or the TTC to catch an MGM bus from there. I don't know how you get to AK from other parks. ( I have not been back to AK since Feb 2000.) We were told that the buses are paid for BY the resort hotels, not the parks. At Disney the resorts and parks are independent cost centers, so resorts won't/don't pay for a bus that goes from park to park.

PKS44 is right. You can take the monrail between MK & Epcot(you will have to switch at the TTC). There is a boat that runs between Epcot & MGM. Otherwise, you'll have to go to the TTC or a resort.

between Jan and the end of may... there was a bus that ran from Disney-MGM Studios to Epcot (and ep. to mgm)

the bus is alot faster then the boat...

AK has buses that go to all the other parks - I certainly got one to MGM.

Also from the resorts you can take buses to Downtown Disney.

From the water parks, if I recall rightly, you can get buses to the major theme parks and resorts but when we left BB during the day we had to get a bus to Yacht Club (or other resort) to get a bus to Downtown Disney.

All buses from other parks go to the TTC. Only resort buses go directly to the MK bus area.

Ahhh very observant there of my deliberate mistake ;)

MK to AK mono or ferry to TTC and then bus to AK

Downtown to AK bus to TTC and then bus to AK

All resorts to AK bus direct to AK

MGM & Epcot to AK bus direct to AK

sorry for confusion there.

In January, we took a bus from Animal Kingdom directly to Epcot. We didnt have to go to TTC. It went from AK to Epcot!

You only go through the TTC if you're traveling to or from MK. At the MK, there are only bus stops right outside the parks for the Disney hotels (plus Swan and Dolphin). You take a monorail or ferry to TTC to catch buses to other parks (monorail to Epcot).

The routes between the other parks are direct buses. I've never noticed a bus between MGM and Epcot, but I'll believe that there is one there (at least some of the time) if people have seen it. There's also a boat that runs from MGM to the International Gateway at Epcot.

I should have been more specific in my original reply. My answer was a reply to PKS44's post "Does the AK -MK bus go to the TTC or to the MK?" that immediately preceeded my reply. The information was intended as an answer for that question ONLY.

Sorry for any confusion.

Downtown to AK bus to TTC and then bus to AK

no buses from DTD go to the TTC....
easyest way is to take a bus to a resort, and then from that resort take a bus to AK...

If you are staying on Disney property, you should be able to get a transportation map from your hotel. They don't always have the most direct route, but they do give you the routes to go everywhere.

Anna

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter