The year of living Disney TR - Winter edition! Update! 11/27/17 mini November trip report

HI everyone! :wave2:

I'm so sorry for the lack of action and updates on this TR! Real life has taken over, nothing bad, thankfully, just busy, busy, busy, and at the end of the day I just haven't been into writing lately, so I'm sorry! :flower3:

In exciting other news it's almost time for my next trip! My oldest DD and I leave on Friday and will spend our first night at POR in a Royal Room and then move over to the BCV for 5 nights :yay:. We are getting really excited! It looks like the weather is going to be awesome, and we get to catch the very beginning of Epcot F&G, which is something I've always wanted to see.

We have a fun DISmeet planned for Friday night with @chunkymonkey, @LindseyJo22, and @Elevationist which should be a ton of fun, and then breakfast at the Wave the next morning ( mimosa's anyone??)

Instead of doing a "Spring" TR I think I'm just going to do a semi live report within this report while we are there. For some reason it's actually easier for me to get it done while I'm there (and remembering what I did that day) than after I get home and Real life gets in the way.

We have some fun stuff planned and are eating at some places we've never been before. Next I just need to get my hiney in gear and start packing! 3 days of work this week and we're off to see the Mouse!!

Hope all is well with everyone ! I'll continue with my Winter TR and hopefully get it wrapped up before 2018 comes around :rolleyes1

:dumbo:

Last edited:
Hey! Just saw this. By now you are snuggly sleeping at the World, or too excited to sleep. :rotfl2: Have a great trip! :wave:

Hi guys!

We made it! We left Denver in a snow storm and arrived in sunny FL!

Yesterday we just checked out POR and then went to Disney Springs for dinner and man was it crowded! Probably because of the Princess half marathon weekend going in. We just grabbed a quick dinner at Cookes of Dublin ( yea fish & chips!) and then went to Amorette's for this
IMG_2016.JPG
Opera cake and mini Mickey dome- they were delicious!

After wandering through the crowds at DS we went iver to the Poly to meet up with @chunkymonkey and @LindseyJo22 for a drink, it was a lot of fun
IMG_2033.JPG
We are checking out of our royal room this morning and then moving over to the Beach Club Villas!
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG
Have a great day everyone!

Looks like a ton of fun so far!!!!! Have a great time

Looks like a ton of fun so far!!!!! Have a great time

We have been having a blast! But feet hurt already and it's only the first full day! Oy

saw your posts on FB, glad you're having a great time!

It's been awesome so far!

When we went in Nov. I looked at the Mickey dome, it looks too cute to eat lol! Might try one next time :)

You should try it, I felt really guilty killing it with my fork but it was so delicious!

Hiya pals!

We are back in our room at the Beach club villas after an awesome and chock full of fun day. Before I write anything else I'm going to apologize for any type-o's that may happen because I'm doing updates on my phone and am too tired to proofread anything, ha! :p

We started our day saying goodbye to to POR and headed over to the contemporary for a breakfast Dismeet with @chunkymonkey and @Elevationist

IMG_2058.JPG
Wow I'm
Short!
Anyhoo, we had a great breakfast at the Wave, it's so nice to sit with new friends who feel like you've been friends forever ::yes::
Then Devin and I went to the MK amd hit up quite a few rides and paused for the HM photographer
IMG_2045.JPG
MK got really crowded around 12:30 so we bounced on outta there to check into the BCV. Our room is nice, a little lax on the "theming" and of course we got the room at the very end of the hallway. Woo hoo! More walking! But in all honesty it's cool because it's on the fifth floor overlooking the canal and we got a cool huge pie shaped balcony. I tried to upload a photo but it's giving me some kind of error message :confused3
After a bit of a rest ( aka Devin passed out ) we walked over to Epcot for the evening and had dinner at Teppan Edo

IMG_2057.JPG
That was really fun! After dinner we were able to do single rider at TT and then hopped on spaceship earth and then met up with @chunkymonkey and her husband again to catch the last ride of Soarin for the night.
Here are some cute photos of the Epcot Topiaries pre F&G
IMG_2051.JPG

Ok I guess you only get Pooh because whenever I try to upload some photos it keeps telling me the file is too big. It was a great first day, the weather was perfect and it's been awesome hanging out with Devin since we don't get much one on one time at home.
Tomorrow we head back to MK and maybe AK in the evening to try and catch ROL

Oh wait! One more pic that will upload right
IMG_2054.JPG
Hope you are having a great day wherever you are today!
:tinker:

Yay! I'm going to have to subscribe to your thread now obviously :) It was so nice to meet you!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at Epcot, and I'm excited that the topiaries are up - Pooh is one of my favorites :D

Jealous you got to ride Soarin - as I'm sure you saw, our Epcot day got derailed - but I loved the new Soarin when we rode it last!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip :)

We are checking out of our royal room this morning and then moving over to the Beach Club Villas!
I stayed in a Royal Room before. It was cute the first couple days, my DD loved it, but then the novelty kind of wears off. It was a nice resort though. I hope you enjoy the rest of the trip!

:eek:So you know how you go to Disney and a 24 hour time span seems like only 12? I think time has played a fast forward kind of trick on me! The days are flying by and I know I'm a day behind checking in and keeping you guys updated on our trip but I'm going to try to do better and post an update later today when we have a mandatory rest period!

I've been exhausting poor Devin and she may never want to "Disney" with me again :rotfl:but we are having a great time and the weather has been perfect!

In the meantime, here are a few pics to tide you over

IMG_2063.JPG
IMG_2071.JPG
IMG_2074.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG

Those Everest pictures are priceless - I may have to try and do interesting poses at some point. I always have the same face :P

YAY! You're live and having a great time!

LOVE your EE photos. Yur crackin' me up!

Score on the big balcony- i hope you're having morning coffee on it!

Love the everest pictures!!!! I'm always too terrified to remember where the camera is :-)

was so nice to meet you!

It was so nice to meet you and your hubby too! That was a lot of fun!

Jealous you got to ride Soarin - as I'm sure you saw, our Epcot day got derailed - but I loved the new Soarin when we rode it last!

OH man, that was a bummer of a day for you, bit I'm so glad it all turned out ok!
I still love Soarin, though some think the new film is just ok

I stayed in a Royal Room before. It was cute the first couple days, my DD loved it, but then the novelty kind of wears off. It was a nice resort though. I hope you enjoy the rest of the trip!

We thought the royal room was great, love the theming. But I get it how after a couple of days the novelty wears off. The resort is really beautiful, isn't it? It's been my favorite mod. So far but I think I'm still partial to the "everything under one roof" resorts.

Those Everest pictures are priceless - I may have to try and do interesting poses at some point. I always have the same face

:teeth: It's fun trying to figure out new stuff for photos, keeps them all different

LOVE your EE photos. Yur crackin' me up!

:bitelip: We had a great time trying to figure out what to do in the photos, passes the time standing in line, that's for sure

Score on the big balcony- i hope you're having morning coffee on it!

Total score on the big balcony, but the room did have some drawbacks. Will explain in my final thoughts post.

Just got back from Cuba and have the sunburn and the bug bites to prove it. But my Disney park vouchers are sitting in my secret hiding place waiting to be used in the future, so I'll keep hanging on :)

Cuba! Wow! How was it? Do you have any idea when you'll be heading to Disney next?

Glad you had a great time! My Disney passes (exchange vouchers) arrived in the mail, and are waiting patiently as I pay off my debts to take my next trips guilt free!

Yea! It's so nice to have the ticket part of your trip taken care of though, is t it?

Love the everest pictures!!!! I'm always too terrified to remember where the camera

:goodvibes We do single rider on Everest a lot and i kinda feel guilty for messing up somebody else's photo with weird faces... But hey, it's fun for us!

Day 3
Since I already posted most of the photos I took his day I'll just do a quick synopsis before I forget!

We woke up and caught the bus to MK, the mornings were beautiful the week we were there, a little cooler and very comfortable for us Colorado folks. On the bus ride over we could see all the runners doing the half marathon, wow, there were a lot of them!! You could see people running for miles ( literally! :rotfl:) but it was so cool to see them all dressed up in their running princess costumes. It made me think that perhaps someday I'll do a Run Disney event, but will probably stick with just a 5 or 10K. We saw lots and lots of people in the parks with their metals, good job guys!!!

MK was really busy that morning and they were sending pretty much everyone thru the metal detectors. That's something I noticed throughout most of the trip. No more "you've been randomly selected to go through". It was most everyone they were sending through. I don't know if it was because it was race weekend, or if they've started doing this as an everyday thing, but it did make getting into the parks take just a wee bit longer.

We then went to BOG for lunch and it was good, pretty standard BOG food, but we sat in the west wing which was new for me so that was cool.

We spent a little more time in MK and then decided to hop over to AK to maybe see about catching the ROL show. We were able to ride Everest a couple of times ( hence the funny photos ) and were then going to do Dinoraur, something we had never been on, but as soon as we got in the que it came to a screeching halt
and didn't move for 10 min. Devin was getting tired and grumpy ( kids these days :rolleyes1) so we jumped the line and went to grab a snack.

If you've never had the pulled pork cheese fries ( I think we were at Flame Tree BBQ) you must put them on your list! They are fries smothered in liquid cheese topped with pulled pork and drizzled with BBQ sauce.....yum!!!
image.jpeg
Thanks Disney Food Blog for letting me borrow your photo

Another awesome thing thing about Flame Tree BBQ is that there are lots of places to sit. Keep in mind that they are all outside, so if you find yourself there on a typical Florida summer day it's going to be Tarzan hot out there, but the evening we were there it was lovely!

After our snack we desperately needed to rest our beat up feet and went back to the Beach Club for a while. Devin grabbed a nap and I was able to snag a late ADR at Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk. It's a lovely walk between the BC and the BW, and it was especially nice not to have to get back on a bus to go to dinner. Sorry but I didn't take any food pictures there, but the food was decent and the service was really nice. It probably isn't high on my bucket list to return again and again, but for a last minute reservation it was solid Italian food, and hit the spot after a long day.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter