The year of living Disney TR - Winter edition! Update! 11/27/17 mini November trip report

Those pork fries look amazing. Not sure how I didn't know about them, but totally have to try them now

If you've never had the pulled pork cheese fries ( I think we were at Flame Tree BBQ) you must put them on your list! They are fried smothered in liquid cheese topped with pulled pork and drizzled with BBQ sauce.....yum!!!
Oh, liquid plastic cheese, how I miss you. I thought they got rid of all that. Nice to see it's still available in some things. Regrettably, I have never even been to Flame Tree. There are so many things I would like to try there, but these fries might just be at the top of the list now.

:laughing: Love the EE photos!
We had dinner at Trattoria in 2015. Like you we thought it was fine, but nothing we'd rush back to. I did however make an ADR for Steve and I for the new character breakfast there when we go in May :goodvibes

but will probably stick with just a 5 or 10K.

I'm actually thinking VERY seriously of training for a 5K again, and can see myself doing the one in January here.

image-jpeg.223865

Well, that certainly just skyrocketed to the top of my list.

I was able to snag a late ADR at Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk.

Always wanted to try this one. I think if I eat at BW again, I'd put this over FF just because I haven't tried it yet.

Ooh look at those cheese fries! They sound good, better than the nachos we had at Tortuga Tavern. It was also packed there (it was the day after the half). I can't believe how crowded MK was, it felt like I was there in the peak summer months - but without the insane heat of course.
I asked the bag check people if everyone goes through the metal detectors now, and they said almost 90% of people do, and they said it will eventually be at 100%. :faint: Looks like those long waits at bag check will be inevitable. I am thinking of forgoing a bag now, but I'm the sort of person that likes having her "stuff" with her at all times, and DH likes to bring like 3 bottles of water and his refillable mug with him, plus sunscreen and all sorts of knick knaks. Think we cannot avoid it lol.

It was fun closing out Epcot with you guys! I'm glad we got to ride Soarin' that one time because we didn't get to go on it again.

You didn't miss much with RoL. It's a pretty show but like I said, not terribly exciting. I like Fantasmic and WoC better.

Glad Devin had a great time and was able to do some power Disney! :)

HI guys! I promise I'm not trying to ignore you! :wave:

I caught the dreaded post Disney bug and have been fighting an upper respiratory virus for the past few days :crazy2:

I think I cursed myself though because one evening while Devin and I were in the single rider line for Test Track we struck up a conversation with a mom who was telling us her kids get the dreaded Disney bug almost every time they go and I was all " wow that must be awful, I never get sick" annnnnd here we are, with the crud.

Once I get back from looking and feeling like death warmed over I promise I'll get to reply's and writing the next chapter :thumbsup2

:dumbo:

HI guys! I promise I'm not trying to ignore you! :wave:

I caught the dreaded post Disney bug and have been fighting an upper respiratory virus for the past few days :crazy2:

I think I cursed myself though because one evening while Devin and I were in the single rider line for Test Track we struck up a conversation with a mom who was telling us her kids get the dreaded Disney bug almost every time they go and I was all " wow that must be awful, I never get sick" annnnnd here we are, with the crud.

Once I get back from looking and feeling like death warmed over I promise I'll get to reply's and writing the next chapter :thumbsup2

:dumbo:

Oh no! Hope you feel better! I hope Steve didn't give you guys anything. i was feeling a little bit ill towards the end of our trip but I managed to stave it off with sudafed and flonase. Hope it doesnt' last too long for you and you'll be back to normal soon!

Ok, I'm upright, showered ( yea!) and was back at work today! :dance3:

Those pork fries look amazing. Not sure how I didn't know about them, but totally have to try them now
I can't believe I knew something about Disney food that you didn't know! :scared1: They are amazeballs

Regrettably, I have never even been to Flame Tree. There are so many things I would like to try there, but these fries might just be at the top of the list now.

I've been to Flame Tres a total of 2 times, both for those fries. Must get the fries!

If I am a very, very, very good girl, I hope to be back to Disney at the end of 2018.

That's not TOO bad, but the waiting is the hardest part!

I was a bit too nervous this visit to do any exploring, so we just stayed on the resort the whole week.

Glad you had fun though, although I think I would be afraid to venture off the resort too...bit you've been to Cuba! Wow!

Love the EE photos!

Thanks! :rotfl: We had fun being goobers

I did however make an ADR for Steve and I for the new character breakfast there when we go in May

I'd love to hear how breakfast there is, looks like fun

Well, that certainly just skyrocketed to the top of my list.

They are super yummy scrumptious piles of goodnes!

Ooh look at those cheese fries! T

Foreshadowing, those and the pot roast Mac and cheese you recommended might just be my fav. Disney food ever!

I asked the bag check people if everyone goes through the metal detectors now, and they said almost 90% of people do, and they said it will eventually be at 100%

I kinda figured that was coming

I am thinking of forgoing a bag now, but I'm the sort of person that likes having her "stuff" with her at all times, and DH likes to bring like 3 bottles of water and his refillable mug with him, plus sunscreen and all sorts of knick knaks. Think we cannot avoid it lol.

I'd love to go bagless, but I'm also that sort of person who needs "stuff" and my park attire never seems to have pockets, so I guess I'm stuck in bag check line...

It was fun closing out Epcot with you guys! I'm glad we got to ride Soarin' that one time because we didn't get to go on it again.

It was so much fin! I was totally impress with Steve and his motivation to get on Soarin' that night

I hope Steve didn't give you guys anything.

Oh, no, I'm sure he didn't, there has been all kinds of crud going around here lately too, who knows where we picked it up

Hope it doesnt' last too long for you and you'll be back to normal soon!

Starting to feel much more normal, thanks!

Feel better soon!

Hi! :wave2: And thanks so much!!!

Day 4
This morning we decided to go back over to Animal Kingdom for a while. I had made FP's for Everest, Safari and Kali. Has anyone ever noticed how f a r the busses drop you off from the front of the park? It's like it's own Wild Africa Trek right there. We did, however get a small glimpse of Pandora and the progress of the floating mountains. I've never been over the moon excited about Avatar Land, but have seen lots of promo's on TV about it lately and I must say it's got me interested!

Once we made the 5 mile walk from the bus into AK we chatted it up with the Yeti, then chillaxed on the safari before taking a lovely raft ride on Kali. I wish I had gotten a photo but behind us in line was a group of foreign girls who were basically covering themselves from head to toe in plastic so as not to get wet. We thought it was pretty comical. Seriously, the shoes they had on they put into plastic bags and secured with rubber bands at the top so not one drop of water gets through. No girls, they give you a raft to ride in, you don't have to body surf the whole way. :sad2:

I am a big fan of Kali but if you've ever been to Disneyland and have ridden Grizzly River Run it wins the battle of the circle raft rides hands down.:worship:

We walked off our wet butts and decided to go back to the resort for some much needed pool time. Ironic, you dry off your butt just to get in the pool and get it wet again...

image.jpeg
(I borrowed this photo from my June TR)

Anyhow, in my opinion the Beach/Yacht club has the very best pool. The sandy bottom feels amazing on tired feet, and even though it's small and very slow, the lazy river is a lot of fun. I will spare you the horror of me in a swimsuit, bit here is Devin trying to stupify a duck
image.jpeg
Looks like it worked!

After a couple of blissful hours at the pool we rested in the room for a while and got cleaned up for our one Signature ADR for this trip, Yachtsman Steakhouse!

I was really looking forward to this dinner, as Yachtsman has been on my bucket list for a while now, and it was everything I had hoped for..

We started with the lovely lobster bisque

image.jpeg

And Devin continued on the lobster train with a little surf and turf, a filet and lobster tail ( add on from what was covered on the DP)

image.jpeg

I went traditional with the filet, a perfect medium rare, with the most insanely good mashed potatoes on the planet.

image.jpeg

And we each had a creme brûlée to top it all off.

image.jpeg

It was a lovely Mom/daughter dinner and our server, Barry, was wonderful. We gave it four thumbs up :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

After dinner we waddled back to our room and turned on our favorite channel, which happened to be the only one we watched the whole trip. Can you guess which channel it was???

I went traditional with the filet, a perfect medium rare, with the most insanely good mashed potatoes on the planet.
That looks fantastic. It's my kind of meal - meat and potatoes. And you can't go wrong with creme brulee. I think Yachtsman is at the top of my list of restaurants I want to try. I just need to convince DW and oldest DD. They don't eat beef, at all, so I can never get them to go anywhere with steak in the name.

Can you guess which channel it was???
I'll have to say Stacy just because I think that's pretty much the only thing I watch when I'm there, if I turn on the TV at all!

Ok, I'm upright, showered ( yea!) and was back at work today! :dance3:

Glad you are feeling better!

Foreshadowing, those and the pot roast Mac and cheese you recommended might just be my fav. Disney food ever!

I have to try those fries! Omg that mac n cheese was so good. It'll probably be my go-to quick service for the next trip!

I kinda figured that was comingI'd love to go bagless, but I'm also that sort of person who needs "stuff" and my park attire never seems to have pockets, so I guess I'm stuck in bag check line...

I may have to try the bagless thing...I invested in a few sparkleskirts and they have some big pockets. It does hold my phone. But sadly, not a poncho, lol.

It was so much fin! I was totally impress with Steve and his motivation to get on Soarin' that night

I think he was finally feeling better so he was so excited to get started on the good part of his vacation, one where he's not sick, haha.

Oh, no, I'm sure he didn't, there has been all kinds of crud going around here lately too, who knows where we picked it up

True everyone around me at work is sick and I'm spraying lysol all around me hahaha.

Day 4
This morning we decided to go back over to Animal Kingdom for a while. I had made FP's for Everest, Safari and Kali. Has anyone ever noticed how f a r the busses drop you off from the front of the park? It's like it's own Wild Africa Trek right there. We did, however get a small glimpse of Pandora and the progress of the floating mountains. I've never been over the moon excited about Avatar Land, but have seen lots of promo's on TV about it lately and I must say it's got me interested!

Yeah the buses stop you really far away. Ugh. So much walking. I haven't watched Pandora since it came out in theaters. I've seen snippets of it on tv but it's just not the same. It's one of those movies which needs a big screen, 3D and dolby sound. Otherwise, the story is a bit cliche but the effects are amazing. It's what makes the movie. I really want to see the new land! I guess we'll have to wait until August.

Once we made the 5 mile walk from the bus into AK we chatted it up with the Yeti, then chillaxed on the safari before taking a lovely raft ride on Kali. I wish I had gotten a photo but behind us in line was a group of foreign girls who were basically covering themselves from head to toe in plastic so as not to get wet. We thought it was pretty comical. Seriously, the shoes they had on they put into plastic bags and secured with rubber bands at the top so not one drop of water gets through. No girls, they give you a raft to ride in, you don't have to body surf the whole way. :sad2:
I am a big fan of Kali but if you've ever been to Disneyland and have ridden Grizzly River Run it wins the battle of the circle raft rides hands down.:worship:

I don't like to get wet anymore but Grizzly River Run does win over KRR. I always seem to get the most wet, so I decline to ride those rides anymore unless I am leaving the park for the resort right after and I can change. I used to bring clothes to change in but that was just a pain to carry around. I know about those girls, were they Asian? They really like to cover up. It'll be 95 degress out and they will wear long sleeves, or a hoodie, a hat, long pants, socks and sneakers. I'm seriously thinking they are afraid of the sun just like they are of water. Hahah.

Anyhow, in my opinion the Beach/Yacht club has the very best pool. The sandy bottom feels amazing on tired feet, and even though it's small and very slow, the lazy river is a lot of fun. I will spare you the horror of me in a swimsuit, bit here is Devin trying to stupify a duck
View attachment 225505
Looks like it worked!

When we walked by Beach Club we were very impressed with Stormalong bay. I will stay there one day!

After a couple of blissful hours at the pool we rested in the room for a while and got cleaned up for our one Signature ADR for this trip, Yachtsman Steakhouse!

I was really looking forward to this dinner, as Yachtsman has been on my bucket list for a while now, and it was everything I had hoped for..

Yay!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

We started with the lovely lobster bisque

View attachment 225520

And Devin continued on the lobster train with a little surf and turf, a filet and lobster tail ( add on from what was covered on the DP)

View attachment 225522

View attachment 225521

And we each had a creme brûlée to top it all off.

View attachment 225523

It was a lovely Mom/daughter dinner and our server, Barry, was wonderful. We gave it four thumbs up :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Looks AMAAAAAZING!!! Seriously I've never not loved a meal there. It's delicious and the service is so friendly, I'm always guaranteed lovely evening whenever I'm here.

After dinner we waddled back to our room and turned on our favorite channel, which happened to be the only one we watched the whole trip. Can you guess which channel it was???

Stacy?

I've never looked into this. I guess the main reason I have never stayed deluxe is the prices. I was also never sure how to go about renting DVC points.

Ditto! Can't wait to read more!

ETA: And of course, am loving your TR! :daisy:

Last edited:
I'm guessing along with @Terra Nova guy that you watched Stacey! I could leave her on the whole trip and not tire of her loop :)
Your entree at Yachtsman looks perfect! I also love the rolls with garlic cloves they serve there and I just made a reservation to go back in May, I can't wait!
I feel the same way about Avatar. I wasn't that interested in it but lately with all the promos I've seen and the behind the scenes show The View did, I'm getting kind of excited for it.

They don't eat beef, at all, so I can never get them to go anywhere with steak in the name.

Kind of a bummer, but I get it, my Daughter in law doesn't eat beef either. Do they have aversions to people eating beef near them too, I'm sure there are non beef things on the menu :)

I'll have to say Stacy just because I think that's pretty much the only thing I watch when I'm there, if I turn on the TV at all!

Good guess..... But not quite right

Glad you are feeling better!

Thanks! Me too! :thumbsup2

Omg that mac n cheese was so good. It'll probably be my go-to quick service for the next trip!

The mac n cheese was fantastic, I think it will be my must get quick service item for EVERY trip! That and the strawberry oolong tea slush from the China pavilion in Epcot....yum!!

invested in a few sparkleskirts and they have some big pockets. It does hold my phone. But sadly, not a poncho, lol.

Cute! Ya, ponchos are a little big for pockets! :laughing:

It's one of those movies which needs a big screen, 3D and dolby sound.

I agree, it kinda looses it's effect on the TV at home

really want to see the new land! I guess we'll have to wait until August.

Ugh, I'm waiting too, until November! But at least maybe the crowds won't be so insane by then

I know about those girls, were they Asian? They really like to cover up. It'll be 95 degress out and they will wear long sleeves, or a hoodie, a hat, long pants, socks and sneakers

:blush: They were!

Looks AMAAAAAZING!!! Seriously I've never not loved a meal there. It's delicious and the service is so friendly, I'm always guaranteed lovely evening whenever I'm here.

It really was a great dinner. I also loved that it was a nice place bit had more of a casual vibe to it, we liked that.

:confused3

Ditto! Can't wait to read more!

ETA: And of course, am loving your TR!

:wave2:Hi there! Thanks so much for reading!! Answer coming up...

I'm guessing along with @Terra Nova guy that you watched Stacey! I could leave her on the whole trip and not tire of her loop :)

Lots of votes for Stacey!

Your entree at Yachtsman looks perfect! I also love the rolls with garlic cloves they serve there and I just made a reservation to go back in May, I can't wait!

It was perfection on a carnivorous plate. And oh the roasted garlic and rolls....I could use a dozen of those right about now.

Mmmmmm, creme brulee and lobster? That pool is now on my bucket list. I've already been bad and we are getting new cell phones, but hey, gotta live a little bit, right? I will henceforth get remotivated!!

Yes! Yum and yum again! The pool at BC is fantastic, and lots of places to lounge too! Yep, you've gotta live a little bit, cell phones are a necessity, not an extravagance, so I think you're good:thumbsup2

Stacey was the popular vote, and I do love me some Stacey but there are times when I'm wiped out at night or have just woken up that I'm just not ready for her everlasting perkiness.:laughing:. This channel we had on in the morning getting ready for our day, and again in the evening when we were winding down.

image.jpeg
The WDW today channel! It almost became a challenge to us at first, to see if we could just watch one thing and not flip channels the whole time, but after a couple of days we got so used to it being on in the background we started to guess which song would be playing when we turned it back on. ( we never did guess right) Ok, so we "listened" to it more than we watched it, but the music is so nice and soothing! We are weird, I know.

Good guessing though everyone!

Last edited:
No worries! I'm so glad to have you here now though! :woohoo:it's so hard to get caught back up, isn't it? I'm still working on it myself!

:rolleyes1

ahem..... well... trying to catch up again....

I kinda like the long layover too, no stress catching the next flight for sure

::yes:: That last one I had.... :sad2:

More like drop dead coma type of sleep::yes::

Yup!

Sorry, vertically challenged mining folk:-)

There ya go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter