The year is 2024...

Remember, Port Canaveral is refitting CT 10 which is right next to the Disney Terminal (CT 8) to be a 2nd ship terminal during the high season so that can support 2 ships in port at the same time so most likely they'll continue the bulk of their sailings out of Flordia. In addition there are plans to build an exclusive terminal on Dodge Island at Port Miami to accommodate the new LNG ships, since most of the current terminals don't have LNG facilities available, so that would require them trucking in the gas to fill the ships. The new terminal in Miami will be located on the south side of Dodge Island (according to the recent news reports) next to the RCCL headquarters and the pier used for smaller ships like Fred Olsen or P&O Lines. I highly doubt that DCL will be positioning ANY ships in Asia or Australia in the foreseeable future the economy just won't support them there. Flights for U.S. Passengers to and from the origination points plus the cost of the cruise will make it financially unfeasible I think for most DCL fans.

Yes, the Wonder was outfitted for the colder waters in Alaska, also. There are ports there that require a "smaller" ship.

Same for the Magic in Europe/Baltic, some ports can't take big ships.
There are longer ships already sailing to many of the same ports in Alaska. The issue for DCL is the height of the ship at Lions Gate bridge. Vancouver is already looking at options to bring in taller ships, possibly a new port area. That could mean a Dream class ship might be an option in the future. Seattle could also replace Vancouver for the Alaska summer season.

There are longer ships already sailing to many of the same ports in Alaska. The issue for DCL is the height of the ship at Lions Gate bridge. Vancouver is already looking at options to bring in taller ships, possibly a new port area. That could mean a Dream class ship might be an option in the future. Seattle could also replace Vancouver for the Alaska summer season.
Well, DCL already tried Seattle. That didn't go over well with the PVSA debacle.

Other lines get around it by stopping in Vancouver or Victoria as one of the ports.
The problem was the people who wanted to combine the LA/Vancouver, Vancouver/Seattle cruises as a B2B. Or the Seattle/Vancouver B2B with Vancouver/Hawaii. Neither of those is legal under the PVSA.

To reposition to Seattle, assuming they continue to depart from San Diego, they'd have to go to Vancouver for the repo cruise. Then head back to Seattle. That's what they did the year they cruised out of Seattle, with the Van/Sea cruise being a full 7 night Alaska cruise. But, again SD/Van B2B with Van/Sea would be illegal.

The problem was the people who wanted to combine the LA/Vancouver, Vancouver/Seattle cruises as a B2B. Or the Seattle/Vancouver B2B with Vancouver/Hawaii. Neither of those is legal under the PVSA.

To reposition to Seattle, assuming they continue to depart from San Diego, they'd have to go to Vancouver for the repo cruise. Then head back to Seattle. That's what they did the year they cruised out of Seattle, with the Van/Sea cruise being a full 7 night Alaska cruise. But, again SD/Van B2B with Van/Sea would be illegal.

I don’t know what the other lines do. I just know that at least HAL, Princess, and NCL have Alaska cruises round trip from Seattle. (Sailed on HAL, passed NCL on the way to the terminal, and Princess was next to us before departure.)

I don’t know what the other lines do. I just know that at least HAL, Princess, and NCL have Alaska cruises round trip from Seattle. (Sailed on HAL, passed NCL on the way to the terminal, and Princess was next to us before departure.)
Yes, they usually sail to Vancouver, and do a one night repo back to Seattle for the Alaska season. That's what works for them. Now, could DCL also do this? Certainly. Will DCL do this? I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter