The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Screamscape:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - (7/13/09) Screamscape sources tell us that Dueling Dragons may finally be forced to shut down for it’s final transformation in late August. According to what we’ve been told the ride will likely be renamed Dragon’s Challenge, but when it returns it will apparently come back with an even darker look and theme. No more Fire and Ice dragon either… as apparently even the track colors may be repainted in much darker tones. Meanwhile the nearby Flying Unicorn is still said to be renamed Flying Hippogriff as expected.

The big rumored news however is what I’ve been expecting to be announced… and that a custom built MagiQuest system will be brought into the park. Not only in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but from what I’ve been told little things will be added all throughout the park’s other lands that will react to the magic wands purchased by guests. You’ll only have to look out for little “lightning bolt” symbols here and there to tell you where to aim your wand.

From Screamscape:
The big rumored news however is what I’ve been expecting to be announced… and that a custom built MagiQuest system will be brought into the park. Not only in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but from what I’ve been told little things will be added all throughout the park’s other lands that will react to the magic wands purchased by guests. You’ll only have to look out for little “lightning bolt” symbols here and there to tell you where to aim your wand.

That sounds like a great idea! It's a shame about DD closing I suppose, but I've never been that big a fan anyway.

I really hope they announce a better opening time frame soon, or at least some dates...Dec 2009-June 2010 is really broad...we're planning our next trip around when this will be open, but of course...can't plan our next trip until we know when it will be open!

Thanks for sharing all this info! The pics look amazing! I have been a Harry Potter fan since the books came out. I have the same birthday as Harry Potter - July 31st. :goodvibes

From Screamscape:

kind of like the talking mickey, eh..........

i remember when those programmed mickeys came out and kids and adults carried him around in the motherland parks listening to his tips.

From Orlando United:

As far as attractions go, here is what has been rumored to be included:

Attractions:

1. Retheme Dueling Dragons into a Tri-Wizard Tournament based Dragons coaster
2. Retheme Flying Unicorn into Care of Magical Creatures Flying Hippogriff
3. The Robocoaster based Dark Ride
4. a special effects heavy show called something like Hogwarts: An Introduction to Magic
5. And a MagiQuest based interactive scavenger hunt. Where you use an infered wand to trigger effects (similar to Kim Possible at EPCOT).

Dining:

1. The Three Broomsticks
2. The Great Hall (food court-like)
and maybe
3. Honeydukes Sweet Shop (candy store)
4. Hog's Head Pub

Shopping:

1. Dervish and Banges (Potter Swag)
And maybe
2. Zonko's Joke Shop
3. Gladrag's Wizardwear

Courtesy of annabannaboo, Orlando United

annabannaboo said:
Here are some construction pictures from today:

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

The picture with the piece of what looks like rock, looks very interesting. Orlando United tends to have some great pictures. I love the ones from page 55.

The picture with the piece of what looks like rock, looks very interesting. Orlando United tends to have some great pictures. I love the ones from page 55.

Thanks for your comments. The pics you mentioned are actually from BrianOrndorf.com

I've posted the entire series on page 1 of this thread. :thumbsup2

Emma Watson said that they (the cast) had been filming some 'stuff' for WWWHP on UK TV this weekend :thumbsup2

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

Disneyhead said:
In the field off of Turkey Lake:
125gdig.jpg

Wire base for the rockwork on Hogwarts
15gce2c.jpg

New structure on the front of Hogwarts
240yfxg.jpg

1415kkz.jpg

v310eu.jpg

If you look closely you can see Hogsmeade Station
2nljch.jpg

The structure on the left is new and I believe it is the Owl Post Office
29egpww.jpg

Better view od the Owl Post Office
2z68c9g.jpg

And I have no clue what this is
20rjzbq.jpg

Gosh, great set of pictures, but very depressing!! Up until I saw THESE, I felt the pictures looked like progress was quite far in. These make things look *very* skeletal...
Well...they have a year before HP land should be open and quite a lot will be done in that time.

I agree!! Bu ti had kinda hoped they'd be open by March when I'll be down there :) ...
Nah...I know some people have been told December 2009 or early 2010 but I firmly believe it will be mid-summer next year at the absolute earliest. Don't give up hope though!

Nah...I know some people have been told December 2009 or early 2010 but I firmly believe it will be mid-summer next year at the absolute earliest. Don't give up hope though!

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Personally, I'd be happy with a soft opening even. Cause I don't think I'll get down to Orlando until 2012 after that... :confused3 ... oh well, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!