The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THank you for all the great info everyone. We stayed at Ft. Wilderness for my oldest daughters birthday and I just couldn't resist taking her back this year. Rather then a family trip we are doing a mommy daughter weekend at the lodge.

She is 4, just shy of 5 by the time we go,we only have a short trip but is there something at the Lodge that she absolutely should do while we are there? We have a courtyard view room, is there a specific view that would be better to request then any other? I'm just so excited to take her back by myself, some of my best memories as a kid involve MK. :D

Happy Anniversary!!!:love: Mine is in October too but we are going on year 14!!! The WL will be a perfect place to stay. It is so cozy and romantic!!!

I had a courtyard view and it was beautiful!!! Enjoy

Thanks so much!! Cozy and romantic will be perfect:lovestruc

Hi all

We are coming for our first ever trip to Disney in September/October, and thanks to all the fantstic info on this thread chose to stay at WL.

Only 62 days to go - so excited, can't wait!!

Whoo hoo! Under 30 days until our first WL stay!!!! Got our packet in the mail yesterday with some cool new luggage tags too! :goodvibes :cool1:

It's only 13 days to our first stay at Wilderness Lodge! We had a look around on our last visit when we were staying at the Polynesian and knew it would be our next destination! Almost ready to pack!

Whoo hoo! Under 30 days until our first WL stay!!!! Got our packet in the mail yesterday with some cool new luggage tags too! :goodvibes :cool1:

:cheer2: Yeah! for Mickey Mail :cheer2:

It's only 13 days to our first stay at Wilderness Lodge! We had a look around on our last visit when we were staying at the Polynesian and knew it would be our next destination! Almost ready to pack!

Happy Packing! I am jealous..............13 days :goodvibes

87 Days for me.

We're not far behind you... 19 days until our 1 night Platinum Plan at WL!! :cool1:

22 days until we get to the WL. Haven't stayed there since our Christmas trip in 200? Can't remember the year! But we are all super excited! We have a courtyard view booked. Can't wait to get to the lodge again! :lovestruc

Everyone who is going soon....please post reports when you get back...we are booked for the first time for next summer and I'd love to hear everything there is to know (after this thread of course!)

13 days until our first visit to the Lodge. Celebrating my DD 19th birthday. DS(15) bringing his bud. We are just so excited. These boards have been so terrific in planning. Surprising her with a cake at O'Hana our first night. Can't wait. :cool1:

14 days until we arrive at WL. It will be the 1st time in 6 years we will have all of our children with us and be together as a whole family on vacation again :) As a special treat we are staying club level :dance3: Cant believe it is almost here, it felt like we planned it so long ago and we will be there in the blink of an eye...

Did our online check-in this morning for our first ever stay @ WL. We are sooooo excited. :cool1: A lot of pictures when I get back.

Did our online check-in this morning for our first ever stay @ WL. We are sooooo excited. :cool1: A lot of pictures when I get back.

disney-3.gif
disney-3.gif

SO, we will be at the Villas (our home resort) for our first stay as DVC owners, even though we purchased our first points in May '09 lol. We are doing a 4 day stay at the cabins before we head over to the Villas for a week. This is our first split stay. I have enough sense not to buy too much for since we are going from a full size fridge to a Studio fridge. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something.... I figure once I've packed everything, call bell services and let them know we are moving to the Villas. I assume this must be done before check-out time. I also assume, unless God is with me that I will probably have to wait for check-in time to get into our studio. Is this the process and those of you that have done it has it been easy to accomplish. Lastly any recommendations? What I can do to make it easier? TIA!

:wave: Hello from the Lodge! So far, everything has been amazing and we can't wait to return, possibly for Christmas:santa:

We checked-in to the WL on Sunday and were met by a wonderful CL/CM. He even waited with DD and me while DH parked the car. He took us right up to the 7th floor and by 10:00 we were in our room.

Our room is one of only two non-suites on the Bear Face side of the Lodge. It faces the courtyard and Bay Lake. Both my requests of no connecting door and inner courtyard view were met. We then went to the lounge for breakfast and DH was so happy with the beautiful lobby and Bay Lake view from the lounge. (This is his first CL stay at WL.) The lounge and seating area is always immaculate and everything always replenished quickly. The staff bus your table even while you're still seated and they are always friendly.

We've had several beautiful welcome amenities left for us on Sunday and yesterday (I'll post photos soon) and the room has been well cleaned and turn-down provided every night.

DH and I just love The Old Faithful Club and the Lodge so much that DH doesn't ever want to stay anywhere else again. He hasn't even minded the bus to Epcot and AK today and says he doesn't miss the monorail (a first). He says that WL/CL is now his favorite resort. So yesterday I canceled the Poly/CL part of our vacation and the concierge extended us so we can remain here for 12 nights:goodvibes

Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter