The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Let's go on a safari! 6/11

A 100 minute wait in the LL for tower of terror???? I didn't know that was possible! Did you use the LL entrance for all attractions?

Yeah 100 minutes! Crazy right? Our guide thought that the ride went down earlier in the day and everyone who had a LL for that day was in the queue.

On this tour day, yes, we accessed all the attractions through the Lightning Lane.

Hmmm, Let me think about it.....maybe do it a couple of times! :)
Sounds like a plan, we just need to figure out which days!
There was a button on the side that you could change color. I think I played with it and never changed it again!
I did not even know that! Something to remember when we go back!
We were so incredibly spoiled this trip and the ViP Tour was amazing! Seth really made the day incredible. The van rides backstage were amazing!!!

It was an amazing tour, and he was such a fun guide!

When we last left off, we had just hit the highlights (for Disney California Regualars) at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and now we were on our way to the Animal Kingdom.

The electrician’s assistant called me back and acknowledged that I needed assistance, and told me that the electrician himself would get back to me as to when he could fit me into his schedule, but that I was now in the scheduling queue, and should hear back within a day or so.

Once we arrived at the Animal Kingdom, Seth was able to get us in the front of AK through a side gate that took us right into Pandora.

z24WDW0404TD31.jpg

He led us into Navi River Journey and soon we were traveling through that world. Before we boarded our vessels, he took each of our orders for our favorite drinks at Starbucks, and promised to have tasty beverages for us once we finished our ride on FoP.

z24WDW0404TD32.jpg

z24WDW0404TD33.jpg

z24WDW0404TD34.jpg

Then we headed toward FoP.

z24WDW0404TD35.jpg

He took us up on the Lightning Lane and once we reached the front of the line, he said goodbye and promised to meet us at the end. The ride was wonderful as always and as promised when we got out he had these tasty beverages for us, or at least this was mine.

z24WDW0404TD36.jpg

And here’s Jill’s beverage.

z24WDW0404TD37_dqfqfWuZnrw1T5sPBRRmit.JPG

Then we were off to MK, here we are with our first glimpse of Main Street for this trip.

z24WDW0404TD38_eRRrTjVJuNKWAPJneQDqc4.jpg

And some photo ops.

z24WDW0404TD39_dM5YbXnYWyXBGdS8GQuFZD.jpg

z24WDW0404TD40_xe3PNiBSADgXAwDT8BQcNa.jpg

Our main goal for this park, was to ride Tron, everything else was gravy. Here we are heading on the ride!

z24WDW0404TD41_uaoq53N2XftVEYSgQpmJ6u.jpg

z24WDW0404TD42.jpg

Jenny sat this one out. She wasn’t feeling well. There goes the ride over us!

z24WDW0404TD43.jpg

In the queue!

z24WDW0404TD44.jpg

It’s hard to tell if we are having fun or not!

z24WDW0404TD45.jpg

z24WDW0404TD46.jpg

After we got back from the ride Jenny said that she was done, and felt so sick that she needed to go back to the room, so she and Michael left.

Jill and I pushed on, we rode the Wedway People Mover with Seth.

z24WDW0404TD47.jpg

The two of us rode the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Again, I forgot where the picture was. I remembered as the flash went off.

z24WDW0404TD48.jpg

By this time Seth was going to drop us off at the fireworks viewing spot, but before that we stopped at the Tangled Tinkle Spot. While sitting on the potty, I realized that I was so tired, I couldn’t stand to stand for much longer. When we asked Seth earlier about the viewing area, he told us that there were not any benches to sit on, and that it was all SRO. I asked Jill before we left the restroom if she wanted to bail on the fireworks since we had seen them two days before and she completely agreed. We were both “put a fork in me” done.

Since we weren’t up to staying for the fireworks, Seth offered to drive us back to our hotel! We were so grateful! I was dreading how we would get back, boat launch, bus? Neither sounded pleasant, especially with the crowds from the fireworks getting out. That was so nice of him!

Jill and I were both pretty hungry though. We went to Roaring Forks to see what we could get. I didn’t like any of the choices, while Jill was OK with some Chicken Tenders. I told her I was going to check the Mercantile while she ordered. I said we could just meet back at the cabin with our respective choices.

I’d hoped to find some kind of nuclear meal that I could just heat in the microwave, like Stouffer’s Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, but all they had was Chicken Pot Pie, Frozen Pizza, and microwave burritos. Then I remembered that I had half a box of spaghetti in my owner’s locker. Probably from 2016 when we took Naked Jim to WDW, but that stuff doesn’t really go bad right?

I found a jar of Prego, we had bacon and chives in the room, so I figured that it wouldn’t be the worst combination of flavors and purchased the jar of pasta sauce. It was only $3 with my AP discount. Jill ate her chicken tenders and crawled in the hot tub. Here’s my pasta dinner that I ate hot tub side.

z24WDW0404TD49.jpg

While she enjoyed the hot tub, I finished off her open bottle of sparkling rose wine, since we would be switching resorts the next day. It was certainly good and hit the spot. We saw the Electric Water Parade one last time from the patio.

z24WDW0404TD50.jpg

By the time I finished my food she was getting out of the hot tub, and getting ready to go to bed, so instead of enjoying the hot tub one last time, I packed up some of my things for the move the next day and also hit the sack.

Here’s the stats.

z24WDW0404TD51.jpg

Nothing I like better than free Starbucks that someone else hands me! Tron was ok. I'm not a fan of the movies and the position on the bike is uncomfortable....the story is weak especially when compared to Guardians but it was still fun. My picture is awful! LOL

I was so tired and already thinking about asking Alison if she wanted to call it so I'm glad she spoke up! The ride back to the resort was so nice! The chicken tenders hit the spot and the hot tub was very much needed!

Jill in CO

I'm enjoying following along in the background. Apologies that I haven't made many (any?) comments. V&A sounds incredible. I haven't been for at least ten years and think I need to revisit sometime soon! The cabin looks so cozy and delightful. I can't imagine a better place to wait out a FL storm. How amazing to be able to watch the water pageant from your porch!! VIP tours are so fun but definitely tiring.

SPOILER: the "easter egg" at the bottom of the sign in Tower of Terror is
a bunch of letters that are somewhat haphazardly placed, looking like the fell off the sign, that spell out "take the stairs" :laughing:

I think you might enjoy that. I know when Leonard did it at 21 Royal they did a fabulous job of curating interesting beverages.
Well, all right, then!
I know, but I seem to have a hard time sleeping now in places that aren't my own bed.
Yes, I saw you mentioned that.
Definitely spoiled!
:goodvibes
I don't know, but it didn't help me when he wasn't there.
No, it sure wouldn't. :sad2:
There are some in Japan, China, and I think Hong Kong.
Huh! Had no idea.
Yes you should. Although Jill and I are talking about going back just for the sweet crepes.
Good plan. That's what I would do.
Huh, that seems odd.
It was pretty surprising. I look at a couple sites that have funny or interesting or beautiful pictures... and that popped up.
::yes:: As I said we are talking about going back for just the sweet crepes. Maybe we will each get one and share bites.
Good plan. :thumbsup2
In the end we only got three songs on our four rides.
I wonder how many there are?
This is just the beginning!
popcorn::
But it will in December! :teeth:
::yes::
I know! There I know all the camera! :laughing:
As evidenced by your Space Mtn photo. ::yes::

The electrician’s assistant called me back and acknowledged that I needed assistance, and told me that the electrician himself would get back to me as to when he could fit me into his schedule, but that I was now in the scheduling queue, and should hear back within a day or so.
A clear indication that we need more tradespeople.
Seth was able to get us in the front of AK through a side gate that took us right into Pandora.
Nice!
Before we boarded our vessels, he took each of our orders for our favorite drinks at Starbucks, and promised to have tasty beverages for us once we finished our ride on FoP.
Maybe that's even nicer. :)
He took us up on the Lightning Lane and once we reached the front of the line, he said goodbye and promised to meet us at the end.
No wait for FoP! Okay, that's the nicest. :laughing:
this was mine.
Hmmm... says "VIP"...
And here’s Jill’s beverage.
Does not say "VIP"... favouritism??? Hmmmm????
here we are with our first glimpse of Main Street for this trip.
Crowded!
Nice shot of everyone. :)
Seth looks like he's a fun guy. :)
Jenny sat this one out. She wasn’t feeling well.
Oh, that's too bad.
I'd say it looks like 50% of you look like you're having fun.
After we got back from the ride Jenny said that she was done, and felt so sick that she needed to go back to the room, so she and Michael left.
:(
Sorry to hear that.
:laughing: This is such a fun shot that you're forgiven for not getting the mandatory foot shot.
Again, I forgot where the picture was. I remembered as the flash went off.
Bit late by then!
I realized that I was so tired, I couldn’t stand to stand for much longer.
Oh dear...
We were both “put a fork in me” done.
:scared:
Seth offered to drive us back to our hotel! We were so grateful!
I bet!
I remembered that I had half a box of spaghetti in my owner’s locker. Probably from 2016 when we took Naked Jim to WDW, but that stuff doesn’t really go bad right?
I don't know... I mean... I've never really thought of it. It seems to last forever? :confused3
I found a jar of Prego, we had bacon and chives in the room, so I figured that it wouldn’t be the worst combination of flavors and purchased the jar of pasta sauce.
There ya go. :)
Jill ate her chicken tenders and crawled in the hot tub. Here’s my pasta dinner that I ate hot tub side.
Poor thing. Sounds like she was wiped.
And I first thought you meant you crawled in too, and ate your spaghetti in the tub. If I'd been alone... I might have done just that!
so instead of enjoying the hot tub one last time, I packed up some of my things for the move the next day and also hit the sack.
You know you're tired when you skip a hot tub.

Nothing I like better than free Starbucks that someone else hands me!

I can get behind this!

Tron was ok. I'm not a fan of the movies and the position on the bike is uncomfortable....the story is weak especially when compared to Guardians but it was still fun. My picture is awful! LOL

Does this mean we're not going to ride it in December? LOL!

I was so tired and already thinking about asking Alison if she wanted to call it so I'm glad she spoke up!

We are usually pretty much in sync, so I didn't mind suggesting it. Neither of us are people to push ourselves that hard when we are both exhausted.

My step count alone should have told me something!

The ride back to the resort was so nice! The chicken tenders hit the spot and the hot tub was very much needed!

I just wasn't feeling chicken tenders, burgers or anything else on the menu. I think I really wanted pasta.

That was a nice VIP tour with lots of fun accomplishments to be done! I also would have been exhausted at that point as you guys did a ton.

I'm all for simple dinners when needed. That sounds like the nice easy mix after a long day of doing stuff.

Before we boarded our vessels, he took each of our orders for our favorite drinks at Starbucks
Wow! What service!
I still need to get on this ride, maybe I need to plan a WDW trip for next year...will have to see how the ol' budget is doing after this year
That's a lot of writing! I'm not a starbucks person, so what does that all translate to?

z24WDW0404TD45.jpg
I thought you more so than Jill on the fun scale
When we asked Seth earlier about the viewing area, he told us that there were not any benches to sit on, and that it was all SRO
No seating, ouch after a long tour day!

I finished off her open bottle of sparkling rose wine, since we would be switching resorts the next day.
That's our girl, never leave one behind :drinking1

I'm enjoying following along in the background. Apologies that I haven't made many (any?) comments.
No worries! Thanks for commenting!
V&A sounds incredible. I haven't been for at least ten years and think I need to revisit sometime soon!
You definitely need to visit again soon, it was so good!
The cabin looks so cozy and delightful. I can't imagine a better place to wait out a FL storm. How amazing to be able to watch the water pageant from your porch!!
It was such a great place to stay, I definitely want to do it again! I just need to build my points back up again.
VIP tours are so fun but definitely tiring.
For sure.
SPOILER: the "easter egg" at the bottom of the sign in Tower of Terror is
Thanks for sharing this. I completely forgot what it said.

I wonder how many there are?
I believe there are five or six songs. I would look it up, but I want to be surprised when I ride it again and get a new song.
As evidenced by your Space Mtn photo. ::yes::
::yes:: :thumbsup2
A clear indication that we need more tradespeople.
Well, either that or my guy(s) is/are just busy.
No wait for FoP! Okay, that's the nicest. :laughing:
Hmmm... says "VIP"...
Does not say "VIP"... favouritism??? Hmmmm????
I think Jill put a little more thought into her shot and actually tried to get the "Disney Parks" Logo in the picture. I just set mine down on a trash can and took a picture of whatever side was facing me! :laughing:
Seth looks like he's a fun guy. :)
He was super fun! We had a blast with him!
I'd say it looks like 50% of you look like you're having fun.
:lmao: Jill always has a look like that on her face in ride pictures. She is a good sport for letting me post them.
:(
Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, she went down pretty hard.
:laughing: This is such a fun shot that you're forgiven for not getting the mandatory foot shot.
We couldn't anyways, because Seth was sitting in the opposite seat.
I don't know... I mean... I've never really thought of it. It seems to last forever? :confused3
I've never had a box that long cause I always eat it too quickly, but it was fine.
Poor thing. Sounds like she was wiped.
And I first thought you meant you crawled in too, and ate your spaghetti in the tub. If I'd been alone... I might have done just that!
Yes we were both wiped, and I couldn't eat in a hot tub. Drink yes, but putting hot food in my body when it is immersed in hot water is just weird.
You know you're tired when you skip a hot tub.

I believe there are five or six songs. I would look it up, but I want to be surprised when I ride it again and get a new song.
Well, either that or my guy(s) is/are just busy.
Because… we need more trades!
I think Jill put a little more thought into her shot and actually tried to get the "Disney Parks" Logo in the picture. I just set mine down on a trash can and took a picture of whatever side was facing me! :laughing:
:laughing:
Jill always has a look like that on her face in ride pictures. She is a good sport for letting me post them.
:)
We couldn't anyways, because Seth was sitting in the opposite seat.
“Hop out Seth, we have TR business to take care of.”
Yes we were both wiped, and I couldn't eat in a hot tub. Drink yes, but putting hot food in my body when it is immersed in hot water is just weird.
And ice cream is out…. Cold sandwich?

That was a nice VIP tour with lots of fun accomplishments to be done! I also would have been exhausted at that point as you guys did a ton.
It was! I didn't realize how tired I was going to be at the end of that day!
I'm all for simple dinners when needed. That sounds like the nice easy mix after a long day of doing stuff.
I think I was also craving pasta, because what I really wanted was Stouffers Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. They had it in the freezer at the Jambo House market.

Wow! What service!
I know! He was a great guy!
I still need to get on this ride, maybe I need to plan a WDW trip for next year...will have to see how the ol' budget is doing after this year
Yes. Yes you do.
That's a lot of writing! I'm not a starbucks person, so what does that all translate to?
Well the only thing that I can translate is this

4SFV | CL

Which means 4 pumps of Sugar Free Vanilla syrup, no classic syrup. No idea what the remaining jibberish is, possibly related to who and when is picking it up.
I thought you more so than Jill on the fun scale
:laughing:
No seating, ouch after a long tour day!
I know! That is brutal!
That's our girl, never leave one behind :drinking1

:thumbsup2

facebook twitter