The Weekend Grind 6/22 & 6/23 2013

JJ&JHsmom

DIS Veteran
Happy Weekend!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

today:
pick up flowers for Julia's dance teacher, my niece and Julia
niece's grad party at 2
Julia to recital at 3:30
after recital to Jillian's grad party
home to crash

tomorrow:
menu list and grocery shop
order pics
:laundy:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Tell Julia we said to "break a leg!" Enjoy the show :)

My list is long, and crazy, but it's got to get done:

• I finally took an hour and wrote up some directions for Rebecca. Life has been so crazy lately, I just haven't had time to sit and do it! I hope it's not too late :worried:
  • Laundry :laundy: DH fixed the washer this week!! :cool1:
  • Put away last week's laundry :rolleyes1
    [*]Scale paper mountain, we get far too much junk mail!
    [*]Put away coffee order
    [*]Clean out fridge
    [*]Dishes after clean out
    [*]Clean bathroom
    [*]Menu
    [*]Grocery list
    [*]Grocery shopping
    [*]Take DH to movies for a belated FD treat
  • Pick sketches and titles for swaps
  • Pick papers for swaps so I'm ready to order when SYT has another free shipping offer
  • Figure out date for Mo's birthday party
  • Make invitations (she wants to have a "British Invasion" pool party) and look for ideas for party favors and food
  • Girl Scout registration for Em's family
  • Belated birthday card for my coworker

Last day of school is Tuesday! :dance3: Of course, the craziness of figuring out where she's going to be when will start, but at least homework and activities will be DONE!

Work is going good, they are keeping me busy and I'm really enjoying learning new things.

Hope everyone is well, safe, and taking some time to relax!

Cassey
:flower3::flower3::flower3:
lots of flowers - congrats to each one of them

MorgansMom - your real name is blank to me this morning, I hate it when that happens because I know I know it - I'm sure someone will post it soon & I'll feel stupid for not remembering.
hmmm British Invasion - I'm thinking Beetles for some reason - so 70s, peace signs & flower power should be easy to do
now if that is wrong please let me know

you still have school?? glad it is almost done

want to put up my laundry too??:rolleyes1

Sister should be over later to play change boys - she is dropping off the one that went to camp for the one that needs to go. - not sure Mom & Dad will come get the other one either Sunday or Monday (kinda hoping Sun so DH & I can go do something)

Morning! Finally got some sleep last night.. My head hit the pillow at 11pm and I was out... DH woke me about 8:30ish to say he and DS12 were leaving and I was back out till 10am!

Prayers and pixie dust to all in need.

On today's agenda:

cut Norway embellishments/titles x 10 - MUST
load and run dishwasher we got to chatting about things last night and I forgot (family meeting about activities; futures, etc)
make sure DS17 does the list of chores DH put out for him
have DD look for sales on the clothing items she needs
once over house
type up swap info list & print

Sunday:

complete Norway LO
photos/post to thread
sort swap
bag/tag and put into mailing box
print mailer to drop off on Monday

movie w/ the family

I'm sure there is more but nothing that has to be done this weekend.. next week is going to be crazy for the kids.. Tuesday at work they have an all day field trip and then Friday DS17 has a college visitation... We have his last one on July 5th and he needs to pick his top 4 for us to submit applications to at the end of July/first week of August... I hope he make his decision by December so we can submit any deposit we need asap... (I gave DD the same deadline too except when she hit her campus she knew that day)..

Good luck everyone with your lists!!!

Jennifer- good luck to Morgan this last week of school! She must be thrilled to be about done for the summer!! Good luck on the birthday party ideas!

Cassey - good luck to Julia today and enjoy the parties.

Reddy - hope all is well and you have fun this weekend.. the boys doing okay at Rock House? (I think that is the name)..

happy weekend!

Cassey sounds like a fun and busy day! good luck to the dancers!
Jen, tired reading your list! Morgan's party idea sounds fun! sure she's excited for school to be done!
Reddy have fun with the boys!
Nan, happy you got some sleep!

well yesterday didn't get our errands done, Megan was feeling a bit :sick: hope she's better today we plan on going to see Monster's U!!!

today:
p/u action dance photos
drop off bookmarks to get laminated
find paper I need for holiday swap
drop last scrapbook expo work at LSS
see Monster's U

tomorrow:
might meet up with AZ friend in town for Seattle marathon for breakfast
megan's BFF bday party at 200
balance checkbook

P & PD to all :hug:

have a wonderful weekend!

Quick fly by! P and pd to all those who need.

Today is dance recital. We should be in and out fast. Only 2 dances, in one show.

Hang around house.

Tomorrow
Dance again
Lunch out
Haircut for DD #2 she's been dying to have it cut. Will donate again.
Monsters u if we don't see it today.

Thats all. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good luck everyone with your lists!!!

Jennifer- good luck to Morgan this last week of school! She must be thrilled to be about done for the summer!! Good luck on the birthday party ideas!

Cassey - good luck to Julia today and enjoy the parties.

Reddy - hope all is well and you have fun this weekend.. the boys doing okay at Rock House? (I think that is the name)..

they are doing great at Rock House - going to pick them up tomorrow or maybe later today (maybe pick one up tonight to play with Alex-Paul - would do both but I don't have another bed unless I get the sewing room cleaned up which isn't going to happen)

must get back on pics - going to have to get some more ink for my printer

Just wanted to drop in and say hi - have been in north Georgia for a little over a week helping Dad out, got home yesterday afternoon. He has to stay off of his foot all the time until the amputation wound heals. No driving or walking around anywhere for 3-6 months. When he does get up, he has to walk on his heel and use a walker. He is essentially homebound, except for his weekly visit to the doctor. This is gonna be tough for him but I sure hope he listens. If the wound doesn't heal, the will amputate below the knee, sigh!

Anyway, I am mentally and physically exhausted - lots of other family drama was going on as well (I'll spare you those details). Anyway, home health care isn't covered because the wound is not open so my two sisters and one brother that live within a hour of Dad's are helping him once a week by cooking, shopping, taking him to appts.,etc. They are school teachers and are off for the summer; not sure what Dad is going to do when they all go back to work in August. Guess we'll figure that out here shortly.

Will have to catch up on old posts - hope everyone is doing ok!

Becky

Reddy, it's a more current British Invasion of "YouTubers" (her word, not mine). She's absolutely enthralled with these kids from the UK who post videos on YouTube. So, it's more current, but still silly. I found a 'keep calm and fake a British accent' print that I'm going to use for one side of the invites.

Barely touched my list. We went to see Man of Steel (speaking of British Invasion - Henry Cavill - hubba hubba!) and do a few errands. I haven't been sleeping well either, so I was out early last night. Must get some things done TODAY!

Becky, I am saddened by the state of the insurance world. I hope your dad does well. Hugs.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh and yes, we still have school...2 hurricane days and 4 snow days, sigh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jen - hubba, hubba is right! We saw Man of Steel yesterday too, no padding for this Superman, sigh!

Becky

Jennifer, gotta love the snow and hurricane days!

Becky, hope your father's recovery goes well and that he listens to the doctors!

Recital went great! Julia did fantastic as did everyone else. Spent some time with Jillian's family at her grad party, then came home a crashed. Need to get started on today's list.

Have a great day all!

Just have the Norway titles to finish today.. changed them 3 times.. LOL

Need to print out the sketch info..

Norway will be done today!!!! Bag/tagged and ready to ship by 6pm or else!

Becky, I hope your Dad listens... family drama is everywhere... it's running amuck around here...but I am removed enough because I'm the bad family member who moved away! :woohoo: I got a title! :)

Becky, I hope your Dad listens... family drama is everywhere... it's running amuck around here...but I am removed enough because I'm the bad family member who moved away! :woohoo: I got a title! :)

yeah for title!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

please add all titles to our list of Disney Titles so I can use them in the furture:rolleyes1

hmmm where did I save that list at??
I'll have to look later now it is back to taping down pics :rolleyes:

Happy Sunday :)

P & PD for those in need pixiedust:

Becky hope your dad listens and heals well
Nan I have a title too ;)
Glad Julia's recital went well
Poor Morgan school until July, I can't even imagine!

Hoping my pain meds kick in soon.

Requesting P & PD for Rachel. We are taking her to see a rheumatologist (her RH level is 2 times normal limits) so it looks like she has some type of juvenile arthritis in addition to her Epstein-Barr.

Have a great day all :flower3:

Haha - boy I know what you mean! I'm the oldest of six, 3 girls and 3 boys - a built in Brady Family. I have a brother that lives in AZ, one in OH, one sister who lives 3 miles from Dad and the other sister and brother are about an hour's drive from Dad. The three of us that left are removed from most of the drama but when I was back there, they tried to suck me in. So glad to be home!!

Happy Sunday :)

Requesting P & PD for Rachel. We are taking her to see a rheumatologist (her RH level is 2 times normal limits) so it looks like she has some type of juvenile arthritis in addition to her Epstein-Barr.

Sending lottsa P & PD for sweet Rachel :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter