The We Moved To Orlando Trip Report Update 4/12 Trevon's Birthday & East

Hi!!!

I just wanted to post an update as it's been so long ...

We are doing wonderful ~ having a great time and still loving and enjoying every minute of living near Disney :lovestruc

We still live in the same zip code, just love it here. We have moved each year into a different house. The first house we moved to, when we first moved to FL. if you remember was in a Resort, a 4bdrm. townhouse. It was nice but we were ready to move when the lease was up. We wanted a pool! We lived in Fl and wanted a pool of our own to play in, lol.

So, we moved into a much larger house (3000 sf instead of 2000) with a huge pool and hot tub. It was very nice, we loved it, but when the year was up we were ready to move again as we didn't need that much space.

We moved into our current home in Nov. It is also in a Resort, which I love, and is 2000 sf (perfect size) and also has a pool. NO hot tub, but that's okay!

We are still less than 10 miles from Disney, and we still go about 2 to 3 times a week, depending on the amount of free time we have ;)

The kids are still homeschooled ~ Fl has a great virtual school the kids are enrolled in.

Let's see ... getting used to the heat but I still don't love it, lol. We go out during the cool months, and stay inside during the summer (except to swim out back , or course!)

No bug issues, or snakes, or anything like that, lol.

We take weekly trips to the beach, to hunt for sharks teeth and to enjoy the beautiful ocean.

We take as many overnight trips as we can to various towns around Orlando, to go to museums, attractions, restaurants and beaches. We still love to travel and we love experiencing new places in Florida!

In Feb. we went to St. Augustine and last week we went to Sarasota. I'll post a mini trip report for those two trips here.

We'll be going to the Flower and Garden Festival in a few days, I'll post pics here too.

I guess that's it for the update ~~~ I will post some pics now :)

Thanks for reading ~ and I hope all my readers are doing well too!

Yay! I was wondering how everyone was doing. I almost moved to Orlando a year ago but didnt in the end. I wish I had. Can't wait to read more.

Hi!!!

We are still less than 10 miles from Disney, and we still go about 2 to 3 times a week, depending on the amount of free time we have ;)

The kids are still homeschooled ~ Fl has a great virtual school the kids are enrolled in.

Let's see ... getting used to the heat but I still don't love it, lol. We go out during the cool months, and stay inside during the summer (except to swim out back , or course!)

You will NEVER get used to the heat! We've been here for four years and I still hate it. We are also less than 10 miles from WDW, on the southwest side.

You use FL virtual school? My friend started that this year with her 2nd grade son, and is going to do it with her younger children, as well. Mine are not school aged yet, but I will homeschool, too.

Yay! I was wondering how everyone was doing. I almost moved to Orlando a year ago but didnt in the end. I wish I had. Can't wait to read more.

Were you going to come to Orlando for a job? What made you decide not to move to Orlando?

It was nice to see you on the thread ~ thanks for reading along and for your support!

You will NEVER get used to the heat! We've been here for four years and I still hate it. We are also less than 10 miles from WDW, on the southwest side.

You use FL virtual school? My friend started that this year with her 2nd grade son, and is going to do it with her younger children, as well. Mine are not school aged yet, but I will homeschool, too.

That's true, I suppose the correct term would have been that I am adapting to the heat better, lol.

I am adapting to the humidity and heat much better, but I still complain! Yesterday it was around 90 and boy was I uncomfortable!

We are in 4 Corners, where are you?

I do use FLVS, it's wonderful and my son loves it! The youngest children haven't started it yet, just my oldest son, who is almost 15.

That's awesome that you will homeschool ~ way to go and you made a wonderful choice!

Do you go to Disney often?

That's true, I suppose the correct term would have been that I am adapting to the heat better, lol.

I am adapting to the humidity and heat much better, but I still complain! Yesterday it was around 90 and boy was I uncomfortable!

We are in 4 Corners, where are you?

I do use FLVS, it's wonderful and my son loves it! The youngest children haven't started it yet, just my oldest son, who is almost 15.

That's awesome that you will homeschool ~ way to go and you made a wonderful choice!

Do you go to Disney often?

Near the intersection of 192 and 27 on the Polk County side. I'm a SAHM - my kids are 3 1/2 and 7 months. We go to WDW about once a week! (DH is a CM.)

I have really enjoyed reading all your updates on the Florida move.

We live in Canada and our chance of moving to Florida is probably 0, but it's nice to at least experience it through you:)

Thanks for updating us! I am happy you haven't encountered a snake. Since moving to South East VA I am scared that I will run into one. I can't wait to see the flower & garden pics. We are going the last weekend in May.

Were you going to come to Orlando for a job? What made you decide not to move to Orlando?

It was nice to see you on the thread ~ thanks for reading along and for your support!

I was moving to be closer to WDW and try to become a CM. I work for Cracker Barrel so I can work in any city. What made me change my mind was a man. I will never do that again :lmao:

Near the intersection of 192 and 27 on the Polk County side. I'm a SAHM - my kids are 3 1/2 and 7 months. We go to WDW about once a week! (DH is a CM.)

I'm moving near the intersection of 192 and 27 next week. Can't wait.

Neat! Where does your DH work, and does he like working at WDW?

I have really enjoyed reading all your updates on the Florida move.

We live in Canada and our chance of moving to Florida is probably 0, but it's nice to at least experience it through you:)

I'm glad that you can experience it through me, that's one of the reasons I did this moving report, as it's so many people's dream's ;)

Do you like where you live in Canada?

Thanks for updating us! I am happy you haven't encountered a snake. Since moving to South East VA I am scared that I will run into one. I can't wait to see the flower & garden pics. We are going the last weekend in May.

My pleasure! We did see a little snake in the road last year on the way home, but it was gone in an instant. It was right near the sidewalk too!

Oh, and I found a Black Widow in/underneath my mailbox last year :eek:

I hope you don't run into any snakes in VA!

I can't wait for the F&G festival this year, I really love it, it's beautiful! How wonderful you're going to be visiting soon!

I was moving to be closer to WDW and try to become a CM. I work for Cracker Barrel so I can work in any city. What made me change my mind was a man. I will never do that again :lmao:

That would have been fun!

Did the relationship work out at least ... ?

I'm moving near the intersection of 192 and 27 next week. Can't wait.

Awesome! We will practically be neighbors!

What brings you to the area?

Cool, we'll be neighbors :-)

That's so neat, all three of us in the same zip, lol.

Nope he apparently had another girlfriend at the same time. He talked me into moving to her side of town. I even had a trip to WDW paid for for Christmas of 09 so my son could spend his bday there and get the free bday gift card. I paid it off the day before he came back into my life (he is my son's father) and 16 days before we were due to leave he said "no don't go" and I cancelled the entire thing. He had some power lol.

:cool1:Woohoo:cool1:; glad to see you've popped "back" on here, EF! Glad to hear that your family is still enjoying FL; as it's literally freezing up here right now, I'm going to be living vicariously through you til May or so! :thumbsup2

Nope he apparently had another girlfriend at the same time. He talked me into moving to her side of town. I even had a trip to WDW paid for for Christmas of 09 so my son could spend his bday there and get the free bday gift card. I paid it off the day before he came back into my life (he is my son's father) and 16 days before we were due to leave he said "no don't go" and I cancelled the entire thing. He had some power lol.

How crappy! Sorry to hear that :sad2:

He's in Business Technology. His office is physically backstage at Animal Kingdom, but he does time and attendance systems for WDW and DLR.

Neat! Sounds like fun :goodvibes
:cool1:Woohoo:cool1:; glad to see you've popped "back" on here, EF! Glad to hear that your family is still enjoying FL; as it's literally freezing up here right now, I'm going to be living vicariously through you til May or so! :thumbsup2

Hi starrzone!!! So nice to "see" you :)

Sorry to hear you're freezing up there. It's plenty warm down here! Are you coming to WDW in May?

Caspersen Beach ~ 3/3/11

One of our favorite day trips is Caspersen Beach, right below Sarasota. From our house, it only takes around 1:45 to get there, and it's a nice, fast and easy drive.

We love it because it is secluded, in it's natural state, and it has lots of shark teeth, and calm water!

We went last week for an overnight trip, and again yesterday for a day trip.

The pictures I am posting first are from our trip yesterday. After these pictures, I'll post some pictures of our trip last week, because they are sunset pictures and it was just beautiful.

We love to relax at the beach, it's so calming and soothing ... there is just something about this beach!

CaspersenBeach3-3007.jpg

The water is so calm and beautiful

CaspersenBeach3-3014.jpg

It was cold by many peoples standards, but the weird thing is, once you get in you're warm (must be your body going numb ...)

CaspersenBeach3-3018.jpg

CaspersenBeach3-3023.jpg

CaspersenBeach3-3027.jpg

I'm going to share some pics of our shark tooth hunting ...

This is the strainer that we dump the shell pieces on so we can sort through the shells and rocks and see the shark teeth.
CaspersenBeach3-3001.jpg

We picked it up gift shop in Venice for around 18.00.

This is the scoop, there are all sizes, but I like this size best. It was around 22.00
CaspersenBeach3-3002.jpg

CaspersenBeach3-3004.jpg

This is a batch of stuff we got with our scoop
CaspersenBeach3-3021.jpg

Up close ~
CaspersenBeach3-3022.jpg

and here is Nara looking for shark's teeth
CaspersenBeach3-3026.jpg

This is a random stranger looking for shark teeth, using his scoop in the water where you find them
CaspersenBeach3-3005.jpg

... and a random boy looking for shark's teeth ...
CaspersenBeach3-3006.jpg

and down the beach you can see a bunch of people using various tools and looking for shark's teeth ...
CaspersenBeach3-3012.jpg

and here are our shark teeth finds, and even a whale tooth from this day (about 1 1/2 hours of searching)
sharkteeth001.jpg

All shapes and sizes...
sharkteeth002.jpg

Now ... the sunset pics from last week ...

SharkToothHunters062.jpg

SarasotaFeb232011092.jpg

SharkToothHunters048.jpg

SharkToothHunters067.jpg

SharkToothHunters070.jpg

SharkToothHunters080.jpg

and my favorite one of all ~ just looking at it takes me back to that peaceful place :lovestruc
SharkToothHunters054.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the update ~~ and maybe one day you can visit Caspersen Beach and hunt for shark's teeth yourself :goodvibes

Those pictures are awesome! I love the ocean! I have looked at them twice now and can't get enough. You sound like you are living right where you should be. Life looks good!

Ok, I just wasted a couple of hours living through you. :)

I love to read your trip reports because you have such a different life and lifestyle than I do (though part of me is/was like you are). I'd love to live so spontaneously, but my husband is the least spontaneous man I've ever known. :)

Oh, and thank you for writing in the purple ink. It makes it much easier to find your posts!

Love the pictures of you shark tooth hunting. I want to do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter