The We Moved To Orlando Trip Report Update 4/12 Trevon's Birthday & East

I enjoy reading FL blogs and love to read yours!

I posted a new blog entry on my Disney blog today ~ about the Dinosaur attraction at the Animal Kingdom. Lots of pics!

PM me for details :goodvibes

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 years since we read about you moving down there. I'd love to live in central FL, but I will have to wait about 20 more years until we retire!
Please PM me your blog info. I like to read about living in FL.

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 years since we read about you moving down there. I'd love to live in central FL, but I will have to wait about 20 more years until we retire!
Please PM me your blog info. I like to read about living in FL.

Hi there! How have you been? I know, 3 years!!!! Time really flies ~ I swear it feels like a year, no more.

I am sending you a PM now okay? Thanks!

I went to the Bay Lake Towers about a month ago to take some pictures for my new Informational Disney Resorts website. I'm giving away all my secrets and tips and hints about enjoying the resorts ~ they are so beautiful!

This is one of my favorite pictures ~ I took lots that day but my favorite ones came out at night :goodvibes

disney-bay-lake-towerpng-2.gif

It was taken with my new camera, A Christmas gift to myself :cutie:. It's a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. Trevon is a photographer (very talented!) and he is helping me learn the ropes. He also received a Canon EOS Rebel T3i for Christmas and the kids each got a Olympus PEN.

We have all become quite the photographers!

New News!!! I am very, very proud of Trevon (who by the way is going to turn 16 in a few days!!!) for following HIS dream by starting his first blog, ~~ Disney World Digital Photography Tips. In the two days it's been up and running he's had over 300 views!

He is very happy with it, and so am I. He just loves taking creative pictures and he has so many opportunities living near Disney World.

His next goal which he'll start working on in the next few weeks is to make an informative website on Digital Photography Tips.

Please check out his blog (and ours ~ we add a new Disney Blog Post filled with photos Every Single Day!) and share your thoughts and comments with us. We're new at this and we're really enjoying "sharing" the magic :wizard:.

Update!

yachtMagicKingdom035-1.jpg

Okay, so we went to the MK the other night and tried the new game attraction, The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

P1010165-1.jpg

Anyone played yet?

It's addictive and FUN! The kids love it!

SorcerersoftheMagicKingdom036.jpg

We've gone to the MK 3 times this week already, tonight will be our 4th night, lol.

The kids can't get enough. We have been going around 8pm and staying about 3 or 4 hours. The time flies ~ it's never long enough :lmao:.

SorcerersoftheMagicKingdom045.jpg

We bought a little trading card binder to put the kid's cards in. It makes it much easier to carry and deal with. We've met lots of nice people in the lines at the Portals and we've traded some cards. It's a great new experience.

SorcerersoftheMagicKingdom038.jpg

Of course, add in the magic of the Magic Kingdom, the cool nights (with a nice breeze lately), the treats (kids get popcorn and cotton candy) I got a Root Beer Float last night, Dole Whip the other day, and you have the perfect evening of fun!

We usually eat dinner before we head over to the MK and then when we get home we eat a little snack. I don't like to eat late so I just have a cup of Soy Milk (protein) and about an ounce of cheese (more protein).

Tonight I'm considering eating in the park, it's been awhile. I don't usually eat regular food in the parks because I don't eat meat and I can't have MSG or Nitrates. It's hard to find something healthy that I can eat in the parks. Cosmic Ray's has veggie burgers that are good, and Tortuga Tavern has a vegetarian burrito but they always close at 3pm and I am never there during the day (working!).

It's very neat experiencing this new attraction in it's early stages. It's really taken off, the locals and CM's love it. There are really some big time Sorcerers out there!

SorcerersoftheMagicKingdom046.jpg

Just in case you haven't heard about it, it's a new interactive Disney game, kind of like a scavenger hunt.

P1010159-1.jpg

Just stop by the Firehouse on your way in to pick up a pack of cards and a Portal Key and a map and then you go through the various lands searching for your next portal. At the portals you watch videos and battle villains using the cards (featuring Disney Characters and spells). You use the cards to cast spells to defeat villains, then move onto the next portal. There are different levels so the game has some variety.

We talked to one guest who played all day (only rode 1 ride, POTC late at night and walked on) and it took her 8 1/2 hours to complete the first level of the game!

SorcerersoftheMagicKingdom071.jpg

If you have a chance to play it ~ try it! It's really fun :goodvibes

P1010160.jpg

Trying to read this in a hurry! DH, the boys, & the fur babies are moving to Orlando at the end of this month! :scared1:

Great pictures. You and your wife look a lot a like. I guess we do eventually turn into our spouses, huh? lol

Trying to read this in a hurry! DH, the boys, & the fur babies are moving to Orlando at the end of this month! :scared1:

Hi there! How exciting about your move to Orlando!

You will love it here :goodvibes. If you need any help with planning, or have any questions about moving, just PM me, I'd be glad to help if I can :).

Great pictures. You and your wife look a lot a like. I guess we do eventually turn into our spouses, huh? lol

Hi. Thanks so much, we love taking pictures, and love sharing them too ♥. That's my sister, not my wife :lmao:. I guess you didn't read the whole moving report :rolleyes:.

A lot of people think we are twins, but we're two years apart :).

Hi there! How exciting about your move to Orlando!

You will love it here :goodvibes. If you need any help with planning, or have any questions about moving, just PM me, I'd be glad to help if I can :).

Hi. Thanks so much, we love taking pictures, and love sharing them too ♥. That's my sister, not my wife :lmao:. I guess you didn't read the whole moving report :rolleyes:.

A lot of people think we are twins, but we're two years apart :).

Sorry about that. It looked like a 'family' photo. It's 40+ pages long so no I didn't read it. Just looked at the last page or so of pictures.

Update!

It was a great week, filled with fun holidays.

Trevon's birthday was last week, he turned 16, can you believe it? Boy do they grow up fast!

P1010125-1.jpg

We went to Tampa for a fun filled day, you can read about it on my blog if you want.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter this year :goodvibes. We had a great time as always, waking up to find the Easter Bunny had come during the night and left Easter Baskets for everyone filled with candy and toys and goodies.

We had numerous Easter egg hunts (the kids can't get enough of hunting Easter eggs), and played fun games outside.

Easter2012205-1.jpg

I bought Mario Party 9 for the wii for the family as our Easter gift. It's super fun!

We have all the Mario Party games for the Gamecube and the Wii and we love to play them together. It's great family fun.

Have any of you played Mario Party?

:wizard:

It's getting warm here (or hot, depending on what kind of weather you're used to). At least the mornings and evenings are still cool, and usually feature a nice breeze. This time of year we love to go to the parks in the evenings, after the sun goes down, and a lot of the crowds head back to their hotels and resorts.

The kids are excited because it's pool time again. It's hard having a pool right outside your doors, that you see everyday but can't use, lol.

It's pretty though, and I always enjoy seeing it through the windows and doors.

We heat it sometimes in the winter, for a week or so at a time, but we don't leave it heated all winter. It's too large. Maybe if we had a smaller pool that would work, but it's a big one.

Well, that's it for this week's update. If you want to read more you can check my blog, I post on it daily.

Easter2012005.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot. Has anyone been to the Titanic Experience in Orlando? There is a homeschool group going and it seems like it would be an interesting experience. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Hello,

If you could PM your blog info I would love to read it. I can't believe its been 3 years that you are down there already time flies. I am so interested in hearing about the Titanic Experience we are planning on taking my daughter she love sit on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter