The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Parking at 7:15AM will be more than early enough for both parks. Epcot is only about a 5 - 7 minute drive. MK is about 12-15 minutes but parking at TTC then ferry is another ~15-20 minutes.

Everyone gets in before opening at MK. People are let in to shop, purchase breakfast items, etc. and the opening show is now at the castle stage. The "lands" are roped off. Those don't open until the official time. We left WBC at 8:15 for a 9 opening and didn't make it. Between parking, tram to TTC, security, waiting for ferry one day, monorail the other, getting IN the park....it took quite a while.

So this is our first time staying at the whyndam bonnet creek and we are very excited... but I'm trying to figure out what time we should leave the room to get to the parks. My family has never been big on getting to the parks super early but we are only going for two days and are trying out touring plans (one day at Epcot and one day at MK). The Epcot day we have an 8am ADR at GG so I'm planning on parking at 7:15 to get through security and to the GG in time for our reservation (does that sound right though).

And then for the MK I want to do rope drop. Since I've heard they can sometimes let people in a little before the park opening time of 9am I was again thinking of parking at 7:15. But I want confirmation before I tell my family about our goal parking times... and then if I leave the room by 7 each morning am I giving myself enough time to drive and park at the MK and Epcot???
At MK, they let everyone in the park early now, but don't let you out of the hub (the area in front of the castle) until 9 a.m. after the opening show. Now, a big crowd will gather where you would head to the Diamond Train ride, so it you want to join that herd you have be in that part of the hub earlier and not go over at 8:45 a.m. There will be less people headed to the other areas of the park.

Hey Pe
We did this a lot the first week of April. I like to do rope drop, leave the park around noon, hit the pool or nap in the room for a few hours, and then hop to a different park for the late afternoon/evening. I don't find it inconvenient anywhere other than Magic Kingdom but I am so over the TTC that we usually just pay the $8 or so to Uber to the contemporary. We don't travel with car seats but we did rent an ECV this past trip which made the in/out of the car less convenient. It doesn't hurt to try it on your first couple of days and see how that works out for you. Bear in mind that WBC is right next to Caribbean Beach so I find it a very convenient location and easy to drive to all of the parks.
Hey Pepper and Chips-
We plan to drive to all the parks in our own car but I too am not a fan of the TTC, its such a hassle with parking lot trams followed by a monorail or boat across the lake. Would you recommend Uber for that day vs. our own car? Are you able to be dropped at the Contemporary by Uber and walk over to the MK? Even early in the morning?
I would appreciate any advice you have to best navigate an early morning arrival at MK. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hey Pe

Hey Pepper and Chips-
We plan to drive to all the parks in our own car but I too am not a fan of the TTC, its such a hassle with parking lot trams followed by a monorail or boat across the lake. Would you recommend Uber for that day vs. our own car? Are you able to be dropped at the Contemporary by Uber and walk over to the MK? Even early in the morning?
I would appreciate any advice you have to best navigate an early morning arrival at MK. Thanks!

Yep that's exactly what we did. When we summoned the Uber in the app we just put in Contemporary Resort as our destination. The driver just told the guys at the parking booth at the Contemporary that he was dropping off guests, and they told him no problem and directed him to the front lobby. We just asked the driver to drop us in the Bay Lake Tower parking lot instead and it was no problem - but if you wanted to cross all your t's you could just tell the Uber driver to tell the guys at the booth that he's dropping you at Bay Lake Tower. It was not a problem and a very short walk. The plus side of this is that when we were last there, the walkway from CR had its own bag check. The only negative I can think of is that the Uber ride is about $8 each way, but if you were going to be paying to park your car at the TTC you'd be paying $20. We have APs so we get free parking and I still think the Uber is worth it. We often eat at either the Polynesian or the Contemporary after our morning at MK anyway so it's convenient to be picked up at one of those resorts on the way out anyway.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Yep that's exactly what we did. When we summoned the Uber in the app we just put in Contemporary Resort as our destination. The driver just told the guys at the parking booth at the Contemporary that he was dropping off guests, and they told him no problem and directed him to the front lobby. We just asked the driver to drop us in the Bay Lake Tower parking lot instead and it was no problem - but if you wanted to cross all your t's you could just tell the Uber driver to tell the guys at the booth that he's dropping you at Bay Lake Tower. It was not a problem and a very short walk. The plus side of this is that when we were last there, the walkway from CR had its own bag check. The only negative I can think of is that the Uber ride is about $8 each way, but if you were going to be paying to park your car at the TTC you'd be paying $20. We have APs so we get free parking and I still think the Uber is worth it. We often eat at either the Polynesian or the Contemporary after our morning at MK anyway so it's convenient to be picked up at one of those resorts on the way out anyway.

Let me know if you have other questions!
Thanks so much for the info. I definitely think we will Uber over early in the morning. What time would you recommend we plan on arriving at CR to get to MK for rope drop?

At MK, they let everyone in the park early now, but don't let you out of the hub (the area in front of the castle) until 9 a.m. after the opening show. Now, a big crowd will gather where you would head to the Diamond Train ride, so it you want to join that herd you have be in that part of the hub earlier and not go over at 8:45 a.m. There will be less people headed to the other areas of the park.

That's good to hear! We have fast passes for the diamond mine ride later so we are heading for frontier land first... I'm hopeful the amount of rides we will get to go on will be worth the early wake up for everyone :)

That's good to hear! We have fast passes for the diamond mine ride later so we are heading for frontier land first... I'm hopeful the amount of rides we will get to go on will be worth the early wake up for everyone :)
You'd be surprised at how much you can do by 11AM while the Lemmings go to 7DMT and Peter Pan. We refuse to do slow/long rides until later. This way you can maximize the fast rides early. IASW, Splash, HM, and PotC are all done later because they are longer and slow rides. I don't want to spend 20 minutes on a ride while I can hammer out all of the short rides quickly. Once we pound out the short rides, the slower rides are a nice break.

I don't know for certain, but the video below has a complete inventory of what was in their kitchen. It does not look like there is a pie pan or pyrex dish for one.

I don't know for certain, but the video below has a complete inventory of what was in their kitchen. It does not look like there is a pie pan or pyrex dish for one.

So if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth ... well, I'm not sure what a video is worth. But that was very helpful. I probably should have searched for something like that to begin with. Thanks!

We are considering staying at WBC for the first time from March 1 -11. I will admit, I have very little knowledge on staying off site. This will be our first time. Our kids are 17 now and we need more space so this seems like a great option. Who do you suggest I book our stay with and what is considered a good price per night at WBC? Thank you.

March 1-11 is going to run into 2 issues for you. First, there will be an extra $100 charge because you cross that 7-night threshold. There is a mandatory cleaning fee. I never knew it either until an owner told me. Even if you break it up into 2 separate reservations, they get you with a fee. Second, this will be Spring/Winter Break so it will be Prime season. You can look up a points chart and expect to pay $7/1,000 points. For 10-nights, you are looking at about 300,000 points for a 2BR DLx. That would be ~$2,000.

There is plenty of information throughout the thread on places to rent. From easiest to least expensive. It depends on what your risk level is, how much you want to spend, and what you are looking for.

If the cleaning fee past 7-nights is not mandatory, then there are a lot of people on TUG lying about it.

Anyone have any experience getting a 10 day package at this resort? Can you only book in weekly groupings? Thanks!

I've never seen a pie baking dish ,, but have seen a rectangle glass baking
dish. I think the video does show that .

Some people from the north also call " pizza " a pie.
My husband is from New York and he has always called pizza a pie.
Doesn't make any sense to me ,, but his whole family does that.

Yes , I have seen a pizza pan (pie) on some of my visits and once a cookie sheet.

Im going back next week, so will post what kind of cooking items they supply.
We are staying in a 2 bedroom deluxe this time.

LOL. Now, I have in my head, "When the moon hits your eye ...." I was actually referring to something for apple pie (or something similar), and I didn't see that in the video. I did see the rectangular dish. I'll actually be there next week also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter